Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    The entire concept of Bouncer is still living proof of this.
    Bouncer? Broken? When?

Unless I'm forgetting that time where that happened....
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Bouncer was extremely weak as a main class outside of Niren Orochi at launch, and even that was situational. Plus the tech aspect of the class didn't work at all since subbing Te gave you jack for damage.

I just find it rather funny that they decide to nerf a whole mechanic because of a class combo with a specific pet. Making CT's multiplier lower depending on the weapon you'd use (highest being TMG since it's a gu skill) would seem a better choice I guess?

I just can't stop imagining their logic in my head:

Boss: "Su/Gu is throwing pillows for millions of damage by abbusing party WB and CT, what ya think we should do?"
    Employee 1 "Nerf CT"
    Employee 2 "Nerf max damage for every class in the game?"
    Employee 3 "How about we just nerf Su since it's supposed to be a class designed for new players and not a huge power creep?"

Guess who gets thrown out of the window.

This seems like the typical patchwork from SEGA where they fix a small problem by screwing everyone up, it's kinda getting old in my opinion... I'm kinda curious on how the japanese community is reacting to these new nerfs.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Funny thing, Su/Gu was listed as on of the recommended subs for Su in their player's guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    Funny thing, Su/Gu was listed as on of the recommended subs for Su in their player's guide.
    That was outsourced iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sol View Post
    Bouncer was extremely weak as a main class outside of Niren Orochi at launch, and even that was situational. Plus the tech aspect of the class didn't work at all since subbing Te gave you jack for damage.
    >tfw FiBo gives you good tech and melee damage

Kreygasm

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    >tfw FiBo gives you good tech and melee damage

Kreygasm
    I think you forgot the use of the term "main class"...
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    I think you forgot the use of the term "main class"...
    oh whoops. i guess i skimmed over that part lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    Bouncer? Broken? When?

Unless I'm forgetting that time where that happened....
    Broken as in it's a failed concept and they have no idea what to do with it. The bandaid called DB Snatch is basically the only thing making the class noteworthy at the moment, and that involves ramming yourself into the enemy over and over with 0 effort or thought. It doesn't really make for fun gameplay while still being worse than other melee once the fun time (PBF) is over. Whereas Jet Boots actually takes effort to use but has a lot less reward for some reason (and outright punishing if you use techs with reduced charged times since it only eats your PP quicker for less damage than most other things).

EP5 needs to do a overhaul to it and/or introduce a new bandaid skill that actually offers something to the MPA. After all, Bouncer was meant to be a class for party play. Yet even the likes of Chain Trigger encourages party play more.
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Apr 4, 2017 at 01:21 AM.

I said it once long ago during EP3, but just having a skill on BO tree that enable elemental masteries from FO or TE to apply to JB's melee if the gear match the element would had gone a long way to make it more potent for BOTE and poor Saga's joke of a BOFO. And now with skill ring for dual class specific being a thing, it's still doable (outside of game code program'ing issue ofc).
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

So SU/GU will be "useless" just because Marron's getting nerfed? And here I was using TMG > Torim/Aero for Chain Trigger. Why? Because Marron resets when you switch 'em out and... How the hell are you people getting Marron to maximum power in less than 5 seconds?
    Last edited by Mega Ultra Chicken; Apr 4, 2017 at 07:43 AM.