Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Stupid question I'm sure, but why couldn't Sega just cap the chain trigger damage when a Maron is present?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    Stupid question I'm sure, but why couldn't Sega just cap the chain trigger damage when a Maron is present?
    Probably because with current policies, it's fairly obvious at this point that SEGA likes to blow flies away with hurricanes.

but yeah, my issue with damage cap is not so much about CT itself but with how it will create even more balance issues.
    Remember FO, remember FI a.k.a classes with the highest DPS in the game, pretty much already established as the strongest classes before SU/GU was a thing ? Well the only classes that could actually complete in terms of damage with them were the other CT builds (which also sacrificed a lot of things to achieve that, notably having very mediocre damage outside of chains). With the damage cap in place, that pretty much means that again FO and FI will reign supreme, because after all doing a burst over 1M is broken, but doing 10k every fifth of a second is apparently fine.

Oh well it's not like it wasn't FOtasy Star Online already anyway sooo.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Apr 2, 2017 at 02:51 PM.

Give tmgs TMG Tri-chain and bump the tmgs chain cap up to 150 for main class and have it flip to 50 if you swap out of tmgs once its built LUUUL
    Capping the buildup for chains for every other class to 50 or something would be okay i guess.

Or
    I dont know
    Remove marron.

I'm on board for removing marron entirely.
    Every pet outside of torim spiraling is absolute garbage when compared to marron.
    Spoiler!

Even PSU was more balanced than PSO2, pls SEGA

I think Maron is mostly fine, the issue is that you can use multiples.

They should honestly just not let you have more than one, but then people would have a pissy fit they've made more than 1, but people should realise that a game needs nerfs sometimes, and that is going to mean some of your investments will get nuked. The power creep in PSO2 has gotten ridiculous.

Having one Maron does nothing in this chain trigger 4m+ situation. That's still a Maron on tap every 48 seconds, you can chain every 60 not including Chain F Bonus.

Marons Chains are the most useful in MPAs, pls don't nerf them SEGA.

Wait, how do you guys do the Marron chains properly? Get hit 6 times, chain and spam normals with marron till it explodes on enemy for maximum dmg?

With either a 3-hit / 6-hit Maron, you apply chain with normal or an uncharged tech, then build with Saf-0 and Ramegid-0 (usually with help as well), then use Maron Break x2 and Maron Strike to Detonate it (or just Strike, depending).

and then ofc pop a zanverse before hand since perfect keeper applies to zanverse on top of su's all attack bonus 1/2.

using multiple marons, and then ALSO allowing double stack of the roll that cuts KO time down by 10% (bringing maron's natural KO time down to 42seconds from 60, allowing for a much reliable maron revolver), a low pp cost nuke button (lol 5PP) which completely negates the biggest issue with daredevil parfait (1.1x damage but +25% pp cost) on top of maron having a personality that boosts its damage when it's below a certain HP threshold. and you can negate it's poor defense since def sandwiches are ridiculously meaty. 5 body sandwiches boosts maron's sdef by 500 so it becomes a decent tank with high hp and just too much damage.

i have a tesu with a lv100 maron with 10 element, no candies, that can break 1mil damage. why.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????