Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    they already went through the trauma of Chain Banish and Magatsu
    chain maron nerf and chain banish "nerf" are not the same thing though. banish/volg have never been explosions that multiplied with hitbox (except for less than 1.0) with the exception of JA/crit. placing them on WB never mattered because the damage was a reflection of what you put into them. chain banish/volg was bugged in the sense that it multiplied what went into the explosion by an additional 3-5x which imo was bad testing and not intentional. chain maron is not bugged, it's imbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    but people should realise that a game needs nerfs sometimes, and that is going to mean some of your investments will get nuked.
    Needs nerfs? What is needed is foresight, on the devs part. They should have been able to see how things would play out if they release something like Marron to the playerbase, especially taking into consideration things that were an "issue" before like Weak Bullet, Chain Trigger (in this case) and any other legit combination of classes/skills from which "issues" could arise.

You don't just throw something new out into the game without thinking it through unless you're Sega apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by doomdragon83 View Post
    Needs nerfs? What is needed is foresight, on the devs part. They should have been able to see how things would play out if they release something like Marron to the playerbase, especially taking into consideration things that were an "issue" before like Weak Bullet, Chain Trigger (in this case) and any other legit combination of classes/skills from which "issues" could arise.

You don't just throw something new out into the game without thinking it through unless you're Sega apparently.
    Have you played MapleStory?
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Have you played MapleStory?
    No. What about it?

No. What about it?
    MapleStory is notorious for adding new classes without actually balancing them first. Whenever a new class arrives, it's typically able to solo raid bosses that previously existing content has problems doing, then Nexon decides to apply the balance patches a month or two later.

I guess the point is that SEGA's not the only company that adds new things without thorough playtesting.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

The entire concept of Bouncer is still living proof of this.

I played maple before, but I felt the new classes being OP was actually on purpose. Otherwise, most people wouldnt bother to play them over their already geared chars s:

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    MapleStory is notorious for adding new classes without actually balancing them first. Whenever a new class arrives, it's typically able to solo raid bosses that previously existing content has problems doing, then Nexon decides to apply the balance patches a month or two later.

I guess the point is that SEGA's not the only company that adds new things without thorough playtesting.
    Whenever I hear of Nexon, it's always in a negative light.
    My point is that there would have been less of need to balance things if Sega took the time to think: "how would adding X affect our game?". They already had to deal with Chain Banish before and now another "problem" pops up in regards to CT, something that should have been nipped in the bud since Marron's conception. To think that some people should expect to have their builds ruined because some oaf at Sega couldn't be bothered to think ahead is awful. Players who come up with these builds do so from stuff already available to them.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    chain maron nerf and chain banish "nerf" are not the same thing though. banish/volg have never been explosions that multiplied with hitbox (except for less than 1.0) with the exception of JA/crit. placing them on WB never mattered because the damage was a reflection of what you put into them. chain banish/volg was bugged in the sense that it multiplied what went into the explosion by an additional 3-5x which imo was bad testing and not intentional. chain maron is not bugged, it's imbalanced.

oh yeah i know.

i was making the comparison because the bug existed for a long time iirc and sega didnt do anything about it until new content was added and put chain banish in the spot light.

Well heres a few examples from well known games where they HAD to patch shit up

WoW example (of many):
    Spoiler!

The worst offender of all is of course Absolute Virtue in FFXI, long wall o´ text ahead warning, but worth the entertainment:
    Spoiler!

You can never have enough foresight to predict how between thousands of people someone finds a way to fuck the meta or experiments with a build your beta testers never did because everyone´s playstyle is different even if your job is to test a game with few months to do so (if any) hence why open betas are popular; things like these are specially egregius in games like LoL and Dota where new items intended for a purpose end up ridiculously overpowering something else and get either reworked or removed.

Anyone remembers that bug in PSO2 that allowed people to move npcs around the lobby and got banned for reporting it?

I still find it ridiculous that a damage utility of a class works better on other classes than on the intended one.
    Last edited by Ziel; Apr 3, 2017 at 01:49 PM.
    =Ziel= Ship 02
    Ninel 90/90 Ra/Hu Gund...Cast!