Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

Thinking on it more, even though killing Deus somehow prevents the moon from crashing into Earth, Deus still probably succeeded in killing a lot of Earthlings anyway thanks to the tidal effects that are most likely to have occured from the moon being destroyed. Meaning, every time we start another Deus EQ, Deus is actually succeeding in destroying all life on Earth albeit very slowly... Oh, wow. I think I'm in love with this EQ (just not enough to bump it into no.1 of my Top 3 Raid boss. Loser is love)

Quote Originally Posted by KatherineAlexandra View Post
    Photons.
    No, no, no. This is still EP4. Its all about dat Aether now.

Speaking of tidal effects. So far, it seems like there are still people who haven't realized that there are actually safe zones to flock to whenever Deus sprouts those unblockable stumps across the field like a wave. Though to be fair, the safe zones are hard to spot.
    Last edited by loafhero; Apr 20, 2017 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Thinking on it more, even though killing Deus somehow prevents the moon from crashing into Earth.
    Isn't the moon made of aether anyway. The moon chunks probably disappear once you kill deus.

It's funny how Esca Falz EQ occurred 2 hours after as if nothing ever happened to the moon. I'm guessing Esca Falz fixes the moon.

We need a free for all brawl between Yamato, Mother, and Deus. Tanks vs Darkers vs Angels.

After ep4, someone deserve to get fired

Just did it for first time and passed with 20 seconds left (with a bad party). I think the boss has potential but there's a few things that bugged me. The almost constant cutscenes are really jarring and break the flow of the quest. You get blinded halfway up the tree, which is nice.

The Zephyros (not Sephiroth, honest) fight was pretty well presented but he does have some incredibly cheap attacks- the wave of thorns can be pretty difficult to see where the safezones are, and the 1HP + stun attack is just annoying more than anything. In regards to the DPS check at the end, I wouldn't mind it if Zephyros' core was more accessible during it. He likes to do attacks where his main body is nowhere near the player, which just wastes time, and a lot of the time it is accessible he's moving so you're limited as to what PAs you can reliably hit him with.

Not sure how I feel about it overall, it has the potential to be a great raid boss but there's a few things that need addressing before that becomes the case.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    To pass the DPS check, the MPA has to hit ~30 million total in 5 minutes. Which isn't bad at all if everyone is properly equipped.

On my end, I've already failed nearly every instance of Esca except that one-odd party where the top 5 contributed nearly 70% of the total damage done with 40 seconds left. But, this is in the Extra Hard blocks, so it's to be expected. Fun times~!

My guess is if enough people complain about it, SEGA will probably lower the DPS requirement; it's really the only thing holding people back from finishing the quest.
    Last edited by millefeuille; Apr 20, 2017 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millefeuille View Post
    To pass the DPS check, the MPA has to hit ~30 million total in 5 minutes. Which isn't bad at all if everyone is properly equipped.

On my end, I've already failed nearly every instance of Esca except that one-odd party where the top 5 contributed nearly 70% of the total damage done with 40 seconds left. But, this is in the Extra Hard blocks, so it's to be expected. Fun times~!

My guess is if enough people complain about it, SEGA will probably lower the DPS requirement; it's really the only thing holding people back from finishing the quest.
    I think they should just reduce the amount of RNG required. As it stands, you can only smack it as long as he decides to use one of his attacks that exposes his chest, which only comprises like, half his moves. Most competent MPAs can hit the DPS check as is, but it's the fact that the AI can screw you out of finishing that sucks.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    I think they should just reduce the amount of RNG required. As it stands, you can only smack it as long as he decides to use one of his attacks that exposes his chest, which only comprises like, half his moves. Most competent MPAs can hit the DPS check as is, but it's the fact that the AI can screw you out of finishing that sucks.
    Deus only has 3 attack patterns during the dps phrase and 2 of the 3 expose its core for more than 5 seconds.

As long as people are properly built/geared and know where the core will land there shouldn't be much issue. Even mother's down time is more RNG than this.

If the MPA has a Te main, the required DPS to beat the phase goes down by a lot. My TeSu managed to pull 10mil damage out of its ass with astra wand zanverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    More lightning fist smashes please.

Or shorten the interval between attacks.

Either would be very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    I wish there were more of them, but even a Techer won't guarantee a clear. Not when some players (on the XH blocks) I've seen don't have Astrals or even 13* weapons. So I'm not sure if they missed the CF period or just showed up late, or if they are just super lazy and expect the top 1-5 to carry them (like every Mining Base VR ever).

If the majority of the MPA can barely hit 1 million, no amount of support will help.
    Last edited by millefeuille; Apr 20, 2017 at 08:07 PM.

top 1-5 to carry them (like every Mining Base VR ever).
    Top 1-5 have nothing to do with carry, it has everything to do with (missive blob of) score sluts that contribute little to protecting towers or doing something actually useful.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    If the MPA has a Te main, the required DPS to beat the phase goes down by a lot. My TeSu managed to pull 10mil damage out of its ass with astra wand zanverse.
    Out of 11 asses you mean.