Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Unit Affixing (Attack VS PP)

I am currently using units with +23 PP on each parts (only from affix, not counting any bonuses) so all in all, I enjoy a good 250ish PP but my attack suffers a lot.

With my plan on upgrading to 12* units, would I still stick to PP build or lean over the attack ones? I am using all classes so if it an attack one, it has to be all attack type (Modulator/Apprentice) for future proofing. There is also that All Resist/HP one, I don't know if I should take into consideration.

PP Type: (current one I am using)

Anga Soul
    Stigma
    Spirita Alpha
    Spirita III
    Spirita Boost
    Necky Smile

All Attack:

Apprentice Soul
    Modulator
    Ability III
    Doom Break
    Mutation II
    Fusion Attack (if I get lucky else Necky Smile)

Hybrid:

Anga Soul
    Modulator
    Ability III/Doom Break
    All Resist III
    Mutation II
    Elegant Stamina

Which one would last me for a long time? Thanks.

I see that you want only 1 set of units to play all classes on, presumably because of $$$ reasons and that fact that farming for 12* units sucks (RNG).

Well, to be blunt, I don't think you should do it. Why? Because that "Universal" Unit Set is going to be half-assed at everything which really can't be helped. Some classes require having a lot pp to play smoothly because (1) PAs/Techniques costs a lot of pp to do (2) the class requires consecutive PA/Technique spams that consumes a lot of pp. Other classes, however, don't require as much pp which means they can stack other affixes on their gear like Attack instead.

For example, I find that for certain classes like RaHu, BrHu I want at least 200 pp to play smoothly (and although I don't touch FoTe, I would imagine they want at least 200 pp too. No comment on Su, however).

Other classes, like HuFi, FiHu, BoHu, GuHu I can make do with ~150-180pp, which means I can stack more Attack affixes on them.

And not only that, if you play FiHu, you may or may not want hp affixes instead of pp ones.

Rather, I think you should just bite the bullet and make different Unit Sets: 1 set for melee, 1 set for ranged, 1 set for techniques. Doing so is much better since your attack power and pp will be much more balanced. More importantly, it doesn't have to be super expensive, super high-slotted units either.

For melee, for example, you can just affix something like: Act the Soul/Power III/Love Fever/MutationII/Noble Power for +120 S-Atk and ~8 pp per Unit, and it's not THAT expensive either (Noble power is like ~10 million, but if that's too expensive, you can switch it out for something else).

For something like RaHu, if I want to be cheap and go for 5-slots, I'd affix something like: Till the Soul/Shoot III/SpiritaIII/Saint Fever/Noble Shoot for 105 R-Atk and 12 pp per Unit.

For FoTe, I would imagine either getting a crafted Saiki Set, or else getting an Austere Set for their Set Bonuses (or Austere Rear + Arm & a 12* Union Leg) since they don't really need rings, and go for something like (5-slot):Magi the Soul/Tech III/SpiritaIII/Latan Fever/Noble Technique for 105 T-Atk 12 pp per Unit.

Having said what I needed to say, if you nevertheless want to construct a "Universal Unit Set," then I recommend putting on it at least +60 S/R/T-Atk and then stack on it as much pp as possible.

Maybe you could do something like this:

Anga Soul/Vinculum/SpiritaIII/Ability III/Mutation/II/Spirita Boost for +70 S/R/T-Atk and +12 pp per Unit (not too expensive and a little stronger than what you have now).

or

Apprentice Soul/Modulator/Spirita III/Mutation II/Spirita Boost for +85 S/R/T-Atk and +9 pp.

Well, I don't know, but these are the few suggestions that come to mind.

Also, I want you to know that a 5-slot Modulator Unit on my ship costs ~7 million, and 6-Slot Modulator Unit on my ship costs ~30 million, so yeah, it's pretty expensive, meaning it may or may not be realistic for you to 6-Slot a Unit with Modulator. And if I were to ever 6-slot a Unit with Modulator, I would absolutely make sure that it turns out to be God-Tier with high attack power +pp.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Apr 16, 2017 at 04:40 PM.

Thank you for the detailed insight.

I did toy around the idea of having multiple set but being a casual gamer myself, it will be efficient for me just to use one (specially I will be using the Whittl Set which you can only get one)

I have around 100 million to spare which is something it takes me years to save up so I just want to affix a unit once.

I figured out that I can make up for the specific atk by using a timed ability which can add +50 to either of the three attack.

Each Wittl has a passive +20 pp so I might go for:

Apprentice/Modulator/Ability III/Mutation II/All Resist III/Elegant Stamina with Sega pushing all this EQ that requires less people and counted deaths, I think we should focus a bit on defensive affixing?

There's two reasons why I think three halfassed single ATK sets would beat out a good hybrid set.

First is the combo affixes like XXX the Soul. 35 ATK and 3 PP is much better value while being cheaper than Anga Soul and Apprentice Soul. Similarly, single ATK sets get access to Extreme Quest affixes like Flict Tiro for 20 ATK and 3 PP, which is almost a Vinculum and Spirita on a hybrid set.

Second is skill rings. Right now some classes have two must-have rings, like Tech Charge Parry and Peace Zondeel, or Front S. Roll and TMG Stance Bonus. or Slow Dive Roll and Non Weak Bonus. If you have only one set for 3 ATK types, that's already not enough if, for instance, you run Ranger and Gunner which both need 2 different rings each. If you have one set for all 9 classes to pass around, that's going to be a huge squeeze.

Lets say you do a 5-slot hybrid like:

Anga Soul
    Modulator
    Doom Break
    Mutation II
    Elegant Stamina

That's 80 ATK, 10 PP, 55 HP using the expensive Elegant Booster, and rare Doom Break.

If you run

XXX the Soul or UQ Soul
    Atk III
    Noble Stamina

That's 85 Atk, 10 PP, 80 HP - more ATK and HP while using much cheaper affixes. If you math it out it might work out to a third of the cost while technically giving you up to 3 times the ring slots.

100 million is enough for multiple unit sets but you might end up spending a good amount of it to cover all three attack types. Going with one set of units should be fine though. I wouldn't choose full Whittl (1 for PP could work), especially if you're concerned about survivability. Using Izane and affixing for PP would work better but of course there is the issue of Izane being so hard to get. The Shine series provide decent rears that are guaranteed. Red in particular would fit your needs with 80 free all attack.

Whatever you do end up with, I think it should be okay with at least 60 all attack per unit. How much PP or HP you aim for on affixes would depend on the set effect you end up with. Aim for 170 PP total at least.

What kind of casual player uses 6s units?

Just use multiple sets depending what atk you need them for. You'll save effort AND money, while getting better units in the end. And please, whatever you do, don't affix for defense. A bit of HP is fine but units provide enough HP/defenses already, especially 12* units. Deliberately affixing for resist or buying elegant stamina is a waste of money.

Thanks for the reply.

The skill ring argument got me thinking but then again, 12* units is so hard to come by, that I can't imagine myself having 9 of them to put skill rings into.

I do have Izane, at least arms and leg, is 12* units craftable?

Any list of good 12*?

Quote Originally Posted by AirinMikune View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

The skill ring argument got me thinking but then again, 12* units is so hard to come by, that I can't imagine myself having 9 of them to put skill rings into.

I do have Izane, at least arms and leg, is 12* units craftable?

Any list of good 12*?
    12* Units can't be crafted, but you wouldn't really want to anyway; they have some of the best hidden stats among Units.

"Good" 12* Units is a bit tricky to define, since you can mix and match units to suit your needs due to almost no Set Bonuses, and each Unit Series has its own specific niche. The best all-around 12s right now are Union, after that it's Astra. After that, it gets a bit muddy.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Yeah, it appears that most 12* forgo the set things, I was wondering if I were to make 3 different units, is there any specific 12* units that focuses on a certain stats? Like if a unit has more SATK bonus then I would use that as the SATK affix base.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AirinMikune View Post
    Yeah, it appears that most 12* forgo the set things, I was wondering if I were to make 3 different units, is there any specific 12* units that focuses on a certain stats? Like if a unit has more SATK bonus then I would use that as the SATK affix base.
    Rina's Arm unit focus on R-Atk / PP (40R-Atk / 15PP)
    Deadrion's Arm unit focus on S-Atk / HP (40S-Atk / 150HP)
    Guryuzoras's Rear unit focus on T-Atk / PP (40T-Atk / 15PP)

Or
    Itsuki's Arm unit for R/S-Atk / HP (25R-Atk / 25S-Atk / 150 HP) if you want more HP than PP for R-Atk one (or if you don't have Deadrion's Arm yet for S-Atk)
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt