Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nyansan View Post
    Joined/started on jp server when Magatsu was new
    Did the AoT collab also come out around the same time? That was around the anime's airing season, right?

Would explain part of the hype that it got.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Still wondering why you guys like Magatsu lol, unless you guys are just trolling.
    Technical issues aside, it is still an awesome boss presentation-wise. The soundtrack invokes a sense intensity and excitement while keeping in line with its historical Japan gimmick. I personally like the soundtrack more than Mining Base IV's soundtrack.

Despite its size, its not a boss that you can kill by poking its foot over and over again. Its a dismantling process and seeing the boss actually wounded from having its body pieces destroyed is satisfying.

Its also the first boss to implement e-trials during the fight.

The sense of urgency helps too. I feel like I actually saved the day whenever I beat the thing since the entire gimmick is that we are trying to stop it from levelling a city its already in the process of destroying. Sure, that urgency is gone now with current Magatsu rebalance and new gear but that urgency was fun while it lasted.

There's also something oddly satisfying about opening up its faces and the squishy-sound it makes from hitting the exposed red parts.
    Last edited by loafhero; Apr 20, 2017 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blkbox11 View Post
    Did the AoT collab also come out around the same time? That was around the anime's airing season, right?

Would explain part of the hype that it got.
    Actually never watched the anime despite reading the manga
    And going from bumped, AoT collab was March. Magatsu was half a year later. Anime was 2013 in Japan (wouldn't touch the dubbed version)
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyansan View Post
    Actually never watched the anime despite reading the manga
    And going from bumped, AoT collab was March. Magatsu was half a year later. Anime was 2013 in Japan (wouldn't touch the dubbed version)
    Hmm, if it wasn't Magatsu, it must have been Harukotan's debut that was closer to one of those things. I remember the collab's timing being perfect because of us getting to fight giant enemies around the same time.

Admittedly, I didn't get into the manga or the show, because it was similar to some stuff I had read before (only with aliens instead of giants). Manga or anime, there's no denying its popularity, and I figured that's part of why Magatsu is at the top of some people's lists.

1. Apples and doriotos
    2. Maggy
    3. Eruda

Last place
    Yamaboat.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Quote Originally Posted by blkbox11 View Post
    Hmm, if it wasn't Magatsu, it must have been Harukotan's debut that was closer to one of those things. I remember the collab's timing being perfect because of us getting to fight giant enemies around the same time.

Admittedly, I didn't get into the manga or the show, because it was similar to some stuff I had read before (only with aliens instead of giants). Manga or anime, there's no denying its popularity, and I figured that's part of why Magatsu is at the top of some people's lists.
    It came out on March 26, 2014 with TD2, ie. the one with walls. Ep3 didn't come out until August of 2014, then Magatsu was in December.

Anyway, I would say my list is like this:
    1. ESC-A Deus
      • I like how cinematic it is, and to me it feels like an actual raid since it doesn't have down time and you can fail if you don't kill it in time.

2. [PD]
      • Even with the [Double] portion, it felt like a really suitable "Final Boss;" having [PD] take different forms like a traditional boss and getting that [Persona] 1v1 fight just hit the right chords with me.

3. Yamato
      • The fact that it has the rush for the first phase is what really does it for me; the actual fight with Yamato can be a little underwhelming, but it is a great concept, plus I love "Borderless" as the BGM.

4. Mother/Elder/Loser
      • I like the actual boss fight on these, but the initial phase on them kinda pushes them down.

5. Apprentice
      • It's pretty good as a whole with having waves before the main boss, but I really hate having to defend the towers; if it weren't for that, it would probably be #2 for me.

6. Magatsu
      • Honestly, I just find Magatsu boring.

Last edited by Anduril; Apr 20, 2017 at 12:30 PM.

I give PD (all phases) an honorable mention. Only reason I don't put it in my Top 3 is because of its cocoon form being rather lame. On the other hand, PD didn't have any awkward transition to a cutscene like Deus Esca. All of its phase changes still keep you in the game and don't mute the background music just to show off its new form.

This is just my personal preference, though. I just dislike it when a game transitions me to a cutscene in a rather abrupt manner. Just imagine if the Persona fight during the PD raid forced you into a cutscene first. I feel like there are certain cutscenes that could've been cut out from the Deus Esca battle. For example, Deus Hunas (the first form) defeat and retreat cutscene is rather unnecessary.

The cinematography is nice, but the timing of it's implementation along with abruptly cutting off music is horrible

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    I give PD (all phases) an honorable mention. Only reason I don't put it in my Top 3 is because of its cocoon form being rather lame.
    I'm pretty sure that's it's unbloomed flower form or..... SEED form

jk failed
    Last edited by Meteor Weapon; Apr 20, 2017 at 10:57 PM.

Eldah
    Loozah
    Japanese ship thingie

Easy EXP, of course.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Profound Darkness
    Loser ( the first boss that is real challenging )
    Magatsu ( Fucking Hard on very first week )
    Yamato (AIS phase only)
    Deus Esca ( the fight is cool overall but the music is practically belong to not very memorable group among final boss battle)
    Elder ( too easy )
    Mother (her fight is a too repetitive with those hand phase and too bright)
    Elder ( too easy )
    Double ( hate that damn car and the rotating wall )
    Apprentice ( not counting TD4 as a whole only her phase ) feel like we didn't actually fight her

Profound Darkness is the only EQ that I need to use my entire mate on the 1st fight
    combine with its true form and Persona phase that reflect the player progress into the story
    also the ending scene on Naberius with Rose confession running in the background is the best ever ending any game could hope for
    Last edited by mickbis; Apr 21, 2017 at 03:37 AM.