Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Braver/Force

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Why do you keep using that word? Do you even know what a meme is? Because meme=/= joke. >_>
    What you are seeing is an overgeneralization of the term due to its association with "funny" images and videos in internet culture; you know, similar to the whole Coke can mean any cola in some places thing.
    Last edited by Anduril; Apr 21, 2017 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    isnt that what all these bad class combos are? "a joke"
    That's my point. While the term Meme has come to refer to a lot of joke stuff, it's still a very specific thing even in that case. The key point about memes is that there's an extrapolation, mutation, and permutation element to them. There's also an element of cultural proliferation that goes along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    What you are seeing is an overgeneralization of the term due to its association with "funny" images and videos in internet culture; you know, similar to the whole Coke can mean any cola, or how in the US everyone calls lifts by the brand-name Elevator.
    I've never seen anyone use the word meme like Kril does.

I've never seen anyone use the word meme like Kril does.
    Oh, it's getting there. I'm starting to hear it in person being used just to mean joke in the high schools and middle schools that I work at.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Oh, it's getting there. I'm starting to hear it in person being used just to mean joke in the high schools and middle schools that I work at.

That's my point. While the term Meme has come to refer to a lot of joke stuff, it's still a very specific thing even in that case. The key point about memes is that there's an extrapolation, mutation, and permutation element to them. There's also an element of cultural proliferation that goes along with it.
    is that not what what you guys do? i mean your describing all these bad combo's perfectly well though

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    is that not what what you guys do? i mean your describing all these bad combo's perfectly well though
    You might be overgeneralizing a subset of players by attributing the traits of an even more specific subset of players to it there.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]