Default PSO.exe launches but then does nothing. Installation Help

I installed the game via https://arks-layer.com/signup.php guide.

Should I use Telepipe Proxy?

I then update the English Translation Patch via Old Method? Is new working?

Is the game also properly updating through Tweaker?

I get it to where PSO.exe launches but then the application stops working and I'll have to restart tweaker again, any advice mates? Thanks!
    Last edited by Arizal; Apr 22, 2017 at 12:07 PM. Reason: added installation help to title to be more clear

For the major problem, make sure that the both the game and Tweaker installation folders are set to your anti-virus'/firewall's/Windows Defender's whitelist/exclusions.

If you can't connect to pso2.jp without a proxy, then yes, you will likely need the Telepipe proxy or a VPN; if you can connect to pso2.jp with no issue, then you won't need any proxy or VPN at all.

Use the new English Patch as it encompasses the normal, large, and story patches, doesn't modify any files directly (thus it causes less, if any, issues with Gameguard), and is being updated regularly.

For some people it is hit or miss as to whether or not it redownloads a large amount of files when updating, but for others it is a non-issue. If it does happen and you need a proxy/VPN to connect, that's just your lot in life; if it happens but you don't need a proxy/VPN then you can just use the official launcher to update the game, then in the Tweaker go to "Tweaker Settings" and hit "PSO2 version" to disable the update prompt.
    Last edited by Anduril; Apr 22, 2017 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    For the major problem, make sure that the both the game and Tweaker installation folders are set to your anti-virus'/firewall's/Windows Defender's whitelist/exclusions.

If you can't connect to pso2.jp without a proxy, then yes, you will likely need the Telepipe proxy or a VPN; if you can connect to pso2.jp with no issue, then you won't need any proxy or VPN at all.

Use the new English Patch as it encompasses the normal, large, and story patches, doesn't modify any files directly (thus it causes less, if any, issues with Gameguard), and is being updated regularly.

For some people it is hit or miss as to whether or not it redownloads a large amount of files when updating, but for others it is a non-issue. If it does happen and you need a proxy/VPN to connect, that's just your lot in life; if it happens but you don't need a proxy/VPN then you can just use the official launcher to update the game, then in the Tweaker go to "Tweaker Settings" and hit "PSO2 version" to disable the update prompt.
    I think tweaker corrupted the official launcher, i keep getting errors from it.

I might just have to take the hit and re-download from tweaker..

Is there an updated file download or another place I can download the game at or new patches and manually install them? The official site is giving me a hard time logging in.

I can't update from game I installed. Thanks.