Layan-born Newman KusaTheFonewearl's Avatar

Default Ship populations?

Does anybody have a fairly recent list or report of some kind regarding ship populations?
    I don't care if there is an english pop on the ship or not...

I ask because I'm having a terrible time finding parties for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by KusaTheFonewearl View Post
    Does anybody have a fairly recent list or report of some kind regarding ship populations?
    I don't care if there is an english pop on the ship or not...

I ask because I'm having a terrible time finding parties for anything.
    Ship 4 has the most players in general but I don't know about the other ships. What ship are you on? Also, what level are you and do you go to the right blocks for EQs?

Wasn't there a site that listed ship populations in (almost) real-time? Or is that dead now?

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    Wasn't there a site that listed ship populations in (almost) real-time? Or is that dead now?
    SEGA changed some stuff that had allowed that site to get the numbers, and after that they just never bothered to try to get it up and running again since it had just been a fun experiment.

Layan-born Newman KusaTheFonewearl's Avatar

I ask because I want to change ships. Ship2 is beyond dead and the people there are horrendously lazy and unhelpful.
    i.e. nobody running anything, AFK'ing all the time, only playing EQs.... etc...

But is ship4 really the most heavily populated? Can anybody confirm this? I would myself but I kinda ran out of characters to create... =_=;
    was gonna check all the ships at peak time and only got to check two ships.

I defected to ship4 a year or so ago. During JP prime time it is very active (20-40 prem full on weekend eq), most players have affixed upto date gear, lots of trigger parties in expert block 22/23 (they dont use 20 and 21 for some reason) EQ's are smooth and fast most of the time, there's ultimate and rider quests going on if you want those at weekends. Market is generally cheaper and stuff sells far faster. Can get any crafts quickly from randoms. The bad of it is there are very few english speaking players and those that are generally blend in and dont make any effort to identifiy as such, that said all the jp guys iv partied with have been cool and as long as you make an effort to communicate in jp then youll have zero issues. Also outside of jp prime time and sheduled eq slots even quieter then ship2 gets. For me as a UK player thats no issue as im asleep during this but its bad for american timezones as a couple of guys on the team will attest, they are still failing deus esca in the middle of the night(uk time) scheduled eq's when in prime time its all done with 2-3 mins spare.

I ask because I want to change ships. Ship2 is beyond dead
    Ship 2 is active enough that it gets to all expert blocks full during jp peak for deus, and is one of the only ships to actually be in busy status in recent weeks.

I ask because I want to change ships. Ship2 is beyond dead
    Hmm thats interesting. What do you think screen cap during a 9 pm JST Mother EQ a few days ago?

i.e. nobody running anything, AFK'ing all the time, only playing EQs.... etc...
    And that is going to somehow be different on another ship because? I imagine the only thing that will change will be you seeing people even from Japan doing the exact same thing. Get to the lowest block they can and wait for scheduled EQs and if they have time wait for people announcing they have activated a trigger.
    Last edited by IchijinKali; Apr 25, 2017 at 02:43 PM.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

I actually just started on Ship 2 (again) and I've been busy playing catch-up unlocking everything, doing COs, leveling my main class, etc. Haven't even unlocked Tokyo or whatever to unlock the subclass ability yet. Dunno about people not being helpful or not, since I usually just toss some NPCs in my party for gifts and boosting my support partner's affection rating (who is definitely not named Chibi-[character name] and looks identical to my character outside of having a "cute" face preset.)
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

While Ship 2 doesn't get as many population as Ship 4, it's the fact that it has a mix of both westerners and Japanese that ensures you there will be people around the whole day due to both population in different timezone.

And as for having a difficulty in finding a party, PSO2 is always been like that, people only flock on the new shiny stuffs then when Sega released a new one, the old ones turns into ghost towns. I have yet to find someone who is doing Challenge Mode now.