Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    Wait, the JP players are complaining about the nerf?
    I really, REALLY hate this Japanese gaming mentality of "bring on the pain!". Japanese players seem to relish punishingly low odds in rng, cheap as hell bosses and intense grinds.
    So they can feel so very special after spending endless hours when any sane person wouldn't want to spend half the time.

I am all for challenge, but there is a HUGE difference between actual fun challenge and simply cheap BS.
    CQ 1 is an actual challenge and it's a ton of fun. Deus with the bs attack pattern, spamming attacks so fast using a skill like Warcry or MH or even just a mate will almost always get you hit and only being attackable so short you blink and you miss it, especially with the short time limit is pure cheap BS and not even remotely fun, it breaks far too many of the mechanics.
    Super Casual to the rescue! (im not carrying bad players for a challenge just so you guys can continue to be bad)

The only remotely good thing out of this nerf is that i get to do 3 runs of Deus now but the nerf wasnt necessary at all. Everything readable, predictable, this EQ in fact had the right difficulty to it. hell even AFTER the nerf, people are still dropping to Deus's super obvious center platform explosion.

I look forward to casuals complaining about the 4 man quest version, wasting half dolls, 5 deaths = instant fail, too strict!!!

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Did Hard Mode yesterday. Felt like a boss because I always tried my best to make sure the weak points were hit with Weak Shot when possible. Don't think I got anything amazing out of it other than maybe one of those rare 7* 1-stat requirement bows (which is awesome because I wanted a Braver for a character but didn't have one of those.)
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    That image! He understands the struggle!

Though, he does have a point. Leechers (or players that refuse to improve) are kind of a problem, but is it that big of a problem? Not sure, but the nerf will pretty much kill any motivation to get better gear now, unless they're still failing it. So that I agree with totally.

Was the nerf really necessary?
    Probably. You needed a full party of tryhards to even attempt carrying an undergeared MPA hitting at barely 5-7K DPS. Note that the minimum needed to be considered carrying your weight pre-nerf is around 8-9K DPS. The post-nerf minimum is ~6K DPS.

Did it really need to happen a week after release?
    Probably not. Another week or two of data would have given them a better picture of what was happening before making any decisions.

Really, if they just credited the failed Deus EQ's with progression towards the CF (with a bonus for actually succeeding at the EQ), it would have made all the failures much more tolerable and a nerf wouldn't be needed.
    Last edited by millefeuille; Apr 28, 2017 at 10:23 AM.

I died usually 10 times the first time, but after that I only die 4 at most to being stupid and not paying attention, but the first time I did it we only had 25 seconds left after that we win with 2 minutes always in Expert. He really isn't that hard, I even started handicapping myself with Techer to level it instead of Force main to do more damage. He didn't need nerfing.
    The Original Veteran of PSO 1. Player IDs: Yumiko2004
    Igns (Yumiko2004): See PSO 2 character list on my profile. I don't have time to update this every level up. I'm a RPer on Ship 2. I started a new group from the ashes of old ones, but I'm not ready to make it public.

Quote Originally Posted by millefeuille View Post
    Really, if they just credited the failed Deus EQ's with progression towards the CF (with a bonus for actually succeeding at the EQ), it would have made all the failures much more tolerable and a nerf wouldn't be needed.
    Players would then fail the EQ on purpose so they could get a second run (or more) and get extra CF progress. That's not a good solution.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Boy if there are people complaining that Deus attacks too fast I'd hate to see how well they do when fighting a tortoise.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Apr 28, 2017 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    Players would then fail the EQ on purpose so they could get a second run (or more) and get extra CF progress. That's not a good solution.
    The failure would count as a run since it also presumes getting a boss crystal at the end.

But even if it didn't count, I wouldn't mind getting only a third or a fourth of CF progression compared to a completed run or even remove fuses from the failed Deus loot table. Just something to make the taste of constant failure less bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by millefeuille View Post
    The failure would count as a run since it also presumes getting a boss crystal at the end.

But even if it didn't count, I wouldn't mind getting only a third or a fourth of CF progression compared to a completed run or even remove fuses from the failed Deus loot table. Just something to make the taste of constant failure less bitter.
    The best and only way to remove the bitter taste of failure is grind your teeth and do your best to achieve victory. It feels all the more sweeter this way after all xD

Personally for me I never felt satisfaction beating Deus... The ONLY thing keeping people from beating it was Gear. Aside from that the boss is a completely one dimensional damage sponge with no specific mechanics for players to adapt to all the while having attacks with absurdly long animations that are practically designed to waste time in a fight with a DPS Check, specially since those attacks arent threatening in any other way unless the boss decides to do attacks that dont leave it open back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    I am all for challenge, but there is a HUGE difference between actual fun challenge and simply cheap BS.
    CQ 1 is an actual challenge and it's a ton of fun. Deus with the bs attack pattern, spamming attacks so fast using a skill like Warcry or MH or even just a mate will almost always get you hit and only being attackable so short you blink and you miss it, especially with the short time limit is pure cheap BS and not even remotely fun, it breaks far too many of the mechanics.
    Deus Esca Zephyros is quite possibly the slowest EQ boss in the game. Even if you don't invest skill tree points in Automate, there are plenty of easy opportunities to drink Monomate or Dimates or using War Cry or Massive Hunter during the Zephyros battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    hell even AFTER the nerf, people are still dropping to Deus's super obvious center platform explosion.
    Only complaint I have about this one ability of Deus is that its possible for a player to be delayed from being launched back onto the platform if a Photon Art animation hasn't been completed yet, increasing the risk of them being killed by the platform splitting attack.
    Last edited by loafhero; Apr 29, 2017 at 04:10 AM.