Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus nerf

I don't have an opinion one way or the other about the nerf.......as much as why it was done.

I don't think Sega is quick to do stuff like this and this something became an issue they noticed.

Recall someone earlier mentioning of maybe Expert Blocks seem to be able to do it while non Expert can't so maybe to compensate?

who knows.....
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    I really doubt the 4 man version is going to be harder. Unless for the sole fact that there is only 4 people and more chance of you having something's aggro. Deus Esca will obviously be HP nerfed to compensate for only having 4 players though.
    Well the videos from before release showed it doing 4 digits with a few attacks, so it should be safe to assume that people will die more often there. And apparently you fail if the death counter reaches 5, so I am sure quite a lot of parties will struggle with that

At some point there has to be an incentive to get better at the game. If mama collection files were still active maybe just maybe people can use those weapons against Mr. Dragon heads.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Meteor View Post
    There is actually one, though it's up to you to think it's one or not xD, the zeinesis 3rd Potent or Qliphod potent, with a 150 atk affix the x2 affix boost + 14% dmg makes you pretty much at same power than 14*, so i would say, if you want a granted way to have 14* power then you have one, if you don't want that power, well maybe just for the look, but it's a matter of taste, otherwise, well idk xD
    No i mean, why? i could just bring a vita weapon and get rewarded for participating at this point, and if i'm lucky I would be the one looting the 14* weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    I personally think that being able to relatively easily fail a time-slotted boss is a horrible design decision, and to nerf Deus only makes sense. If they want to implement difficult content, it should not be emergency quests, but content that you can always play. The kind of difficulty that emergency quests should have is the potential to go further (i.e. do more runs), or a rating system (similar to TD), but not straight up failure.

Deus might not have been hard for me or you guys, but for many people PSO2 is just a casual grinding game, and failing and then being locked out of the quest since it's ended is not exactly what I'd call fun.
    Except that you didn't get locked out if you failed previous Deus? As far as I know you got to try again as long as the EQ is active. Not to mention that if it really was THAT easy to fail (it wasn't) they could have done a ton of other things that don't include dropping its HP by like 20 million.

cater the people that don't even use their money to better their gear nor ask around how to get better. GJ sega

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    If you people complaining for a challenge want the challenge then go play in normal XH blocks instead of expert. lol Help out newer players instead of complaining about stuff that wont matter in a month. =P
    bonus points: wait until 1 minute after the eq starts before launching the quest

anyway, from a design standpoint quests with a failure condition that are also only available for a short window of time is a big mistake. "thrill ride" EQs are the best implementation for the EQ design, but yeah as you can see here not everybody is too "thrilled" at the idea. there is a lot they could do for challenging 12-player content but I would go as far as to say they would need to ditch the eq system in order to do that in a meaningful way

While I agree some of the mechanics of the fight needed adjusting (he doesn't give much access to his core in the important 5 minutes), I really don't think he needed a HP/ATK nerf and it just sounds like a lazy way of 'fixing' the problem.

Mind, this is nothing new. Seems like whenever there's any content that's challenging, it gets nerfed.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Honestly I can see why they are trying to nerf his HP (although there are more elegant solutions, like increasing the DPS check window), but really can't comprehend the Atk nerfs. His attacks are so well telegraphed and so easy to read so people who don't understand (or try to understand) that probably deserve their death anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    Honestly I can see why they are trying to nerf his HP (although there are more elegant solutions, like increasing the DPS check window), but really can't comprehend the Atk nerfs. His attacks are so well telegraphed and so easy to read so people who don't understand (or try to understand) that probably deserve their death anyway.
    More people die from his first form in the first few seconds of the EQ than in the rest of the run. Deus Hunar is the strongest boss in that EQ simply because of stun combo. Strangely absent from his 2nd form.

If we look at the other 2 raid bosses for Earth, their first day runs were much worse.

Yamato - Incoming lasers from Yamato, of course we all have to rush head first into them and get incinerated. Emetabu's giant energy ball before the gun destruction part was largely ignored as it nuked everyone, because clearly the Type15s are the threat and not the emergency trial presented before you. Yamato A.I.S. fight always resulted in everyone trying to destroy every single anti-air gun using their laser on them and getting nuked at the end.

Mother - Ride roid was even worse, as most people didn't figure out the spinning attack until near the end with everyone going, "ohh, so that's what you do". Killing the arms which weren't connected to her HP, and the short down time to actually hurt her. And of course the instant kill phantom Double walls. The cubes was death was guaranteed to happen in these first runs.

Deus Esca - Run in and kill everything. Kill kill kill. It's hard to mess this up, and only the DPS check at the end made them fail.

Less trash mobs than Yamato, less gimmicks than Mother.