Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus nerf

I honestly don't understand why they're trying to stick to a single progression track anymore.

You can't design an encounter for casual players and hardcore players without upsetting at least one group. If they're going to stick with the idea of separating people via Expert Blocks, give players in those blocks something to do. Even something as simple as "same fight but more HP" would suffice. Dangle 10% increased file progression rate in front of people, or something similarly trivial, and it would be enough.
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneSama View Post
    I honestly don't understand why they're trying to stick to a single progression track anymore.

You can't design an encounter for casual players and hardcore players without upsetting at least one group. If they're going to stick with the idea of separating people via Expert Blocks, give players in those blocks something to do. Even something as simple as "same fight but more HP" would suffice. Dangle 10% increased file progression rate in front of people, or something similarly trivial, and it would be enough.
    Maybe there is anything to do with their revenue, like income from selling more powerful boost tickets, premium, ship transfer by urging causal players to catch up through all means? At least as a causal player, I start spending AC just to catch up progress in CF progression and rent storage for 13 star that I will never touch (I am maining Su/Gu) since last month as I am quite afraid to be out-dated and left behind.
    If as a causal player and I can grind the same weapons with an easier boss, but just slower, I will have less pressure and become really causal about the game and probably not spending AC that frequently...

Their original idea was to filter leechers, while still leaving casuals stay and be carried by tryhards. The problem is that you cant really separate casuals and leechers, because as far as doing content efficently goes, they are the same. Add reqs and casuals complains, while making things too easy will make leechers be in all MPAs .

To be honest, I feel middle ground players are probably the happiest now. I am not casual enough because I like to keep my gear on par and being able to be independent, at least outside EQs. But I am definitely not tryhard enough to be a carry, and I certainly enjoy being carried by other players when the opportunity arises. Knowing that bottom tier players are stuck in their own block makes me feel at ease cause I know I will get better chances of success with less effort. I am aware part of the stuck community have unlucky players who didnt have time to 35+ crap(while already rocking +40 austeres), but there are players to this date still cant beat stage 5 solo XQ despite all the cheese available, and I would be scared to know I have to EQ with those players :|

So how does changing the requirement to +35 13* NT and class COs completed stop you from being in a MPA with people that can't pass solo ExQ.

If you are on the expert block, you won't run into people who can't complete that quest. I mean the quest is a better high mark than the overly time consuming NT grind requirement.

Could of sworn they threw that requirement out and changed it to needing a +35 13* NT and "The Perfect...." CO clears to get into Expert Blocks? Because I couldn't get into them after the update weeks ago until I did that because screw my Austere.

Edit: I guess they didn't but it only requires 1 - 5 which is why most players have it anyway. The added requirement of needing a +35 13* NT or lv 120 pet is what keeps the last few players out.

Ship 9 for example during this very EQ right now was 1 full XH block vs 9 Expert blocks, and since 1-5 can be easily cheesed by Braver and a +35 13* NT only requiring a person to do CFs actively and not actually be good... well as the post below me says. It's a joke. I go to the XH blocks once in awhile because I have a few teammates that didn't give a shit about the +35 requirement and the runs down there are just as fast as Expert blocks... at least on Ship 9.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Apr 27, 2017 at 11:20 PM.

of course there's no way to "completely" separate casuals and leechers, but $EGA is not doing enough effort on the mechanism
    in expert block, bringing a weapon without unlocking lv3 potential, or not fully elemental affix to the instance is obviously a leecher...

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    If you are on the expert block, you won't run into people who can't complete that quest. I mean the quest is a better high mark than the overly time consuming NT grind requirement.
    the filter it's a joke, it's qualified by title, so any characters under the same account can pass the filter
    also, the solo XQ title doesn't ask people to clear without reviving

If the +1 grind cap items were made easier to obtain, then this wouldn't be as large of an issue. But it sucks that the +35 requirement is more or less leading to nerfed bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sol View Post
    If the +1 grind cap items were made easier to obtain, then this wouldn't be as large of an issue. But it sucks that the +35 requirement is more or less leading to nerfed bosses.
    +35 is never a real issue, only leechers quote it for excuse
    getting CF progressfor a +35 on Revo or Aura don't event need to go through XH EQ

+5 elemental affix is unbelievable cheap compare with the old Austere era, the AH price dropped a digit
    so what? leechers will rather spend their MST on cosmetics, equipment affixing is always their last priority

we had months to get +35 weapons.

the requirement is on no one but those who fail to meet it lmao