Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus nerf

I think the nerf is inevitable, but never really thought going to be this fast. well, for most people with 80 class level at hand might be good, but since the minimum requirements is 75/75 it definitely gonna get nerf.

about 80 requirement to get +35 or 120 pet, I believe they thought it as Heaven and Hell at first but since many people can do HnH even without those and many already did as well, they need new requirement, so there we got +35 requirement. not really that hard since we got revo or aura that can be completed without EQ (XH FQ MPA is all you need) and can be done till next year, added bonus to Hunter and Techer, can done without both with just wand and spear from grind enemy for Laia

Making a boss easier and giving 10% more CF progression for the regular version sounds good. Though only as long as it translates to actually needing 1 more run of the EQ because otherwise no one would do the regular version anymore and it would be another general nerf, which isn't going to happen.

It's not possible to force casuals to stop being casual. Recently I joined a random party for the 40% triboost (I do like this incentive to party up) and the leader was going to do Deus (before nerf) with a Kenei +7 on BoBr for the exp boost from Another History.
    Yeah, regardless of what gear and skills casuals are forced to bring to expert blocks, they still might very well throw them all out of the window and leech anyway.

That's why I think the only way to fix the problem is to somehow change the system that forces good players to carry casuals. Of course this won't happen any time soon because at the moment the only real reason to buy premium set is to squeeze into better blocks for EQs.
    Sega isn't gonna give this up without a reason to buy premium good enough to replace this and we don't even have use for weapon or unit passes at the moment.

pretty sure we're not the only ones complaining about Deus's nerf catering to low tier casuals

https://twitter.com/Gimiemon/status/857821465583812609

今回の弱体化の本質。こういう連中って、一度許してしまうと今後も遠慮なく増長してくるのだ。 それに、これほど短絡的な発想のユーザーが長く居着いてくれるかというとそうではなく、更に古参ユーザーの 失望も買いゲームの寿命を縮める事になるので、今回の対応は評価しません。

The essence of this time's weakening. With this kind of group, if you allow them even once, they'll get even worse relentlessly in the future. Furthermore, when it comes to users with ideas as simplistic as these settling down for a long time, it's not like that, it further provokes the disappointment of senior users and shortens the lifetime of the game, so I don't appreciate this time's response.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Image: /toge こんなの不平等だ!!修正してえ!僕たち実力もやる気も無いけど最高ランクのクエと最強の武器狙いに行けな いなんてヒドイ!!びええ

/toge (a thorn emoji, I guess) This is unfair! Fix it! We don't have any skills or motivation, but it's unfair that we can't go to the highest ranked quests or aim for the strongest weapons!! waah

translation done by a friend.

LOL! That's to be expected though, i think they should have put the rematch alongside the EQ and not 3 weeks later because it pretty much misleads ppl, the expert ones in that case, into thinking all future contents and all the versions of it from the implementation of those requirements is meant for expert players. The Deus for expert players will be on May 10th, though you could argue that being 75/75 and still having ungrinded 10* weapons can be surrealistic but that's the reality of normal XH blocks, the one we have atm is just for collecting 13*s ezpz . Can this be called an "early access of an EQ" rather than the EQ? ha! maybe, it's become much more common these days to give early access promoted as the final game from big companies

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    we had months to get +35 weapons.

the requirement is on no one but those who fail to meet it lmao
    Months splitted into 1 month (more or less) per CF with limited time EQs and expiry dates, also the false idea that SEGA fed all its playerbase of "+35 is not required! is only for maximum powah!" which caused some of us to dont give a shit to farm the weapon 2 or 3 more times past max element because +27 atk didnt make shit of a difference then or now compared to the element, go check the topic when NT weapons released and 80% of people there were "meh ill max element and be done with it", "3 more times for that? ill keep max element thx" and the like.
    Due to timezone and work hours i cant ever complete 6 cfs since i miss half the eqs of the day, but i guess its on me for not missing work so i could grind the cfs moar...
    =Ziel= Ship 02
    Ninel 90/90 Ra/Hu Gund...Cast!

Wait, the JP players are complaining about the nerf?
    I really, REALLY hate this Japanese gaming mentality of "bring on the pain!". Japanese players seem to relish punishingly low odds in rng, cheap as hell bosses and intense grinds.
    So they can feel so very special after spending endless hours when any sane person wouldn't want to spend half the time.

I am all for challenge, but there is a HUGE difference between actual fun challenge and simply cheap BS.
    CQ 1 is an actual challenge and it's a ton of fun. Deus with the bs attack pattern, spamming attacks so fast using a skill like Warcry or MH or even just a mate will almost always get you hit and only being attackable so short you blink and you miss it, especially with the short time limit is pure cheap BS and not even remotely fun, it breaks far too many of the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    Months splitted into 1 month (more or less) per CF with limited time EQs and expiry dates, also the false idea that SEGA fed all its playerbase of "+35 is not required! is only for maximum powah!" which caused some of us to dont give a shit to farm the weapon 2 or 3 more times past max element because +27 atk didnt make shit of a difference then or now compared to the element, go check the topic when NT weapons released and 80% of people there were "meh ill max element and be done with it", "3 more times for that? ill keep max element thx" and the like.
    Due to timezone and work hours i cant ever complete 6 cfs since i miss half the eqs of the day, but i guess its on me for not missing work so i could grind the cfs moar...
    that's only partly true though, they already changed gears about +35 cap with the introduction of SAF and weapons dropping with elevated caps, and even gave us Revo and Aura file with new pots for a whole year, exactly to compensate for that. Also let's not kid ourselves, OF COURSE they will give you an incentive to play the game more to get the shiniest weapon like every other game. just that JP schedule screw every other region, but that's a tangential problem really

Furthermore, while some files had ridiculously short expiration dates, Mother file was 4 months and Deus is now 6 which should be enough to +35 a few even if you only grab a few EQs here and there

However I do agree that while all of this is nice and dandy, they should have waited a little more for cap and +35 requirement (and being 80/80 for Gracia), since it's a shame they finally made +35 something accessible to literally everybody, without giving the time for whose who need to actually catch up. Not perfect but if you look at the whole thing, it's really not that bad
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Apr 28, 2017 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    Wait, the JP players are complaining about the nerf?
    I really, REALLY hate this Japanese gaming mentality of "bring on the pain!". Japanese players seem to relish punishingly low odds in rng, cheap as hell bosses and intense grinds.
    So they can feel so very special after spending endless hours when any sane person wouldn't want to spend half the time.

I am all for challenge, but there is a HUGE difference between actual fun challenge and simply cheap BS.
    CQ 1 is an actual challenge and it's a ton of fun. Deus with the bs attack pattern, spamming attacks so fast using a skill like Warcry or MH or even just a mate will almost always get you hit and only being attackable so short you blink and you miss it, especially with the short time limit is pure cheap BS and not even remotely fun, it breaks far too many of the mechanics.
    Japanese aren't really that much about Deus's nerf but more about how the nerf seems to caters more on people who refuse to get their goddamn gear upgrade and just leech then complain the game is too hard for them. What made the nerf so unnacceptable is because it's only been one week and he's already getting nerfed to the ground because people can't be bothered to upgrade their gears to 10+ and just complain.

They are worried that this may become a trend to future contents. I don't even know if you even read what I posted up there. Heck it even came up with a translation along that drawing image.
    Last edited by Meteor Weapon; Apr 28, 2017 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    Deus with the bs attack pattern, spamming attacks so fast using a skill like Warcry or MH or even just a mate will almost always get you hit and only being attackable so short you blink and you miss it, especially with the short time limit is pure cheap BS and not even remotely fun, it breaks far too many of the mechanics.
    I literally have no clue what you're talking about. Nearly all of his attacks are heavily telegraphed, knuckle slams and sword swipes are stupidly slow. I considered this boss to be easier than Elder (as he was back in the old good days when he still could fight back, that is) even before the nerf. The only thing I might be occasionally confused by is when dragon heads go on rampage at the start of DPS check, yet those don't even do much damage (need, probably, 3 of them to fire at me at once to kill my Fo).

Considering Revo (and Aura I believe) all have 1 year time spans....even if you don't play on a regular basis.....getting something to +35 for 80 cap requirements isn't even tedious anymore. The only time I can see that is if there is a particular CF 13* you want to +35 and due to real life time conflicts you can't get it....

But just in the sense of 80? The CFs is there......and isn't a reason other than possibly real life timing conflicts to prevent you from getting to 80.
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89