Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

pretty sure antivirus programs aren't capable of flat out ghosting your harddrive to factory default. I had issues with Norton sometimes seeing these 2 files in tweaker folder as viruses (as antivirus usually does for anything 3rd party but Norton NEVER affected anything other than that......

There's definitely something else going here....
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

An oldie but I think this is relevant.

I stopped using Symantec over 10 years ago when it wasn't catching most stuff anymore. Seriously though these days security patches on the operating system are more important that anti-virus. The built in Windows Defender is a lot better than it was when released.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

I installed it on my PC a little over a week ago and I didn't lose anything. I also use Avast, so... pretty sure the issue here is something else entirely unrelated to just the PSO2 install.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

PRON.EXE

Running Windows 7 and I just use MSE. Also have a few other installers for Malwarebytes, Kaspersky, and have rkill installed incase something actually does get by and is affecting my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    I would like to point out that in your screenshots, your Norton also detected Steam's API dll as a virus, so I guess you should post about it on Steam's forums too. Let us know how that works out! (And also ask Gaben when Half Life 3 is coming out)

But really though:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/0...is/1493748696/

I've never even heard of the other three, but as you can see by the name, it's just catching it based off generic stuff, not anything it's -actually doing-.
    yea, Anti-Virus treat small DLLs and EXEs as virus thanks to their virus detection heuristics guesswork

GOOD LUCK!

Try this, install MSVC and compile this

Code:
    #include <windows.h>

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR pCmdLine, int nShowCmd)
    {
    	ShellExecuteA(NULL, "open", "https://resupport.winxnet.com/", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL);
    	return 0;
    }
    and tell me what your anti-virus think the Release EXE is
    Last edited by Alam; May 2, 2017 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCorinn View Post
    nothing gets thru with norton running

Come on now... no need to go that far...
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Seriously man, no one even wants you to play, so go play something else that your shitty antivirus won´t catch as a virus, and leave Aida and her gem called tweaker alone. We all love it. Stop spamming forum with your rants no one cares about. Cheers!

So you were patching and got your pc wiped? how weird that something that could happen when you download and overwrite files in the c: drive and suddendly something, like a power outage maybe, shuts down and restarts your pc and maybe the sudden interruption of a file overwrite corrupted a sector, which caused your pc to run a chkdisk because it cant properly read the disk, which then "attempted" to repair the partition while actually deleting it as the only repair option and all was caused by an antivirus triggered by a program whose main purpose is connecting and downloading a few .dll files that every antivirus ever will mark as virus (just copy any dll file from system32 to any outside folder and scan it pls)

IF your antivirus has the power to use admin privileges to wipe all the shit to oblivion in your pc i would be way more scared about how easy an antivirus can destroy any/all stuff you store there on a whim than any ramsomware ever, since its the antivirus who owns the pc and your files, not you.

Also the above example happened irl, lost a laptop hdd due to an interrupted update long ago.
    =Ziel= Ship 02
    Ninel 90/90 Ra/Hu Gund...Cast!

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    I would like to point out that in your screenshots, your Norton also detected Steam's API dll as a virus, so I guess you should post about it on Steam's forums too. Let us know how that works out! (And also ask Gaben when Half Life 3 is coming out)

But really though:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/0...is/1493748696/

I've never even heard of the other three, but as you can see by the name, it's just catching it based off generic stuff, not anything it's -actually doing-.
    Well the steam DLL wasnt from an original steam game it came from a blackboxrepack game i have steam games none are virused