Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast

Yes, I see a number of damaging techs that, currently, are fairly worthless. There's no word on how much they'll be buffed by. It could be a lot, or it could be a little. Don't shit on poor ol' Grants just because it could never stand up to its big brother Ragrants.

As a Ra, I never would've believed that Impact Slide would become a staple PA but it got buffed once and, for a brief period, people used it. When I started playing, Piercing Shell, so I was told, was the most worthless thing a Ra could put on their palette aside from like Grenade. It got a buff one day and, hey, people started using it. One Point was never as that great. It got buffed and, suddenly, everyone used it for a while. And here, nothing got nerfed. It was just old PAs being brought up to speed. Yeah, they all got washed away by newer PAs, but for PAs that were once considered useless, a little time in the limelight was pretty cool. So, please, give Grants a chance. Try IlGrants. Just off the ol' Sazan that was all the rage during the Elysion days and see how it fares post-buff. Times change. Metas change. Best thing is to go with the flow.
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

I wouldn't mind the nerfs if they added new spells like the ones from PSU and increased duration for zondeel and zanverse (getting nerfed).

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykins View Post
    I think the idea here is that people are too reliant on their classes "one trick" i.e. WB, Zanverse, Compounds, Chain, Marron, etc. By knocking these things down a peg and putting everything up, they hope to create more variety. Perhaps that's why Fi got off scot-free; while yes, Fi is an OP piece of shit and always will be, at least it's OP in a wide variety of ways.
    FI nerf their own HP for damage since ages ago, it's understandable that they got away.

But TE on the other side, got nerfed even though they are already weak. This is what pissing me off, not the Zanverse nerf, Banish nerf and such.

variety
    This is kinda ironic considering how they screwed up TE, the most versatile class which can be paired with almost all other classes for different purposes.
    No, there's no variety for you, wand smacking is extremely behind everything (yes, even its own technique) in damage, and 14* wand is even weaker than Form. SEGA doesn't care a least bit about melee Techers, which is a legit playstyle since the introduction of wand skills.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    did you read the patch notes? the large majority of tech buffs are pointless regarding dps. it's back to being a mobbing-only class.
    I read the detailed patch notes, yes. Probably less biased than you.
    For almost every tech, baring the most used ones like Ragrants and Rafoie for instance, "buff damages".
    Besides, the masteries are also getting a large boost by reducing the number of points to get to 20% boost in the mastery and that is a boost, no matter what you say.

Fire:
    Foie damage buff
    Nafoie damage buff
    Rafoie ranged down
    Foie craft recipe: revised power notation upwards
    Nafoie craft recipe: revised power notation upwards

Ice:
    Barta power up + charge time down
    Gibarta power up
    Rabarta power up + charge time down
    Sabarta power up + charge time down + range down
    Ilbarta range down
    Icefang Barta, Gibarta, Rabarta and Sabarta: power notation revised upwards

Lightning
    Gizonde power up + charge time down
    Razonde charge time down
    Sazonde charge time down
    Zondeel power up (ok, lol)
    Nazonde power up
    Craft recipes for Gizonde, Sazonde, Nazonde and Zondeel power notation revised upwards

And there are other examples like these in the other elements (I'm just bored to type it all ).
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

infinite range tps loss on rafoie, grants, sazan and ilbarta and maybe others is bs too, many td runs saved by killing towers with those, rip

Quote Originally Posted by AnikaSteinberg View Post
    Much as I hate to admit, but Techers are indeed far more dependent on Zanverse than any other class, even with all the combat gimmicks I used to promote every now and then.

Though, since Zanverse will no longer be modify-able with anything post-Episode 5, I'd say these supposed Wand changes/buffs will be kinda needed anyway
    Edited my post, there is no wand change

TE is being screwed

The thing people need to realize is that TE was already in a shitty place to begin with, but could be leveraged by using universal/subclasses mechanic to their advantage (compounds, Banish techs, zanverse, all being nerfed mind you)

Deband Cut and Toughness are a nice plus, but you should be able to survive without.
    Shifta Strike is also a nice buff...but you can contribute more than Shifta Strike's worth if you're very good with another class

The underlying problem of TE is and has always been the same thing. SEGA doesn't want to repurpose them to be so good at support they become anything that isn't a comfort/liability thing, nor do they want to buff their offensive kit to be able to support while outputting decent personal damage.

Because of all this, TE is more of a "if there is one, that's cool, if there is none, whatever" class, that can't even get enough personal value to justify the presence of 2 or more TEs in any given mpa.

I'll admit I'm probably a bit biased about Te since I like wand-smack and I like good buffs but want my mpa experience to be more than dropping green puddles and winning the mpa. Yes, I'll admit techer could probably use some more love. I'd love to see Reverser Field not suck, for example. I still stick to my opinion, though, that a) a class shouldn't be reliant on one trick, and b) people will still want Tes in their mpa post-nerf.

Another thing is we're not looking at how Hero will fit into this. That alone might harm the standing of a few classes.

One more thing: I'm not just shitting on tech-users here. I dare any fellow Ra-mains to say Ra is dead because of wb nerf so I can tell you you're wrong. :T
    Last edited by Mattykins; Jun 10, 2017 at 08:06 AM.
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    I read the detailed patch notes, yes. Probably less biased than you.
    For almost every tech, baring the most used ones like Ragrants and Rafoie for instance, "buff damages".
    Besides, the masteries are also getting a large boost by reducing the number of points to get to 20% boost in the mastery and that is a boost, no matter what you say.

Fire:
    Foie damage buff
    Nafoie damage buff
    Rafoie ranged down
    Foie craft recipe: revised power notation upwards
    Nafoie craft recipe: revised power notation upwards

Ice:
    Barta power up + charge time down
    Gibarta power up
    Rabarta power up + charge time down
    Sabarta power up + charge time down + range down
    Ilbarta range down
    Icefang Barta, Gibarta, Rabarta and Sabarta: power notation revised upwards

Lightning
    Gizonde power up + charge time down
    Razonde charge time down
    Sazonde charge time down
    Zondeel power up (ok, lol)
    Nazonde power up
    Craft recipes for Gizonde, Sazonde, Nazonde and Zondeel power notation revised upwards

And there are other examples like these in the other elements (I'm just bored to type it all ).
    yes 20 points to 15 points. this doesn't mean we can suddenly max multiple elements without giving up attackups to begin with. if it was 20 to 10, then yes now you can multi element with little to no draw back. compounds were force's burst. "buff damages" to techs that aren't dps to begin with fixes nothing. i can't believe i have to explain that, but whatever.

for the record, my first qliph was katana. it's not as though i play only force and nothing else and am spoiled by it. it's just a class i've enjoyed and specialized in for a long time. being told by sega that "this OP is not ok, but this OP is ok" is my problem.
    a) a class shouldn't be reliant on one trick
    fo relying on compounds never made it a one trick. shunka ep2 was a one trick.
    Last edited by milranduil; Jun 10, 2017 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post

TE is being screwed

Yes ! They're giving PAs to Talis to Hero instead of Techer !
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post

fo relying on compounds never made it a one trick. shunka ep2 was a one trick.

I think he meant TE and zanverse tho.