Default Unfair Ban from PSO2 Tweaker Discord Server

It's been a long since it happened. I think... a year? Maybe even less than that.

Anyways, I'm banned. And I really didn't do anything wrong.

Here's how it happened:

I was having a problem with the tweaker. Some things were showing up as Japanese, when they should be English. It kept flip-flopping. So I went into the PSO2 Tweaker Discord tech-support channel and asked for help. Now, I am completely aware of how long it may take to get a response. However, I didn't want to sit there twiddling my thumbs and bothering the admins over what may just be an easy fix.

So I go to the Tweaker itself and take a look at the settings and the things that should fix it. I thought I ended up making it worse, but I actually did not. Though that didn't stop me from telling the tech-support that I may have made it worse by trying to fix it myself.

SynthSy, an admin, was helping me out by that point.

Then in comes another admin, ACF. They said "Your problem started from you not being patient for a response, so its not our fault you went and fucked it up."

I immediately replied with "Wow... professional...". It was then I remembered Rule #2. I began typing "There's no need to be rude, especially for an admin. You're breaking rule #2.". I was banned before I could hit enter.

I was un-banned shortly thereafter. I joined back in, and didn't question that I still had access to the channels. It never occurred to me that I should reapply my actual permissions. I said something in tech-support when I had another problem, and ended up being banned by the local bot because I "did something I wasn't supposed to do and that I should contact an admin."

I contacted SynthSy and Kyle, both admins.

Ended up ignored and my ban was never lifted.

All this from really doing nothing wrong. Banned because an admin was breaking their own rules and I challenged their power.

I'm wondering if I can even be let back.

I mean, ACF wasn't wrong. If you don't know what you're doing and you mess around with something because you're impatient, that's your own fault. I don't see any problem with him saying that. He could have said it in a nicer way, but he has no obligation to, so oh well. As for calling him out for professionalism, he's not a professional. The Tweaker is a free service provided by community members. His position is much closer to a hobby than a job, so there's no need for him to act professional. If it contradicts any rules there, again, oh well. Honestly the fact that you even looked at the rules in this situation to point that out made me lol a bit.

You didn't do anything wrong per se, but I wouldn't say you were banned because you challenged an admin's power. You were banned for being a twat.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

I wasn't impatient. Why do people keep saying that? :\ I just didn't want to bother the admins if it was something simple, so I ran the available troubleshooting options beforehand. That's not being impatient, it's being practical.

I wasn't rude about anything either. I was only trying to get some help. I wasn't being impatient by demanding anything or screaming at anyone. I then informed the admins that I may have made it worse. SynthSy was more than happy to continue assisting me. Synth was being nice, patient, and courteous. Then suddenly comes a very unwarranted rude comment, which I made aware was rude.

I was then banned.

So, to review.

I did nothing wrong. You agree with this.

I was not being impatient, but rather practical in how I approached help.

I was not rude in any way, and kept the admins/SynthSy in the loop with what was happening on my end.

I made one comment on an admin being rude, and I was instabanned.

I was banned because I challenged an admins power. Now I get ZERO help with my PSO2, and for no good reason either.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Just PM one of them again. PSO-World isn't the place to complain about being banned.