Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face Help with class builds!

Hello! I have recently come back to the game after not playing for a couple of years. I've made two characters so far and am testing out different builds and usage of weapons to see what I like. (I've been having a hard time deciding what to do.. That's why I'm here. XP)

If you have any feedback or builds I can see or use, that would be much appreciated!
    Here we go!

(Would main the ones listed.)

**For Fighter: I was thinking of using Double Saber and Knuckles since they look the most fun to use.

*For Bouncer: Maybe use the Dual Blades? I don't really understand Bouncer too much, but it caught my attention regardless!

And as a side thought, I was wondering if there is any build that works well with using Gunslash as the main weapon to focus on. I've seen gameplay of it and it looks really fun. And from what I know, I would focus on melee PA instead of ranged.

** = Would most likely want to use.
    * = Maybe. Just maybe. More curious.

Thanks for having a look!

FI: Good weapon options. Fighter is a class that generally wants to use all three of its weapons, just in different situations. Skipping on twin daggers or knuckles is acceptable, but it's more of a temporary thing rather than what you want to do in endgame.

Something like this is a good baseline build, with a few SPs left here and there to spend on whatever you like, Especially true for the HU subclass tree, because most people take iron will or (less popular nowadays) automate.

BO: Dual Blades are better than Jet Boots, but once again both weapons see use and JBs are less of an effort because you can match element. I'll warn you though, Bouncer is not that strong at the moment, though I wonder is it because of the class itself or just people who play it.

For builds, check Selphea's guide. It's oudated in terms of PAs but the build advice still holds up.

Maining Gunslash: not happening. Simple as that. Sorry.

Bummer with the Gunslash! But, it was a thought.

Thank you for the build and advice though! I might just try out maining Fighter than and wait on other things.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

As far as maining Gunslash .....

A JP friend of mine used Gunslash a few months back ...... Focusing on melee part (ranged affix only relies on things like Apprentice / Modulator / Vinculum / Ability3, while affixing mainly for S-Atk).
    It'll be a bit harder to evade, I think (since there's no weapon action for evasion) ..... but damage wise, should be good enough.

Was using FiHu when I asked about maining Gunslash before (don't forget LimitBreak).
    As far as tree (and unit) goes, should be the same as your usual FiHu, just using Gunslash as weapon.

Oh, right, and main PA is SerpentAir (when I asked him before). Not sure with addition of Ein-Type0 atm though.
    Last edited by final_attack; Jun 5, 2017 at 08:09 PM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    As far as maining Gunslash .....

A JP friend of mine used Gunslash a few months back ...... Focusing on melee part (ranged affix only relies on things like Apprentice / Modulator / Vinculum / Ability3, while affixing mainly for S-Atk).
    It'll be a bit harder to evade, I think (since there's no weapon action for evasion) ..... but damage wise, should be good enough.

Was using FiHu when I asked about maining Gunslash before (don't forget LimitBreak).
    As far as tree (and unit) goes, should be the same as your usual FiHu, just using Gunslash as weapon.

Oh, right, and main PA is SerpentAir (when I asked him before). Not sure with addition of Ein-Type0 atm though.
    Ein 0 is the GS damage dealer on downed bosses. Drop triple mines then go ham.

I believe the current way to go for Gunslash is FI/RA. Not really sure where to go for Gunslashes themselves, but I imagine Zeinesis and Atol Orbit (if you can find the damned thing) would be top-grade. I don't know how Celesta Laser stacks up against current meta, but it provides a +36% TAJA as a Hidden Pot.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Okay,completely ignore anyone saying you cant main a gunslash.
    They have ZERO idea what they are talking about.

You can,its perfectly viable.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmn..._jqINaA/videos

Here is a GS user whos
    -Solo'd Mother
    -Beaten Phaleg
    -Completed Solo PD with a 1*
    -S-ranked solo PD in 7:33
    -Solo'd all the UQ bosses
    -Finished BoC 6-10 with S-rank
    Aka: The games "difficult" content
    At one point he did have Loser/Elder mpa ver solo vids but those have disappeared.

http://tinyurl.com/lsvqqbx
    Here is a cookie cutter GS tree.
    Though A R uses multiple trees for efficiency,this gets by just fine.
    Its pretty much just the standard Fi/Hu tree using an S-atk heavy Hu sub tree and more points allocated into extra damage on the fi side for LB through slayer skills.
    You can get by perfectly fine with a GS.

Want a fi main tree?
    Use the same thing,just take the points out of deadline slayer and put them in the gears instead.
    Ring suggestions are
    L/Step JA
    L/Step Jump
    L/Air Reversal
    Preferably slotted into units,but if no 12* units yet then just keep step jump on your active.
    Use fighter weapon rings instead (As actives always) if you're gonna use those weps.
    You can shortcut equip those to weapon palette swaps so theres 0 reason for them to be on your units.
    If you think 4 pts in step is too much,take a pt out and put it into the partisan gear if you manage to get a fi equippable partisan someday.

Wasnt gonna comment on this thread but people not having a single clue to what they're talking about changed my mind.
    Spoiler!

"Useable, but needs a very high level of effort and skill to pull off what other classes can do with much less of either" isn't exactly what people mean when they say viable, and definitely not something to recommend to a new player unless you want to burn them out hard.

Except the exact same thing can be said about Techer needs for rainbow wands,bouncers need for rainbow dual blades,forces need for multiple talises/rods,jet boots general underperformance.

If they want to find a way to use a GS,they can use a GS.
    Theres a reason I mentioned that the linked tree works fine as a Fi main.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Except the exact same thing can be said about Techer needs for rainbow wands,bouncers need for rainbow dual blades,forces need for multiple talises/rods,jet boots general underperformance.

If they want to find a way to use a GS,they can use a GS.
    Theres a reason I mentioned that the linked tree works fine as a Fi main.
    Techer doesn't necessarily need rainbow anymore, though, since L/Wand Ele Change is a thing.

It's true, too many people don't give Gunslash enough credit. It's a perfectly usable weapon, and doesn't require any specialization; hell, you can literally take cookie-cutter Skill Trees and stick it onto a GS main. The main problem is that (like half the weapons in the game) other weapons are perceived as "better" than the alternative option and thus everyone defaults to them (Katana, Dual Blade, Rifle (vs. Launcher), and Sword are the main offenders off the top of my head). Gunslash also has the stigma of "it's universal, so it's automatically weaker than whatever specialized weapons are available to me", which is part of the reason why people don't even try picking up GS.
    Last edited by Altiea; Jun 6, 2017 at 03:32 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Okay,completely ignore anyone saying you cant main a gunslash.
    They have ZERO idea what they are talking about.

You can,its perfectly viable.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmn..._jqINaA/videos

Here is a GS user whos
    -Solo'd Mother
    -Beaten Phaleg
    -Completed Solo PD with a 1*
    -S-ranked solo PD in 7:33
    -Solo'd all the UQ bosses
    -Finished BoC 6-10 with S-rank
    Aka: The games "difficult" content
    At one point he did have Loser/Elder mpa ver solo vids but those have disappeared.

http://tinyurl.com/lsvqqbx
    Here is a cookie cutter GS tree.
    Though A R uses multiple trees for efficiency,this gets by just fine.
    Its pretty much just the standard Fi/Hu tree using an S-atk heavy Hu sub tree and more points allocated into extra damage on the fi side for LB through slayer skills.
    You can get by perfectly fine with a GS.

Want a fi main tree?
    Use the same thing,just take the points out of deadline slayer and put them in the gears instead.
    Ring suggestions are
    L/Step JA
    L/Step Jump
    L/Air Reversal
    Preferably slotted into units,but if no 12* units yet then just keep step jump on your active.
    Use fighter weapon rings instead (As actives always) if you're gonna use those weps.
    You can shortcut equip those to weapon palette swaps so theres 0 reason for them to be on your units.
    If you think 4 pts in step is too much,take a pt out and put it into the partisan gear if you manage to get a fi equippable partisan someday.

Wasnt gonna comment on this thread but people not having a single clue to what they're talking about changed my mind.
    Thank you so much for this! I would love to try this out. I'm not new to the game, so getting used to another weapon type/classes won't be a big deal. Everything is viable in one way or another. You just have to work on it. But, thanks again for the advice and build.