Default Pso2 low performance on decent computer

Hey guys,
    So I invited my friend to play PSO2 with me and my friends because we love the game.
    He installed the game perfectly with no crashes or interruptions but when he got in the game he is getting around 30 fps with drops to 20s.
    This is really weird since he plays other games perfectly fine like CSGO (130 fps) and rocket league (60+ fps)

His specs are:

4gb Ram
    AMD Radeon (TM) HD 8500M/8700M
    Intel(R)Core(TM)i7-3517U CPU @ 1.90GHz

Is there anything he can do to improve his performance?
    Thank you for your time.

Has he tried putting the graphics settings to their lowest? Also, if his OS is 64-bit, enabling Large Address Awareness may help (this is under Other Tasks in the Tweaker).
    Also, just as a general comment, both Rocket League and CSGO are more or less properly optimized for low-end machines (thus allowing them to get to a larger amount of potential players), while PSO2 really isn't all that well optimized at all.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 7, 2017 at 01:34 PM.

yes he has and it does little to no difference :/

gpu is very weak so thats pretty much the issue right there.. cpu may be i7 but the core speeds are very slow.. the game isnt terribly demanding with shaders off (or heck on) but these specs arent really cutting it for anything but low settings and maybe a lower resolution (can have texture quality on high probably with simple shaders.. maybe lowest end normal shaders) stay away from tier 6 as well

Only other thing I can think of is to make sure that there are little to no other background tasks running.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    gpu is very weak so thats pretty much the issue right there.. cpu may be i7 but the core speeds are very slow.. the game isnt terribly demanding with shaders off (or heck on) but these specs arent really cutting it for anything but low settings and maybe a lower resolution (can have texture quality on high probably with simple shaders.. maybe lowest end normal shaders) stay away from tier 6 as well
    Despite the i7 name, it's actually just a dual-core, but overall it should still be somewhat capable of maybe tier 3~5 settings, it's possible that it could be trying to use Intel's integrated GPU instead of the Radeon one.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Jun 7, 2017 at 02:18 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom