Page 93 of 127 FirstFirst ... 438390919293949596103 ... LastLast
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I can hardly afford anything beyond Ares + Mutation II + Doom break or Vinculum (too poor for mod, arks fever supply is still low to recommend arks max) + Deus Factor + Ability III

if I could get a handful of arks fever units tomorrow I would probably figure out how to work it into that; since Arks MAX + Arks Fever is the same stats as having Modulator + Spirita V

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post

front i gather the past few days its the casuals vs hardcores and the casuals are super salty
    I don't think it's so much of a casual vs hardcore thing because those terms can be pretty subjective. I've seen some "hardcore" players who grind almost endlessly, and their level of skill can be pretty low (e.g. a guy who logs on, plays for 3 days straight, uses vapor bullet on everything). On the flipside, I've seen some phenomenal "casual" players who put in their all with great skill and tend to accomplish a lot more with their time. (again this is a totally subjective example of casual vs hardcore)

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    You should be doing both.

Countering and spamming attacks aren't mutually exclusive given step cancels, and timing.
    Pretty much this. You can take the lazy route and Vapor Bullet your way though whatever, but it definitely doesn't compare to putting the effort in when appropriate to use counters. There's no way anyone is going to be able to fully counter every attack 100% of the time, and if you're doing nothing in between enemy attacks, what are you doing? Nothing? Clearly you're using other attacks to fill the gap between those uber counters. You can easily play a sloppy Hero, but it doesn't mean that's how you should play it for optimal dps.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    I don't think it's so much of a casual vs hardcore thing because those terms can be pretty subjective. I've seen some "hardcore" players who grind almost endlessly, and their level of skill can be pretty low (e.g. a guy who logs on, plays for 3 days straight, uses vapor bullet on everything). On the flipside, I've seen some phenomenal "casual" players who put in their all with great skill and tend to accomplish a lot more with their time. (again this is a totally subjective example of casual vs hardcore)
    While it can mean anything, I'm pretty sure the most common "casual" reference in this forum is in terms of the combat.

Pretty much this. You can take the lazy route and Vapor Bullet your way though whatever, but it definitely doesn't compare to putting the effort in when appropriate to use counters. There's no way anyone is going to be able to fully counter every attack 100% of the time, and if you're doing nothing in between enemy attacks, what are you doing? Nothing? Clearly you're using other attacks to fill the gap between those uber counters. You can easily play a sloppy Hero, but it doesn't mean that's how you should play it for optimal dps.
    I sucked at countering, so my hopes are on spamming sword's weapon action and Racing Edge. I'm a coward with a pride!
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    I sucked at countering, so my hopes are on spamming sword's weapon action and Racing Edge. I'm a coward with a pride!
    just use MH ring fam

:^)

I put casual/hardcore in the sense of how well your playing and your skill built from playing aka boss damage, overall time to finish things etc, not just from grinding something all day (like Gathering or something) or just the general grind.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    While it can mean anything, I'm pretty sure the most common "casual" reference in this forum is in terms of the combat.
    exactly but people will get extra special about the definition of the word, just like F2P games and people justifying it by saying you have to "pay" to get ahead or w/e (some cases yes, in pso2 no)

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    Any countering is better than no countering at the least

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    I put casual/hardcore in the sense of how well your playing and your skill built from playing aka boss damage, overall time to finish things etc, not just from grinding something all day (like Gathering or something) or just the general grind.

exactly but people will get extra special about the definition of the word, just like F2P games and people justifying it by saying you have to "pay" to get ahead or w/e (some cases yes, in pso2 no)
    Ah, I'm used to seeing casual/hardcore being referred to in the sense of time invested, but it can definitely mean skill level as well. For the most part, there's just a lot a players who fit a whole other category of plain lazy (especially when they're decked out in Qliph gear and somehow manage to sit near the bottom of the charts)
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

remember kids, it's not just the size of your sword that matters; it's how you use it

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    remember kids, it's not just the size of your sword that matters; it's how you use it
    I use it as a fireball spamming tool, the blade itself rarely touch anything.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Sounds like lag or bad positioning. I would blame the former.