Page 101 of 127 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1263
    The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Have the game ever explained what DEX does?
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    It might be explained somewhere, but for all we know it could boost your item drop rate too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Except the things still exists so all you really get is people being elitist about information that requires you to find 3rd party sources to understand instead of information that's in the game.

EDIT: I actually can't even comprehend why anyone would think having more information be available would encourage elitism...
    i agree.

that being said, the benefit of hiding information is that only those who seek it out have access to it.

there are a huge number of players who are blissfully unaware of mechanics that are 1 parse away from turning into elitists.

it's a trait of gamers that having a lot of information readily avaliable and in their face will cause them to grow more minmax hungry.

hiding information wont stop people who actively seek it out, but for those who dont seek it out but act on it when given to them; you'd be surprised how many players are like this.

This gets asked too many times i wish someone made a thread explaining each stat fact so people wouldnt have to ask but from what I remember, it reduces your over damage variance and its a meme stat build amongst the uninformed players

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    having the nuances of the game exposed will further fuel the elitism that sega wants to contain. they dont want skill gaps to be too wide and noticable.

it's also why they dislike macros and is probably a huge fueling source when it comes to hero's class design and their general desire to normalize damage.
    its too late for that, casuals get called it, just how it is and the skill gap has been known for awhile. long as parser exists its gonna persist, people just need to step it up. I mean are you playing with controller too that you hate macro's? i mean its a pc game after all

Except the things still exists so all you really get is people being elitist about information that requires you to find 3rd party sources to understand instead of information that's in the game.

EDIT: I actually can't even comprehend why anyone would think having more information be available would encourage elitism...
    literally anyone man

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    it reduces your over damage variance and its a meme stat build amongst the uninformed players
    It increases damage variance against you too. Which is arguably more useless, but I notice it on my pets as Su sometimes.

It increases damage variance against you too. Which is arguably more useless, but I notice it on my pets as Su sometimes.
    i dont play SU so i cant say anything about Dex for pets and I never noticed an increase toward my variance back when i tried these out for kicks

i dont play SU so i cant say anything about Dex for pets and I never noticed an increase toward my variance back when i tried these out for kicks
    It's not like it's worth it. It's just that pets have a lot of dex and tend to get hit a lot so it's easier to notice when a specific attack does 700 damage one time and like 40 another. It's funny, but not something a player would want to rely on.

EDIT: actually, they don't seem to have that much more dex than players.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Nov 20, 2017 at 12:43 AM.

its too late for that, casuals get called it, just how it is and the skill gap has been known for awhile. long as parser exists its gonna persist, people just need to step it up. I mean are you playing with controller too that you hate macro's? i mean its a pc game after all
    yeah not much you can do about it. im just saying that i can understand sega's point of view. i dont agree with it though.

also i play with controller because it's what i started with and what i played all versions of PSO with. PSO1 v1/v2/GC/BB, PSU, and PSZ. At this point the muscle memory is so ingrained that I cant switch to KBM LUUL.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    it's a trait of gamers that having a lot of information readily avaliable and in their face will cause them to grow more minmax hungry.

hiding information wont stop people who actively seek it out, but for those who dont seek it out but act on it when given to them; you'd be surprised how many players are like this.
    I disagree. While I'm sure there are a few people like that, there's also a lot of people who just don't care what anyone else is doing. Like, think about it, if you care enough to be an ass about stuff, you're going to even if you DON'T have all the information. People getting better at the game=/= elitist, and I think our disagreement might actually come from the definition of the word. Elitism isn't about being the best, it's just about the idea that only the "elite" should have access to something. You can be elitist and play like shit. I'M elitist and play like shit.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Nov 20, 2017 at 07:51 AM.

your DEX vs enemy DEX determines both your damage variance on the enemy and enemy damage variance on you. While it may sound useful on paper, *13 weapons have a natural 90%-100% variance, that gets mitigated even more by crit (since a crit will be 100% no matter what). So yeah, unless they introduce very high DEX enemies, DEX is literally 100% useless right now