Page 124 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2474114121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1252
  1. #1231
    Mercenary Moffen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Himiko Togas basement.
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kozumi View Post
    What you said is why there aren't many Hr's anymore and mostly Et's and Ph's. Hr is kind of outdated.

    You don't lose the entire boost for taking damage anymore though, it's like 15% of the boost instead of the full 60%.
    http://www.bumped.org/psublog/august...e-adjustments/


    Two relevant changes that help hero boost out a lot.
    Yeah i've tried to counter more but its just not worth it. I've had way too many occasions where I've tried to counter, had the counter noise proc, and still gotten bodied anyway. Its gotten me more times killed than helped to recover my boost. I keep praying they add guard points into the step itself but it still hasn't happened.
    I'd like to get the Hr specific S6 but I don't have any affixes done for 13* units yet. Figured HP would be the fix but i guess I'm just playing wrong.
    Spoiler!

  2. #1232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kozumi View Post
    What you said is why there aren't many Hr's anymore and mostly Et's and Ph's. Hr is kind of outdated.

    You don't lose the entire boost for taking damage anymore though, it's like 15% of the boost instead of the full 60%.
    http://www.bumped.org/psublog/august...e-adjustments/


    Two relevant changes that help hero boost out a lot.
    Not really. It's 30% so getting hit twice means you're at 0% again. And you regain 10% from a counter so getting back quickly with counters only works occasionally.
    The problem is there is no cd or anything and it's very easy to get hit twice in quick succession when there are several enemies / bosses around like in many eqs so often this makes little difference.
    The class is still broken because it has too much of an impact, the only other class that loses damage when getting hit is Gu but there it's only 20% at most and since that is a buff that comes and goes, half the time you lose only 10% or less damage if you get hit.

    There were still a lot of heros around after other classes got buffed and hero stopped being the top dps. The main reason hr isn't common anymore is because ph and et are newer classes, not like bo was remotely as common 5 months after hero was added compared to when bo was only a few months old.

  3. #1233

    Default

    so first page is cleaned up, gave it my crappy Etoile treatment and info should be easier to find on the class and w/e else you may or may not need for info. Still need to update some stuff to the post:

    -Balance patches
    -Common Question tab
    -more DPS stuff

    I'm not sure how much effort I'm going to put in for the Common Questions tab but I'll do some digging around in this thread to see what I can find. Other than that, the OP has been updated for hopefully better ease of access or something idk

    open to anything that may need to be added to the OP, which includes finding a Transparent background for the Hero characters or something (going to shrink the image down later, its a bit too big)
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

  4. #1234

    Default

    I wouldn't call it crappy lol. Good job at turning this into a pretty good guide of sorts.

  5. #1235

    Default

    well for lib vs stil the answer is stil even on sword.. pa damage is too good and ssa can make it counter as hard or harder than liberate (slightly but its there) as for the units austere 13* would be the top dog for hr right now 120 hp 13pp 60 atk 5% all res 2nd highest base def

  6. #1236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaoc View Post
    well for lib vs stil the answer is stil even on sword.. pa damage is too good and ssa can make it counter as hard or harder than liberate (slightly but its there) as for the units austere 13* would be the top dog for hr right now 120 hp 13pp 60 atk 5% all res 2nd highest base def
    I was iffy about putting one or the other in the gear area as top but its great to have this clarification
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

  7. #1237

    Default

    i have questions,

    - how does S6 Add: Heroic Howl works? is it the same like in Demonia potential? or stronger/weaker?
    - can you restore hero boost with Evasion Training (it's S4 weapon iirc)?

    saw some people putting that Evasion Training and spamming BNS recently
    Is coffee good for you?

  8. #1238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quickasker View Post
    i have questions,

    - how does S6 Add: Heroic Howl works? is it the same like in Demonia potential? or stronger/weaker?
    - can you restore hero boost with Evasion Training (it's S4 weapon iirc)?

    saw some people putting that Evasion Training and spamming BNS recently
    -S6: Heroic Howl is like having Demonia's effect but without the weapon, it's the same thing and they don't stack
    -idk about Evasion Training, I've never used it and since TMG's had it's counter buff I suppose it works? I assume it procs counter from that skill? I can't say much about it, obviously if they're just doing the non counter version they're uhh being bad but overall I'd like to think not spamming those counters with that SSA would be more efficient than doing TMG counters on everything. Could be wrong but I don't use TMGs much outside specific moments for counter spam
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

  9. #1239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    -S6: Heroic Howl is like having Demonia's effect but without the weapon, it's the same thing and they don't stack
    -idk about Evasion Training, I've never used it and since TMG's had it's counter buff I suppose it works? I assume it procs counter from that skill? I can't say much about it, obviously if they're just doing the non counter version they're uhh being bad but overall I'd like to think not spamming those counters with that SSA would be more efficient than doing TMG counters on everything. Could be wrong but I don't use TMGs much outside specific moments for counter spam
    yeah it procs the Counter version of BNS
    Is coffee good for you?

  10. #1240
    エターナルブレイバー milranduil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    probably wopal TA
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    -S6: Heroic Howl is like having Demonia's effect but without the weapon, it's the same thing and they don't stack
    -idk about Evasion Training, I've never used it and since TMG's had it's counter buff I suppose it works? I assume it procs counter from that skill? I can't say much about it, obviously if they're just doing the non counter version they're uhh being bad but overall I'd like to think not spamming those counters with that SSA would be more efficient than doing TMG counters on everything. Could be wrong but I don't use TMGs much outside specific moments for counter spam
    it is not the same thing as demonia's effect. demonia doubles the build rate of hero boost meaning it takes 30 seconds instead of 60. heroic howl is +40% build rate, so it still takes 43 seconds.

Similar Threads

  1. FFXI: Confirmation Needed for New Classes
    By Reenee in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Sep 15, 2003, 04:51 PM
  2. the unknown new class
    By DaremoX in forum PSO General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jul 2, 2003, 03:50 AM
  3. what new class u want
    By Akuma_the_HUcast in forum PSO General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Jul 1, 2003, 09:33 AM
  4. ep.3 new classes?
    By Marf in forum PSO General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 19, 2003, 12:00 AM
  5. 2 new classes
    By cloud421 in forum PSO General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Aug 22, 2002, 10:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •