Page 110 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1060100107108109110111112113120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1263

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    you sure you even know how to use Hr talis?
    If you do then teach me.

Just want to see what the general opinion is on hero boost these days.

Starting with my post on another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post

I never complained about this due to the relative power Hr had over all other classes, but the design of hero boost is too extreme of a swing costing the player 1/3rd of their damage that can happen too easily, and 0 way to alleviate it outside of demonia.

So yes, I really wanted demonia because of that. Now I go back to hoping for non-existant alternatives like an S4 copy of the potential, a left ring for hero, or new skills with lvl90 cap like hero boost restoration for countering.

Just sucks that it doesn't feel like an actual mechanic we play or interact with, like managing gear for certain weapons.
    What's everyone else's thoughts on this?

I completely agree with the point above, which is made even more obvious by the fact it's literally the only multiplier that is tied to some form of condition in Hero tree (putting gear management aside since it's a less direct way of optimizing your output). I'd love for SEGA to cut some of that juicy 60% and tie it to other forms of conditional. One I would love is a 30% damage boost upon switching weapon, and every 2 seconds, you lose 1% from it; it would make the notion of Hero being supposed to switch weapon a main trait of the class, and not an obscure and advanced gear management notion (friendly reminder than NOTHING in Hero tree or tutorial even mentions the fact that gear gain decay is a thing).

Aside from that I'd love a skill that mitigates the risk of Hero boost, similarly to how FI synergizes with HU with Iron Will because of Limit Break, or how GU can alleviate high time conditional with a ring. I think what would really be a neat idea is a skill that determine the power lost depending on the damage received, on top of the threshold. For example if you have 1000HP and get hit by a 200 move, resets happens and you lose 30% of your damage (which regenerates the normal way) then you lose 1% additional for every 10 points of extra damage you received. Well it's only one way of doing it, but Hero Boost really could use some differentiation between an actual mistake resulting you in getting hit by something big, and a stray projectile that hit right in the Boost threshold. The way it is designed would be acceptable if it was a multiplier amongst many, but it's not.

To sum it up (cause walls of text are boring) Hero Boost is far too class-defining and punishing for how straightforward and rigid it is. SEGA will hopefully play with it once they feel comfortable enough with the balance state of the game
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Aug 23, 2018 at 03:41 PM.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Um, wasn't the damage multiplier is multiplicative(?) to each other? So, losing HeroBoost should be 60% damage loss, not 1/3 ?

Would like more ways to mitigate that damage loss / increase the rate of bonus damage, or just reduce HeroBoost multiplier to 20% or so (moving the rest of multiplier to raw PA + normal attack power or move it to HrWeaponBonus) ..... and yea, I'd say Demonia is pretty significant for current Hr due to that double rate.

I currently much prefer Gu's skill tree and gimmick (CT) but having Hr's Tmg gameplay tho, since I can mostly use 1 weapon type, instead of changing weapons to fill HeroTime .... damage loss from taking heavy damage is lower on Gu too (not too punishing, but enough punisment), assuming the player have life steal weapon)
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    Um, wasn't the damage multiplier is multiplicative(?) to each other? So, losing HeroBoost should be 60% damage loss, not 1/3 ?

Would like more ways to mitigate that damage loss / increase the rate of bonus damage, or just reduce HeroBoost multiplier to 20% or so (moving the rest of multiplier to raw PA + normal attack power or move it to HrWeaponBonus) ..... and yea, I'd say Demonia is pretty significant for current Hr due to that double rate.

I currently much prefer Gu's skill tree and gimmick (CT) but having Hr's Tmg gameplay tho, since I can mostly use 1 weapon type, instead of changing weapons to fill HeroTime .... damage loss from taking heavy damage is lower on Gu too (not too punishing, but enough punisment), assuming the player have life steal weapon)
    It's a 60% multiplier loss, which is not the same as 60% damage loss. If you were doing 160 dmg with hero boost, then you lose it and do 100 immediately after the loss. 100/160 = .625 which translates to a 37.5% total damage loss the moment you lost HB.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Ah .... my bad then.
    Was comparing 100 vs 160, so looked like 60%
    Thanks!
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Just want to see what the general opinion is on hero boost these days.

Starting with my post on another thread:

What's everyone else's thoughts on this?
    idk to me it all depends on how you play, you learn the game, you learn attacks, you know what to do, keeping HB becomes easier but also a pain when mistakes are made and you hit that HP thres and damage resets for another full 1min. Demonia helps of course but obviously thats not easy to come by yet

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post

nothing worse than a TMG Hero main man aka what im seeing in Magatsu boost right now. tired of seeing nothing but BNS spammed when you could be using the other weapons together for optimal DPS. nah i'll stay low on the DPS list with BNS spam

Quote Originally Posted by aiMute View Post
    If you do then teach me.
    lock on to a weak point
    spam the 5pp move
    over
    and over
    and over
    and over
    and over
    and over

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    nothing worse than a TMG Hero main man aka what im seeing in Magatsu boost right now. tired of seeing nothing but BNS spammed when you could be using the other weapons together for optimal DPS. nah i'll stay low on the DPS list with BNS spam
    I think it was reported somewhere that early on when Hero was released, pubs became faster because Hero raises the skill floor moreso than the skill ceiling. BNS spam is great because chances are if a random wasn't BNS spamming they'd probably be some dead Fi main lying on the floor or Guard Stance Hu memer.

BNS is the tmg hero PA that benefits from counter right?