Page 118 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1263

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post

It actually costs like an extra .25 pp to do it. And it’s 100% notation instead of 83%.
    Ahh. Might need to get used to the feeling of doing that in succession + 3rd norm.

Another question, if i utilized calming intent on my character, would rs tap x2 + 3rd norm out damage vapor x2 + 3rd norm when the boss is in a stationary position? Been using vapor to chase constantly moving targets along with racing edge for the past few months now before the buff to rising slash.

TBH unless the balance update changed much the Rising Slash combos aren't really worth it, either way the dpp is pretty bad and the dps is about the same as the vapor bullet combo.
    And both aren't nearly as good as the racer edge x2 > 3rd talis normal combo which has much better dpp and the same or higher damage.
    Rising slash has a bit of an aoe so I guess it has its niche use in case of zondeel / Re Zandia that doesn't suck in enemies close enough to hit all with talis which has a very small aoe but on bosses you are better off using that talis combo and Wise Hound, with the occasional jet wheel if the boss doesn't move much for some time like persona / mother / deus downtime.
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; May 9, 2019 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    TBH unless the balance update changed much the Rising Slash combos aren't really worth it, either way the dpp is pretty bad and the dps is about the same as the vapor bullet combo.
    Rising-1 cut-slam does over 1.5 times the damage of vapor bullet for only ~25% more PP. By your standards, vapor combo dpp is even worse.

Also, Swiki's dps chart reflected output from before the change. 1-cut rising x2 -> normal 3 is very likely just beating vapor combo in dps now as well as in dpp.

And both aren't nearly as good as the racer edge x2 > 3rd talis normal combo which has much better dpp and the same or higher damage.
    Rising slash has a bit of an aoe so I guess it has its niche use in case of zondeel / Re Zandia that doesn't suck in enemies close enough to hit all with talis which has a very small aoe but on bosses you are better off using that talis combo and Wise Hound, with the occasional jet wheel if the boss doesn't move much for some time like persona / mother / deus downtime.
    Why are you talking about two very different weapons as if hero is a one-weapon class, and almost implying people should just shelf their swords when they are very competitive weapons? This isn't a Ph Katana vs Rod situation. Heroes who care about being optimal should be using at least both combos to at least get max gear ready when hero time recast timer is over.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; May 9, 2019 at 12:46 PM.

rising + 1 slash slam x2 normal3 was better than vapor vapor normal3 before the update, if only by a little bit. now with the buff, it's much better. vapor is basically for tracking, airborne stuff, or precision, not for optimal dps anymore.

as for talis, you listed 3 bosses that have very few lockons at all making wise hound *not* worth it in those situations (beyond tossing it out for gear only). additionally, bosses like deus have 15% t-atk resist for pets/hero talis making racer racer normal3 garbage dps for them.

I legit got brain locked for a second reading the first paragraph then stopped. Really something
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Thanks for the input guys! Oh, and also the video.

Still gotta wait for the next affix boost week to properly affix my talis. Although, it already has the SAs I want it to have barring s4 as I need to get lucky again with deus-mom.

So swiki says rising-1 slash-slam is 77 frames at its fastest. Any catch or untold story behind the number I should be made aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    So swiki says rising-1 slash-slam is 77 frames at its fastest. Any catch or untold story behind the number I should be made aware of?
    Swiki has a footnote stating their frame number is when the slam shockwave damage number appears... which means it’s actually 10 frames faster than tha, being 67 frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Swiki has a footnote stating their frame number is when the slam shockwave damage number appears... which means it’s actually 10 frames faster than tha, being 67 frames.
    There's always something... but at least it's good news.
    So it's only 67 frames for guaranteed full mileage from rising-1 slash-slam and no loss of damage, unlike butterfly suffering from JA-ing too early.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; May 11, 2019 at 09:04 PM.

Looking for extra opinions on this; Phrase decay on my Hr weapons, or +45 atk?