Page 29 of 127 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031323979 ... LastLast

So I found out what the Talis Hero finish does besides an AoE ball. It sucks enemies into it.

Quote Originally Posted by fuusen_gum View Post
    how to use hero i-frame? by using talis shift action?
    I don't understand the question. The talis shift action does have i-frames I think, but if you're asking about hero counter then you have to do a step attack right after dodging something with step.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jul 27, 2017 at 03:38 AM.

sorry if my question is confusing, i want to know about how to use hero i frame, like using talis shift action, or any other action that have i frame, i heard step dodge also have an i frame, but i'm not sure about that

How pp hungry is Hero (although I know that it depends on playstyle and I haven't power leveled Hero to XH content to expriment with beefier mobs/bosses)?

If Hero's playstyle drains pp like no tomorrow, then I'll consider affixing gear with pp (and use Union Set over Izane Set); if not, then I'll try to balance it out with some hp as well.

It feels pretty conservative PP wise, especially Rising Slash (Sword) and Dive Bullet (Talis) which seem incredibly PP efficient. TMG is the biggest PP hog because of normal attacks draining it, but they also have the reload action which is incredibly fast (like fighter limit break + orbit weapon fast). The sword shift action and talis normal attacks are also pretty good for getting PP back so in general even if you burn through it you won't be out of the action for more than a few seconds

^Alright.

Yeah, Hero is pretty conservative when it comes to pp, so I think I'll probably try to balance my gear with some hp, 'cause no Hunter subclass for MassiveAutomate (although you can get the Massive Hunter ring).

Anyways, I appreciate your response since it solidifies my confidence.

So why are most hero players I've come across using the TMGs exclusively? Are they really that much better than the other two?

^As far as I understand, TMG normal shot is quite OP... plus it's relatively safe/abusable/lazy-way-of-playing.

But is it more efficient than actually playing the class "properly"? If it's just the "easy mode" way but the class is more powerful using all of its tools then I don't have an issue with that. That's ignoring the EPPR Field ring thing, since that's already getting removed very soon.
    Last edited by DukeLukewarm; Jul 27, 2017 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeLukewarm View Post
    So why are most hero players I've come across using the TMGs exclusively? Are they really that much better than the other two?
    Simply because gameplay is super fast with them and evade manoeuvers are super simple while sword and talis require some hum selfawareness (?). At start I was (and still) abuse of tmgs but the more I play the more I want to play with other toys and switching between them like a god for endless combos xD I think talis is the most difficult to handle, at least it is for me. I think if people keep abusing tmg they will quickly become bored by this class.
    Anyway to get the most out of this class, you have to switch/combo with different weapons, otherwise hero time gauge takes ages to fill.
    Last edited by Masu; Jul 27, 2017 at 04:53 AM.

Doesn't really matter if they get bored of it, if it's the best option they'll keep doing it. People played Summoner for an entire episode. If using TMG only is better than using all 3 weapons, then they'll use TMG only.