Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

They have Megiverse and 3-4 different Fornis weapons they can equip if they want to cheese something hard.

Oh god it looks like they have steroid injected versions of existing PAs i.e, Over End had a baby with Blade Dance from FFXIV and created that thing it used to kill Blu.

On a side note it looks like the Talis can "Mark" a part of an enemy. Either this is to teleport directly to it or it has some other function as well, maybe homing on the throwing attacks?

updated the first post with more info that was put out

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    That is not a stance. It's a fancier Katana Combat where if you end it you get a big burst move that's different depending on which weapon is currently out. Sword ender is a bunch of heavy-hitting slashes (overend on steroids), tmg ender is one big "Jackpot" shot. Talis ender is the ...orange Nagrants? hard to tell.

That "War Cry" isn't actually war cry, but one of the unused skills Hunter had in the datamine a long time ago. If it's still the same, it should boost gradual PP recovery by a % after activation.

Doesn't seem this class will have stances at all. This should nullify the TMG stance up ring
    That not-warcry sounds very nice. And I'm glad the tmg stance up right won't work cause it would screw up the balance instantly if you could just get a 30% stat boost for only one weapon. Hero should be fully balanced, not gunslash: the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Something I just noticed in the video: at ~1:04 it shows the max cap of Hero to be lv30. Does this mean we might have to complete a completely different set of COs to up its cap?
    Looks like it, considering Koffie's old lvl cap co counts for all classes>_<

Sega saying it's the first advance class is weird and worries me. I thought the first advanced classes were fi, gu and te? Either way, in light of the lvl 30 cap this statement sounds like Sega will mess up the game pretty hard. It's evident they are trying to emulate generic mmorpgs with first gathering/fishing and now generic fantasy and a total lack of the awesome, incredibly rare dual class system (also terrible generic enemy design with at least partially clone ais, the grim Reapers were just Luda Sorcers with a different model).
    That makes me worry Hero will work like advanced classes in many mmorpgs, endgame is all about those and early game classes are worthless.
    Then, wtf is gonna happen to regular class combos?

Quoting myself from the other thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    It's probably already said, but here's the notes I gathered through rapidly pausing/unpausing/playing video in slow motion.

Hero has a single skill that is vital to it's boss damage role. The skill it uses requires you to fill a gauge by attacking, I'll call it "gear", then activate the skill (1st on the subpalette). Doing this restores all your PP, not sure if it's due to a skill. It works like Katana Combat where it will gather damage you deal and then perform a finisher. All 3 finishers are shown in the video. You have a limited time (shown by the gear going down) to deal this damage before you either use finisher or it's gone. It has a pretty long recast, so every one has to count.
    You can tell that your gear is done charging because a star on the gear gauge lights up. Like Katana Combat, you have to press the skill button to use the finisher.

All weapons have 2 PAs that don't switch, and at least 2 PAs that switch.

Sword functions:
    Normal Attack: 4-hit combo, 3rd attack is double-slash.
    Weapon Action: Ki Bullet. Can be charged up to 2 stages. Stage 1 charge hits 32k on Vol head. Uses no PP. Likely to actually restore PP.
    Photon Arts:
    Wide Wave Slash charge PA that appears to have a JG/Counter function (might be skill). Performs 1 slash when charge starts and a second when unleashed. 10pp to "counter"and 20pp to unleash.
    Multi-Slash PA that ends with a downward slash. 10pp initiate, drains over time. Total ~35pp to do the full PA.
    *Charge forward stab PA that changes to Talis (weapon change has shown to be cancelled) 15pp.
    *PA that shoots a volley of Ki Bullets and switches to TMG.
    Finisher: Multiple wide slashes with large photon blade, ending in a downward slash dealing 89k crit.

TMG Functions:
    Weapon Action: Reload: spin for PP recovery. A single tap appears to go from 89 to 97 PP, One full spin goes from 74 to 90. using other videos as ref it's as fast as pp restorate 10 + PP convert 10. You can use Reload as a Just Reversal... in mid-air, too.
    Photon Arts:
    Multiple dodge/jump-shoot PA. Uses 25PP.
    Gun-Kata PA that does similar poses to Satellite Aim but shoots multiple times. 30pp.
    *PA that shoots rapidly forward similar to Dante's Honeycomb Fire/Rapid Shot. Switches to Talis. 20pp.
    *PA that rapidly flies to a target in the Messiah Time pose and fires a point blank blast. Switches to sword. 20pp.
    Finisher: Single blast that hit 49k on Quartz.

Talis Functions:
    Normal Attack: 3-hit combo of throws.
    Weapon Action: Charge, throw and warp. Throw itself seems to do damage (12k on Quartz)
    Photon Arts:
    Charge PA that Throws a talis that flies in circles like a boomerang. Charging seems to stop fall. 20pp.
    Charge PA that throws a flying shuriken-style 4-bladed windmill. Charging seems to stop fall. On hit, it multiplies itself into windmills of many sizes and zeros in on the hit point.
    *Unknown short PA/attack that spent 1pp and switched to TMG. Likely an "evasive" talis throw as Blake (male hero) does it while moving mid air vs Vol.
    *PA that charges forward (in the Barantsion pose, lol) and switches to sword.
    Finisher: Charges currently active talis into a wide flashing rapid-attack nuke that deals 36k multiple times. The boomerang circle seems to be a main/priority target for this.

As a side note, the skill on the 2nd slot of subpalette is a Warcry/Showtime like icon with the depiction of a monster on the lower left and a PP and an up arrow on the top right.

So fr,who's doing all stat affixes and what are you going for?
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    On mag stats:

HMZK said it can be any one of the three stats, IIRC.
    Basing on this, I think I'll stick to my old S-atk units.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    So fr,who's doing all stat affixes and what are you going for?
    Just going to reuse what I've been using on my SU.

I really hope ep 5 gives a soul we can affix normally can can be a substitute for astral or a significant boost to catalyst and astral affix rates. Cause it's gonna be hard making really good hero units without Astral Soul.

And according to the rumors on bumped each weapon has a specific pa that switches to a specific other weapon. Reminds me of switching stances on some characters in Soul Calibur..

Those aren't just rumours. It was visible in the stream that each weapon has weapon switch PAs. Look closely at the PA icons on the palette and you'll see circular arrows on them, color-coded to match the weapons that they switch to.