Page 36 of 127 FirstFirst ... 26333435363738394686 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I've been seeing a few people talking about using Step JA to Just Reload... But isn't it just as fast to tap normal attack and Just Reload from that?
    Yep i think same, it's only a bit slower.

It only costs 10 PP with a perfect craft though, right? Holding it down drains PP insanely fast, but if you just tap the button (to the point where you don't even see the ice effect), it still gives you a parry window for a whole second or so, and then you get a period of invincibility after actually guarding an attack. You can just tap to block, enjoy the invincibility, tap to block again, etc.
    Brightness End can do the same thing, but I completely forgot about nabarta to be honest, I'll have to try it out.

I've been seeing a few people talking about using Step JA to Just Reload... But isn't it just as fast to tap normal attack and Just Reload from that?
    Sometimes you want to already be moving or reload right after dodging. It's not really a huge deal, just convenient.

It only costs 10 PP with a perfect craft though, right? Holding it down drains PP insanely fast, but if you just tap the button (to the point where you don't even see the ice effect), it still gives you a parry window for a whole second or so, and then you get a period of invincibility after actually guarding an attack. You can just tap to block, enjoy the invincibility, tap to block again, etc.
    I am aware of its mechanics, but for the classes it was initially meant to be used by, it is difficult to justify using this move over any other tech that you just happened to be charging at that moment with tech charge parry ring. The niche this tech appeared to be created for is extended/timeable invulnerability at the cost of PP, but it does not do that particularly well.

Step JA -> reload seemed faster to me, but even if it weren't, the ability to reload directly after a dodge is pretty useful in many situations.

What kind of damage does the talis do? Is it T-ATK based striking damage, like Wand Gear and jet boots? Or is it actually tech damage, or what?

I think it's just tech like pets.

People probably have already found out but it seems like all the weapons have a way to go about the same speed in just terms of movement:

Sword: Dash->Attack->Dash etc...

TMG: As mentioned earlier and probably most obvious one Final Storm -> Reload -> Final Storm etc...

Talis: Dive Bullet->DiveBullet->DiveBullet etc...

Are all about the same speed. The obvious Final Storm is probably the one i'll end up doing the most since you can even gain PP but it was nice to see the other weapons could have some movement options.

Talis Action is faster but can get caught on stuff, probably good on long straightaways but you can still make sharp turns with it. Might just not be used to it yet and if the others damage is negligible I could use it more.

Flash Trick spamming for Sword seems faster than all of those but costs 15 PP each time.

Hero's dash using a sword is so fast that triple/quad dashing seems comparable to using Flash Trick. Spamming Dive Bullet seems like it would be way slower than teleporting though.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LancerFate View Post
    A note about Brand New Star swiki says its also have power bonus if used like hero counter after step (you need actually avoid attack with step to have effect).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Oh, I need to test that. I saw them showing it off in the videos.
    It's 2x damage as far as I know.
    I believe I saw normal BrandNewStar headshot on SH Gryphon gave 10k/hit, and if it activates from counter, it went 20k/hit (Lv1 HeroCounter).

Also, if I try playing it like Bo(?) .... non-charge Zanverse/Megiverse - BrandNewStar (or other PA) ...... cost a bit more time, but I wonder if it counts for ComboGearUp.

Edit :
    A bit funny to see stats screen when using Tmg as Hero (at least for me )
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by final_attack; Jul 27, 2017 at 08:26 PM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

So if I'm reading the JP wiki right... sword normals have more DPS than the PAs? Am I missing something?

So if I'm reading the JP wiki right... sword normals have more DPS than the PAs? Am I missing something?
    Even if it's not intentional Normals don't build up the Hero gear so there's that.