Page 77 of 127 FirstFirst ... 27677475767778798087 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    It's faster to cast Shifta and press shift for a split second on TMGs for net positive PP than it is to swap to boots, do half a second of flipping, half a second of crashing, wait another second for your Shifta ticks to finish, swap back and end up with net negative PP anyway.
    Unless you're in a buster or a PSE burst, you probably will often have something other than TMGs out, so you would need to switch either way. Also, you definitely do not need to wait for your shifta ticks to finish when you use boots, your shifta doesn't go away on weapon switch when cast like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagonsa View Post
    Unless you're in a buster or a PSE burst, you probably will often have something other than TMGs out, so you would need to switch either way. Also, you definitely do not need to wait for your shifta ticks to finish when you use boots, your shifta doesn't go away on weapon switch when cast like that.
    "Probably have something other than TMGs out, so you would need to switch either way." Oh, you mean like not having shifta boots out? So you would have to weapon swap anyway unless you were using Hero with TMGs in those situations. For straightline mobbing, which with both situations you gave, it seems like you should be using TMGs anyways. I could be very wrong on that though. I want to say you're right about the after cast from strike gust, but.. You could just reload and attack with TMGs at that point. What are your boots doing any better for you? Anyway you stab it, it doesn't make sense to use those boots.

Agree no boots it's fine just use shifta from pallets, boots for shifta was good only for classes with no access to techs.
    “Even If you’ve only got a 1% chance of winning, but you convince yourself you’re gonna lose, that 1% becomes 0%.” – Lina Inverse

Just cast uncharged shifta. Besides the following JA is more useful than switching boots even though situational, which charged shifta has the advantage.
    Switching to Jet Boots is slow as hell (as the fully charged shifta itself) when it comes to full speed Hero class like this.

My experience using Hero day 1 with that JB shifta when many still believe a Hero can't use it, it's not as beneficial as it seems so I switched to normal shifta after leveling up around lv 75.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Aug 29, 2017 at 12:52 AM.

Shifta boots had one use for me:
    Being sold off for 10mil meseta before Hr came out. Don't need em. Don't miss em.

So what's the sword combo that you guys use most often?
    Japanese player are still seems to be discussing the optimal combo~

But Most basic one is
    Rising Slash -> Rising Slash -> Normal attack 3 -> Energy blast
    and
    Normal Slash 1 - Rising Slash - Normal attack 3

There seems to be some people looking into Vapor bullet combo

Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

What is the best way for affixing Hero's units, a basic 5 slots assuming i can't astral soul or ether factor ? I will use an Austere set + qliphad leg (i don't feel Hero need extra skill ring)

I think of a thing like this : Ares the soul + modulator + doom breaker + ability 3 + Noble power

S-ATK (+115)
    R-ATK (+85)
    T-ATK (+85)

I mainly use sword so i feel it's a mistake and a full s-atk affix should be better ...
    But i don't play Hero on serious content yet, still leveling, so i don't know how TMG and Talis is important ...
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    So what's the sword combo that you guys use most often?
    Japanese player are still seems to be discussing the optimal combo~

But Most basic one is
    Rising Slash -> Rising Slash -> Normal attack 3 -> Energy blast
    and
    Normal Slash 1 - Rising Slash - Normal attack 3

There seems to be some people looking into Vapor bullet combo

vapor vapor normal3 and rising finish rising finish normal3 are the best ones atm. vapor vapor 3 for stuff that is mobile, rising finish rising finish 3 for smaller hitboxes or ones you want to stay in position for (e.g. pd parts).

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanaticViper View Post
    What is the best way for affixing Hero's units, a basic 5 slots assuming i can't astral soul or ether factor ? I will use an Austere set + qliphad leg (i don't feel Hero need extra skill ring)

I think of a thing like this : Ares the soul + modulator + doom breaker + ability 3 + Noble power

S-ATK (+115)
    R-ATK (+85)
    T-ATK (+85)

I mainly use sword so i feel it's a mistake and a full s-atk affix should be better ...
    But i don't play Hero on serious content yet, still leveling, so i don't know how TMG and Talis is important ...
    talis is your bread and butter weapon for dps'ing while quickly stacking hero gear. tmg is mostly a ranged tool that sees the most use in buster quest for now. hybrid units are a good investment for the class atm since at least 2 of the 3 weapons are used often.

recommended skill rings are step jump, step JA combo, jumping dodge, air reversal; 3 12* units is highly advised.
    Last edited by milranduil; Aug 29, 2017 at 08:56 AM.

S-ATK (+115)
    R-ATK (+85)
    T-ATK (+85)

You will be fine, every XH MPA is over so quick these days that I'm beginning to wish more leechers existed.

S-ATK (+115)
    R-ATK (+85)
    T-ATK (+85)

I'm running the same unit set, and with affixes slightly below yours. I'd say it's probably fine for now since, as you've said, we don't have any extra rings as Hero yet. I too feel the current L ring selection is mostly for convenience.

Talis, as others have mentioned, is for building gear, and the finisher is good too since it lets you keep attacking. I personally only use TMG on EQ bosses for its finisher, and that's because the finisher is a single hit attack that does not take as long as the others to deal its full damage. It's useful in the game's current state because the Talis and Sword finishers' multiple hits have a chance of whiffing when people dealing buttloads of damage forces the boss to back off very quickly.