Page 122 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2272112119120121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1263

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Really disappointed in this mechanic because without the cd the only real improvement is being able to restore 10% of hr boost with a counter.
    Especially with lag (feels like it's really common again nowadays) you get hit more than once all the time and in UH taking a ton of a damage happens a lot as well so reducing the amount of hr boost lost to 30% made little difference.

I'ma tell Sega next survey to give us a cd and to just halve the current amount of Hr boost, i.e. if you lose it at 60% you go down to 30% and then if you get hit again after the cd it's 15% (tho probably more like 17.5% cause of the boost gain during cd) and if you get hit at like 46% hr boost you go down to 23%.
    I think this way it would really take the edge of losing hr boost and it's still a big penalty but not like you lose all of it at once or within a really short time just cause several enemies charge at you from off screen.
    i wish i knew these struggles to truly complain to Sega about Hero Boost loss because I dont get how people struggle with upkeep still but i can agree with Mil, not exactly a perfect mechanic but you learn to work around it
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    as it has been said since ep5 release, lag is not the reason you get hit more than once. hero, and particularly phantom, step i-frames are just short and you need to know when to step with a specific directional input in order to not get hit by the same attack you dodged (e.g. gruzoras laser sweeping from left to right, you need to step towards then left then attack in order to not get hit by the beam). while i will hastily agree with anyone that this is a shit mechanic, sega has never seemed to give a fuck, so it's best to learn how to adapt to that rather than blame it on lag.
    Lag is the same issue as ever, seeing on your screen too late when an enemy attacks you and if the lag is especially bad you see the attack after taking damage or even take damage from empty air.
    Lag is also what makes enemies teleport on your screen, you see the boss somewhere else attacking some other players and then suddenly it's right next to you.

Also, how is losing hr boost trivial if you still lose 30% when getting hit the first time and lose 45% from getting hit twice?
    The cd is important to make the mechanic even worth anything cause like others mentioned as well, right now without cd you can still lose the full hr boost virtually instantly.
    What I suggested is giving players a bit of leeway instead of a mechanic that makes barely any difference.
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; Oct 23, 2019 at 09:36 AM.

Lag is the same issue as ever, seeing on your screen too late when an enemy attacks you and if the lag is especially bad you see the attack after taking damage or even take damage from empty air.
    Lag is also what makes enemies teleport on your screen, you see the boss somewhere else attacking some other players and then suddenly it's right next to you.

Also, how is losing hr boost trivial if you still lose 30% when getting hit the first time and lose 45% from getting hit twice?
    The cd is important to make the mechanic even worth anything cause like others mentioned as well, right now without cd you can still lose the full hr boost virtually instantly.
    What I suggested is giving players a bit of leeway instead of a mechanic that makes barely any difference.
    But it does make a difference. You would have to lose 40% of your max hp to have it proc twice. Getting hit for like 39% of your hp won't trigger it again. I'm not even sure if losing 40% of your hp in a single hit would cause it to proc twice. Not to mention you're completely overlooking the fact that you can build it back up faster now with counters.

EDIT: just to clean up what I meant, you lose damage when you take a total amount of damage equal to 20% of your max hp within 20 seconds, NOT when your hp drops below 20%. this means that, even without a cooldown it's a net gain, because it already worked like that, the only difference was that you would always lose the entire bonus every time it proc'd. It won't proc again until you take another 20% of your max hp in damage. taking 20% of your hp in damage then getting hit once for like 5% isn't going to cause it to proc twice.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Oct 23, 2019 at 05:51 PM.

all that ping does in this case regarding combat is the damage number shows up later. the combat itself is client side, you can block an attack that's coming your way no matter what your ping is. what you are saying does not happen, it just means you are getting hit by something off-screen or simply aren't paying attention...
    lag can cause this sometime, but the vast majority of the time is because of area host. whoever loads an area first, the mobs/boss will always be in the location of the area based on what that person sees. this will cause enemies to regularly rubber band as the server tries to update their position but failing to do so correctly.

Hey guys sorry to resurrect this thread.

Anyways the last time I played the game was shortly after SU came out and decided to pick it up again since successors sounded cool. I started out as etoile, but decided to give hero a shot. My question is what do you guys use for mobbing? I have been using brightness end, but it feels like its to much PP for the damage. Is mobbing just an inherent weakness of the class?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerolimit View Post

Anyways the last time I played the game was shortly after SU came out and decided to pick it up again since successors sounded cool. I started out as etoile, but decided to give hero a shot. My question is what do you guys use for mobbing? I have been using brightness end, but it feels like its to much PP for the damage. Is mobbing just an inherent weakness of the class?
    Brightness End, Sword Shift Action shots and Sword normals are basically your mobbing go-to's, ya you can use TMG's but its not nearly as sufficient as using Sword. Talis is single target so sorta no go
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

You can use Gigrants-0 on talis if you really wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerolimit View Post
    I'm pretty sure the class threads are fair targets for thread necros.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

I'll be editing the OP within the next 2 weeks to try and match it with the same look as the Etoile thread and with more update to date info (gear, build etc)
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Mar 16, 2020 at 03:27 PM.
    PSO2 NGS

Hero Boost being maxed at the start of a quest nowadays is pretty nice.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.