Page 111 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1161101108109110111112113114121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1263

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    BNS is the tmg hero PA that benefits from counter right?
    Problem is most (euphemism) BNS spammer do NOT BNS counter, they just... BNS ad nauseam whatever target is. Also I don't know if it's specific to me but having one in 90% of pugs just work on my nerves like crazy because of PA sound itself, to the point sometimes I'm forced to leave if I want to keep my sanity at decent level (speaking mostly of E. Forest farm)

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    nothing worse than a TMG Hero main man aka what im seeing in Magatsu boost right now. tired of seeing nothing but BNS spammed when you could be using the other weapons together for optimal DPS. nah i'll stay low on the DPS list with BNS spam
    Well, still depends on available equipments and personal skill / preference for each player ....
    And might not be seeing the dps chart on wiki or somewhere, considering 1 hit of BNS is pretty big (around +20%, I think, compared to Moment of Trick), it might give illusion of better PA to use.

And in case of Magatsu or any other single raid boss, yea, I think it's not really good if only using BNS.
    Still need to use other weapons to fill gear for sure ..... but, when gear doesn't matter, could be using Moment of Trick for spam instead (about 25% more dps and 15% better PP efficiency)
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    BNS is the tmg hero PA that benefits from counter right?
    Yep. Brand New Star .....
    Last edited by final_attack; Aug 26, 2018 at 07:58 AM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

updated weapon DPS links since the guy who posted the DPS checks doesnt have a twitter account anymore so his posts became un-viewable (which I should have downloaded the clips), replaced with youtube vids until for whatever reason those are gone

wait, i donīt undestand that, BNS benefict from counter how so?

if i counter + normal then that animation is the BNS you talk about?, or is after countering then using BNS get a damage boost?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsHawk View Post
    wait, i donīt undestand that, BNS benefict from counter how so?

if i counter + normal then that animation is the BNS you talk about?, or is after countering then using BNS get a damage boost?
    if you evade an attack with a step and use BNS instead of a normal, that BNS will be 2.5X stronger and fully invincible

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Just want to see what the general opinion is on hero boost these days.

Starting with my post on another thread:

What's everyone else's thoughts on this?
    Besides demonia, the other best way to mitigate it is go full rappy shine and izanes on your units. Not like Hero needs much max pp anyway.

I don't dislike the punishing nature of losing hero boost (It is supposed to be an "expert" class after all, despite everything that's happened on its release) but the weapon swap boost someone else mentioned would be a satisfactory thing to siphon some power from hero boost into.

Quote Originally Posted by KatsuraJun View Post
    Besides demonia, the other best way to mitigate it is go full rappy shine and izanes on your units. Not like Hero needs much max pp anyway.

I don't dislike the punishing nature of losing hero boost (It is supposed to be an "expert" class after all, despite everything that's happened on its release) but the weapon swap boost someone else mentioned would be a satisfactory thing to siphon some power from hero boost into.
    I wouldn't mind a skill that would recover hero boost power for countering on top of moving some of that % somewhere else.

Something should be done about that skill being the way it is before any and all weapon potentials that involve making hero boost tolerable become the be-all, end-all like EPD, and that S4 was for Fo.

To me, the punishing nature of Hero boost with 0 ways to mitigate it outside of Hero time every 2 minutes, and demonia when other class' damage is where it is right now shouldn't be a thing. The idea that my Braver, PA for PA, can just about match my Hr without losing up to 1/3rd of its damage for much of the time after being blindsided is silly.

Does Hr really NEED to be punished in such a way to keep it balanced? I'd have to disagree. It would be one thing if Hr's consistent output was that much higher that other classes', but that's obviously not the case anymore even if the full 60% multiplier from Hr boost is active.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Oct 26, 2018 at 04:59 AM.

It's not about balance, I just think that thematically speaking, the idea that Hero being a flashy class with flashy moves that relies on perfectly dodging to stay at peak power is thematically probably what it was intended to be from the start. Siphoning power into other things like counters and weapon swapping is fine because they are also linked to the whole stylish and skillful theme, I just don't it should be removed outright or made irrelevant to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by KatsuraJun View Post
    Siphoning power into other things like counters and weapon swapping is fine because they are also linked to the whole stylish and skillful theme, I just don't it should be removed outright or made irrelevant to maintain.
    I agree.
    We're just in the opposite extreme at the moment where it has too much power on itself, and a lack of options to maintain it.

It's why it almost feels like demonia or nothing, and I've got little interest in austere NT's hype because of it.
    Hence my comparison to the ele conversion situation; if that didn't get changed, it would be EPD/Val or nothing, and Forces would probably be semi-ignoring austere NT too if all it amounted to was a slightly bigger number stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    I agree.
    We're just in the opposite extreme at the moment where it has too much power on itself, and a lack of options to maintain it.

It's why it almost feels like demonia or nothing, and I've got little interest in austere NT's hype because of it.
    Hence my comparison to the ele conversion situation; if that didn't get changed, it would be EPD/Val or nothing, and Forces would probably be semi-ignoring austere NT too if all it amounted to was a slightly bigger number stick.
    if your lucky and have one Demonia, you could always swap to it for a bit and get the full dmg build up quick then swap back to your main wep. i dont like the HB punishment either but its a pain in the ass either way, which is why I picked up Demonia sword with Crests and can stop using my Talis as a HB battery and TMGs not being Demonia will forever be PP recov battery and counter HT gauge build up for certain situations.

as for FO, like you said, once we see Austere stats, that will either be best rod up there or with Ares NT but slightly stronger. I find myself using a bossing Rod and Ares NT as a mobbing stick now a days tho
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Oct 30, 2018 at 07:58 PM.