Page 114 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1464104111112113114115116117124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1263

Quote Originally Posted by Zarixx View Post
    So. Given that the max cap for Damage Variance on enemies / bosses still remains to be 90% of your maximum possible damage, why exactly are people still memeing about Critical Rate being useless and not recommending the Critical Strike Striking ring for Hero, given the fact that it pairs very well with Weak Attack Critical, it's 3% more Crit DMG, and Critting by default does 100% of your damage instead of 90%?

I remember a week or so ago, some one was giving advice on what R Rings to use for Hero on the subreddit including the Crit Ring, only for some one else to come in and start spreading misinformation saying that your actual variance is 98%, therefore making the Crit Ring less of a DPS increase over the Perfect Keeper ring.
    if Heros wp crit skill didnt require me to hit a weakspot constantly for 60% crit I would do a crit build around it but im still not going to do it because its super fickle on where it will come handy the most (like Raid boss wp's) so I'm still sticking to Adrenaline ring over Crit/PK rings because it just works too good.

with what I said about it above, its essentially a meme that requires you to hit wp's for the crit so for example when mobbing, you arent always going to be hitting everythings wp especially with Brightness End spam, etc. That said though I still maxed it out because extra SP but im by no means ever going to do a Crit Build on HR for a class that isnt consistent like GU, BR or FI's Crit rates
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

So. Given that the max cap for Damage Variance on enemies / bosses still remains to be 90% of your maximum possible damage, why exactly are people still memeing about Critical Rate being useless and not recommending the Critical Strike Striking ring for Hero, given the fact that it pairs very well with Weak Attack Critical, it's 3% more Crit DMG, and Critting by default does 100% of your damage instead of 90%?

I remember a week or so ago, some one was giving advice on what R Rings to use for Hero on the subreddit including the Crit Ring, only for some one else to come in and start spreading misinformation saying that your actual variance is 98%, therefore making the Crit Ring less of a DPS increase over the Perfect Keeper ring.
    Well, if you're using sword, weakspot can be a bit of problem ..... Tmg user tho, they can hit weakspot (headshot) relatively easier ..... even when mobbing.

Though I'm personally using CriticalRing since I share same weapon with GuHu (critical damage SSA, so, I must boost CritRate) .... and my Sword and Talis is just Mother's (☆13Astra, APPR one, and only +60 Atk affix ... or maybe default from CollectionFile, I forgot)
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Because you think you know how variance works so well, let me tell you something that will instantly prove you wrong.

Go attack something barehanded. Anything. It doesn’t matter what you attack and how. You will do the exact same damage every single time. You will only ever get variance when you equip a weapon. And it’s STILL not as big as you think it is.

Heck, you can go equip a 1 star weapon and you will see the variance being literally miniscule.

You can even read it here: https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%...AE%97#udced05d

Stop spreading misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Because you think you know how variance works so well, let me tell you something that will instantly prove you wrong.

Go attack something barehanded. Anything. It doesn’t matter what you attack and how. You will do the exact same damage every single time. You will only ever get variance when you equip a weapon. And it’s STILL not as big as you think it is.

Heck, you can go equip a 1 star weapon and you will see the variance being literally miniscule.

You can even read it here: https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%...AE%97#udced05d

glad you pointed this out because i didnt want to since well the link you put pretty much explains it
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post

Oh cool. So you link the same exact Swiki page that got you issued a 3 day suspension on reddit for misinformation, given that it even specifically mentions how much DEX is necessary for enemy levels to deal max damage variance up to 90%.

Man. You Americans are a special kind of stupid, let me tell you. It's no wonder y'all have no capability of touching world first content in MMOs, or in the case of PSO2, being acknowledged by the Parsing community we on the JP side keep track of.

Oh cool. So you link the same exact Swiki page that got you issued a 3 day suspension on reddit for misinformation, given that it even specifically mentions how much DEX is necessary for enemy levels to deal max damage variance up to 90%.

Man. You Americans are a special kind of stupid, let me tell you. It's no wonder y'all have no capability of touching world first content in MMOs, or in the case of PSO2, being acknowledged by the Parsing community we on the JP side keep track of.
    dex only is necessary when you are NOT using a rare weapon, you know all relevant gear? you can go record yourself playing and you will find the same results he showed. dmg calc also reflects the same results. swiki also reflects the same results.

swiki has numerous small errors on some of its more recent pages. how dmg works is not one of them, and it's easy to confirm through tests.

EDIT: to prove a point, here is a detailed explanation on how minimum damage works

most of the text is for craft weapons and non-rare weps. for regular rare weapons, it is quite simple, you use 90% of the base attack when calculating minimum damage. the reason a 10% loss in attack does NOT translate to 10% loss in damage is because you have attack from other sources e.g. base (increase by team tree, shifta drink, shifta), units, unit affixes, timed abilities, food, rings, PSE. let's use 5000 total attack with a 2200 base attack weapon as an example. 10% * 2200 = 220, 220/5000 = is 4.4% variance, or 95.6% base dmg. i just tested it myself, and the results match this range using brightness end on 50 mobs with the same def and attribute mults.
    Last edited by milranduil; Mar 25, 2019 at 12:10 PM.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

as we get weapons with higher amounts of atk on them, I assume that 10% weapon atk variance is going to wind up being more of a meaningful thing to have to negate with critical rate

heck I could go as far as to say that the elemental damage modifier applying to the atk non-tech damage uses might start to become pretty meaningful eventually too; maybe not to pierce through enemy def, but to get more atk to apply your multipliers to in order to burn through these massive walls of HP they are pitting us against
    Last edited by Zorak000; Mar 25, 2019 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    as we get weapons with higher amounts of atk on them, I assume that 10% weapon atk variance is going to wind up being more of a meaningful thing to have to negate with critical rate

heck I could go as far as to say that the elemental damage modifier applying to the atk non-tech damage uses might start to become pretty meaningful eventually too; maybe not to pierce through enemy def, but to get more atk to apply your multipliers to in order to burn through these massive walls of HP they are pitting us against
    you're forgetting that we also have higher base attack than we used to, and higher potential affixes. if the elemental attribute applied to the 90% minimum attack too, then it would mean a few more % down, but after the test i just did, the only variance is the weapon's base atk used to calculate damage. you still get the full 60% additional attack regardless of variance.

a 3 day suspension on reddit
    You’re cute. So you think i got a 3 day suspension because i don’t stalk the subreddit and type every moment. Keep telling yourself that bud.

In any case, come back when you actually test what i told you to test.

Chiming in to add on that Dex not an important factor for rare weapons and that rare weapons that are non-crafted, not red or blue, and not invade ot or 13* val series, are auto boosted to 90% min damage.

For crafted/extended weapons that are at the highest tier of extension, the minimum damage is boosted to 80% iirc. That one im not too sure on since it's been ages since i fucked around with extended weapons.