Page 51 of 127 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LancerFate View Post
    Critical Strike R ring is also 3%
    Yes but it gives 20% crit chance which equals 1% damage.

What is capable of more dps assuming equal affixes, and weakpoint access? Talis or TMG?

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    What is capable of more dps assuming equal affixes, and weakpoint access? Talis or TMG?
    Well its really depends on which weakpoint and time of access,HS weakpoints TMG wins, if its Deus Esca core Talis wins, on PD assuming its have basic 1.2 strike modifier Sword is good with counters, good dpp skills + burst on core with stage 2 charged weapon action.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    It's not that. In the link provided, try changing dex of either the enemy or the player - the damage won't be affected. Damage variation will be affected by dex only if you lower rarity to something that doesn't have a 90-100% base.
    i misread swiki. the 90-100% thing is the variation in your attack power that factors to damage, not a damage multiplier itself. the minimum possible damage you can deal uses 90% of your weapons attack which does not necessarily translate to 90% of your max, it's closer to roughly 95-97% or so (depends on your base attack and units/affixes). that's why you see much smaller variation. the only way 90% of your weapons attack would translate to a 10% damage variance would be if you had 0 base attack and no units.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    Yes but it gives 20% crit chance which equals 1% damage.
    that's not how that works. assuming a damage variance between 96% and 100%, your average damage would go from 98% to 98.4% with +20% crit chance which is a 0.4% damage increase, not 1%. if damage variance was from 90% to 100%, then yes it'd be closer to 1%, but it's not (read above response).
    Last edited by milranduil; Aug 2, 2017 at 05:21 PM.

I think without headshot bonus, Talis should come before TMG on stunned enemies with all else being equal. TMG would definitely win against a constantly attacking enemy though, since it would both make aiming the talis more difficult (e.g. you either move out of the enemy's range or lose dps by staying mobile) and give access to counter Brand New Star. Wise Hound and Jet Wheel should still be used when applicable either way.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    i misread swiki. the 90-100% thing is the variation in your attack power that factors to damage, not a damage multiplier itself. the minimum possible damage you can deal uses 90% of your weapons attack which does not necessarily translate to 90% of your max, it's closer to roughly 95-97% or so (depends on your base attack and units/affixes). that's why you see much smaller variation. the only way 90% of your weapons attack would translate to a 10% damage variance would be if you had 0 base attack and no units.
    That makes a lot more sense. That explains the results on the damage calculator then. In that case, I again don't think Weak Attack Critical is really worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    i misread swiki. the 90-100% thing is the variation in your attack power that factors to damage, not a damage multiplier itself.
    I see now it makes sense i also thought it's a total damage modifier not for weapon itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    That makes a lot more sense. That explains the results on the damage calculator then. In that case, I again don't think Weak Attack Critical is really worth it...
    Well yes, then again there not much to choose from xD

Yeah, if it's 90-100% of weapon damage variation then WAC is much worse than it initially appeared. Unless you have a weapon with +damage on crits - I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Yeah, if it's 90-100% of weapon damage variation then WAC is much worse than it initially appeared. Unless you have a weapon with +damage on crits - I don't.
    But what if you just really like blue numbers?

as a side note, am i the only one who noticed that rising slash looks deadly similar to Ike´s Aether attack from Fire emblem/super smash bross? XP

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif