Page 72 of 127 FirstFirst ... 22626970717273747582122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    You could always go ares all atk hp izanes plus a purely HP affixed set of qliph weapons LOL
    Izane units don't exactly grow on trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Izane units don't exactly grow on trees.
    They do if you dont want them

;__;
    Spoiler!

Finally got my comp fixed, and can finally start playing this class. Just like to clarify some of the info I gathered from the thread and my very limited time playing the class.

From what I gathered, Sword seems to be main weapon, Talis is secondary weapon.
    TMG mostly just for PP battery and occasionally BNS because sword basically does everything else more effectively with shifts and normals yea?

Mobbing is mostly just sword normals, shifts, Brightness End and Vapor Bullet, bossing is just Vapor Bullet, with the occasional Talis switches for lingering PA to build gear faster yea?

Did I miss out on anything, or misunderstand anything?

Mech guns are mainly for the range, but In a situation where you're countering a lot and aren't specifically trying to build gear, TMG are the best option because the counter version of Brand New Star does tons of damage. Also, if the enemies can be headshot, unless they're spread out too much, Brand new star is more pp efficient than spamming Brightness End.

Talis has the highest single target DPS using Racer Edge. You can also do 2 racer edges then the last normal for slightly less dps, but more pp efficient.

With sword, you can do two vapor bullets, or 2 rising slashes and then the last sword normal for better pp efficiency without losing DPS.

In any case, it's important to mix up your attacks for gear gain.

EDIT: Talis supposedly has the strongest hero finish too, especially if you switch to a weapon with higher attack mid finish, since the hero finish for it changes to use the atk of whatever weapon you're using.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 21, 2017 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    They do if you dont want them

;__;
    Can confirm. Don't even know what to do with my set.

Personally I'm using the effort symbol ring. That said you don't need pure HP affixes to reach a respectable amount on a character, and if you are using qlip weapons it is even easier to reach a good threshold in everything...

I'm just giving you a reason as to why someone might use the HP restore ring. You can either take that reason or leave it. There are still a lot of players who honestly don't care about making a ring for every class for an extremely small advantage and could just be moving that ring between each class/character of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    EDIT: Talis supposedly has the strongest hero finish too, especially if you switch to a weapon with higher attack mid finish, since the hero finish for it changes to use the atk of whatever weapon you're using.
    oh? so If i switch to my sword mid finish for example which is higher in attack, the finish will be stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by rashoood View Post
    oh? so If i switch to my sword mid finish for example which is higher in attack, the finish will be stronger?
    supposedly. I haven't really had the chance to test it well. I know the other Talis PAs work that way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    I just use PK striking. Talis PAs aren't techs, and appear to be striking type attacks that gain damage from the PK striking ring.

I'm also not fond about % damage reduction for the sake of preserving hero boost. I have 1k hp, and i don't even bother putting in points into flash guard anymore; It just didn't make an obvious enough change in practice. Hits in the lower 200s would stop breaking the boost, but hits for 300-400 or higher will continue to do so.

Just my opinion, but it feels like the low amount of damage reduction % requires me messing up, and getting hit by specific attacks, for a specific amount of damage for me to say 'flash guard just saved my hero boost'. Otherwise, I wouldn't notice it's doing anything. Maybe if I had firesword affixes, and If 20% of my max HP was a decent amount, probably...
    Thanks for your input!

-

Does the sword weapon action have just guard built in? I swore was able to block an attack with it somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoNovember View Post
    Thanks for your input!

-

Does the sword weapon action have just guard built in? I swore was able to block an attack with it somehow...
    For a bit after firing stage 1/2 charged attack.