Default Affixing Help (How to mix soul with Ether Factor)

I've recently think that it is time to upgrade my old double set with the new Deus units, since I only change unit set very rarely (I think only twice in my whole 4 years of PSO2) I though I have to make it future proof this time again.

I set my sights on:
    Apprentice Soul/Anga Soul/Astral Soul
    Modulator/Vinculum
    Doom Break (thank god they are cheap now)
    Ether Factor
    Ability III/Mutation II
    Elegant Stamina/Offense Boost.

What confuses me is how to include a Soul with Ether Factor knowing Ether factor eats 5 slots on its own already (ether soul + 4 ether catalyst) so that leaves it with one unit affix slot while transfering soul requires 3, or 2 with soul receptor.

Does that mean I have to do the ether catalyst with Soul on it as a fodder?

A little help please, it's the reason I only did it twice as it confuses the hell out of me.

Lets just focus on the affixing and not the cost, I have enough meseta to cover for that.

Thanks.

To free up some affixing spots, you can affix Ether Soul and Factor Catalyst on the same fodder but in return you'll get a nightmarish double 10% base affix rate.
    I've been there, it's not pretty.

Other than that, as you suggested, it means you'll have to try your luck and put the soul you want to affix on the factor catalyst fodders.

Also, Astral Soul is theoretically possible but it's very very hard since you cannot have both Soul Catalyst and Factor Catalyst on your fodders so you would have to rely on Astal Soul + Soul Receptor which gives it only 10% chance of passing for the final affix.

Here's a possible combination for the affix:
    http://pso2affix.seilent.net/#!/s=RP...FA03&o=A06.B14

I haven't put much time on it so it's improvable, I'm sure.
    Careful, though, it really won't come cheap with modulator in the mix.
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Oh wow, thanks for the input, the doulbe ether soul/factor catalyst didn't cross my mind but yeah...that rate though.

I was wondering if there is another work around involving soul receptor?

I did thinking with Astral Soul but as you said, it requires you to have one already and the maximum theoretical rate is 60% which is something I am not really fond of.

For the modulator, would it be better if I use Apprentice soul to boost it?

If by "workaround with soul receptor" you meant affixing Ether Soul + Factor Catalyst together by using a Soul Receptor then yes, it will work but you can only do it on the transfer, not the creation of Ether Soul.

And no, using Apprentice Soul for Modulator doesn't help you cut the costs.
    2x Modulator = 30%
    3x Modulator = 80%
    Apprentice Soul + 2x Modulator = 40%
    Apprentice Soul + 3x Modulator = 90%
    So any way, you need 3x Modulator to have 100% with a boost.

Ah thanks for the reply, I guess I will stick to Anga and Vinculum then.

Also, would it be possible if you can give me the quick run down on how to make those final fodders?

Factor Catalyst + Doom Break/Soul

And if Ability III is worth swapping for All Resist III

Sorry if I have so much question...this whole affixing is just so confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by AirinMikune View Post
    Ah thanks for the reply, I guess I will stick to Anga and Vinculum then.

Also, would it be possible if you can give me the quick run down on how to make those final fodders?

Factor Catalyst + Doom Break/Soul

And if Ability III is worth swapping for All Resist III

Sorry if I have so much question...this whole affixing is just so confusing.
    Doom Break is 100% 80% Affix chance by default if you have three copies. Your best bet would be to affix Doom Break and Factor Catalyst components (Yamato Factor, Mother Factor, Deus Factor) on three Units (Upslotting, of course), then combine them. Note that you would have to do this three times to make three Doom Breaks. The Doom Break isn't really the problem, since it's the Factor Catalyst you have to worry about. If you whiff the affix chance, you'll have to make new fodder fodder, which is not particularly hard, but does chew through your money the more you have to spend on getting Factor Catalyst to affix properly.

EDIT: Apparently, I can't remember affix rates off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Altiea; Jun 9, 2017 at 04:21 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Doom Break is 100% Affix chance by default if you have three copies.
    This is wrong. It's 80% base chance with 3 copies.

Upslotting from 5 to 6 is right though but outside of a boost week, the chances are low because of the upslot penalty.
    It's doable with patience, I have done 6 slots Astral Soul on units outside of boost weeks but factor in that you're going to fail sometimes.

Upslotting is the best course of action because of the gap in price between 5 and 6 slots on the market.
    If you find some 6 slots material that is cheap, do it directly in 6s but that's rare.

Your typical fodder will look like this:
    http://pso2affix.seilent.net/#!/s=TG...C01.ZD01&o=A06

(Replace Doom Break by whatever fodder your preparing)

Again, be patient and I suggest you amass a lot of Deus + Mother Factors now and WAIT until July to do your affix because with Yamato's return, there will be Yamato Factors on the market that will be buyable much cheaper than today.

Thanks a lot for the input, affixing is making a lot of sense now haha.

Laplace demon is a god send because of doom break + full vegas/to oh soul so its easier to make them ether soul/factor catalyst/doom break fodder

And yes, I do have about 500 5-6 slots deus/doom break stock up just in case OwO
    Kinda late with hoarding mother though and anga soul.

Hopefully in the ep3 week they have anga in the LQ >.<

With Astra Soul's components readily available (elder/persona currently) is it worth to chase it?