Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    One-handed Swords. I'm love.
    I think there's still some two-handed animations but a Hero class character is simply treated as being so monstrously strong (befitting of an upper-tier class) that they can swing around a great sword with one hand faster than a Hunter... and can apparently counter attack on a JG like a Braver.

So... What's stopping a Hero from using a Lind Cray sword to get the +20% damage from Sacrifice Bite?

Actually kinda wondering what would happen if you gave Dragon Slayer to Hero.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

I think people are going to stumble around with this one. How many players can say they play all three weapon types with finesse? And how many players are affixed for hybrid offense? I'm sure a lot of people will play hero but how many will be good at it? Personally I think very few.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asellus View Post
    I think people are going to stumble around with this one. How many players can say they play all three weapon types with finesse? And how many players are affixed for hybrid offense? I'm sure a lot of people will play hero but how many will be good at it? Personally I think very few.
    Seeing the only classes I pretty much like in PSO2 are Gu, Hu, and Fo, it seems like a match made in heaven for me.
    But yeah my gear isn't prepared for it whatsoever.

Wait, was it confirmed that Heroes can use regular Swords, TMGs and Talis? I was under the impression that Heroes get their own weapons just like other classes and that Hero weapons are a transforming weapon which would explain how the class could seamlessly transition between weapons during combos without suffering weapon change lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Asellus View Post
    Hero has a completely different playstyle for all three weapons as it were. Its Talis has PAs and I highly doubt it will have tech damage on the same levels as Fo. Apparently Sword can't block, instead if shoots kamehamehas. TMGs seem to be very ground based and I didn't see a single S.roll in the trailer. Shift for TMGs probably twirls the guns to reload and I don't imagine it staying in the air. Normal attack animations are different too.

I didn't see a single existing PA either. Similar animations yes, but timings are completely different. I don't think the existing classes have much in common with Hero beyond weapons. If anything, Hero's Sword seems closer to Dual Blades with its throw-based action and multi hit no-charge PAs, and Hero's TMGs are more like Rifle in that it can't rely on normal attacks to regain PP, and it's a lot more ground based.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Wait, was it confirmed that Heroes can use regular Swords, TMGs and Talis? I was under the impression that Heroes get their own weapons just like other classes and that Hero weapons are a transforming weapon which would explain how the class could seamlessly transition between weapons during combos without suffering weapon change lag.
    So did I,but people seem unwholely convinced you need 3 different weapons affixed and grinded before you can actually use the hero weapon.
    Which makes
    zero
    sense.

You can bugger off SEGA if you think i'm grinding for 3 Qliph weapons just to use something else lmao.
    Spoiler!