Page 19 of 89 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saagonsa View Post
    Considering how there are very few swords, TMGs, and talises that cover all 3 attack types, I doubt there will be switch skills.
    Uh, what?

The point of the switch skills is because we're likely expected to use multiple attack types, which is why Bouncer got it in the first place.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Uh, what?

The point of the switch skills is because we're likely expected to use multiple attack types, which is why Bouncer got it in the first place.
    I think they meant that a Switch skill as they exist now wouldn't work. Currently Switch skills change the stat that is used, as in the weapon/pet already has to have that stat on it (as seen with Jet Boots which have both T-ATK and S-ATK even though they natively only use the T-ATK); very few Swords, TMGs, and Talis have any other ATK than their default on them. Using the current version of a Range Switch skill on a Zenisis Sword would mean that it would default to 0 R-ATK rather than converting its S-ATK into R-ATK, which would be what would be needed for Hero (and if it does have a switch skill, this is probably how it would work, kinda like a buffed version of Mercy of Lilipa's potetnial).
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 13, 2017 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I think they meant that a Switch skill as they exist now wouldn't work. Currently Switch skills change the stat that is used, as in the weapon/pet already has to have that stat on it (as seen with Jet Boots which have both T-ATK and S-ATK even though they natively only use the T-ATK); very few Swords, TMGs, and Talis have any other ATK than their default on them. Using the current version of a Range Switch skill on a Zenisis Sword would mean that it would default to 0 R-ATK rather than converting its S-ATK into R-ATK, which would be what would be needed for Hero (and if it does have a switch skill, this is probably how it would work).
    That's why I suggested a different sort of phrasing/function like 'all damage is affected by X atk instead'.

I'm sure I said that before, though I do call it a switch skill for short.

But yes, you're right about that second part.

In a way, a single transforming weapon with all 3 atk types would make sense with my idea as is, heh.

Using 3 individual weapons with their exclusive atk types really sounds like a stupidly messy deal for the player...
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jun 13, 2017 at 08:20 PM.

That's why I suggested a different sort of phrasing/function like 'all damage is affected by X atk instead'.

So like Gunslashes should have worked from the beginning? Overall I wish all that r,t,s atk nonsense was removed and just changed for power attack. Just like in PSO. This way players could rely on more weapons than the ones that are meant for their class only.

The game does have Mercy of Lilipa's Potential which is (paraphrasing) "Convert a % of this weapon's R-ATK into T-ATK," so they would just need to phrase it something specific like "Convert Sword S-ATK and Talis T-ATK into R-ATK" and maybe call it like "Range Convert" (and ditto for Striking and Tech).

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    The game does have Mercy of Lilipa's Potential which is (paraphrasing) "Convert a % of this weapon's R-ATK into T-ATK," so they would just need to phrase it something specific like "Convert Sword S-ATK and Talis T-ATK into R-ATK" and maybe call it like "Range Convert" (and ditto for Striking and Tech).
    Oh yeah, like the wand reactor skill.

I know this all sounds like wishful thinking, but, if there was a skill like that for hero that converts the weapons' atk to the other two types, and there was a 'all damage is affected by X atk instead' type of skill, players would avoid a messy affixing problem.

If only Sega makes it happen.

Would be cool if it has a skill called Overlimit which temporarily boost the other stat to match the highest stat you have for a few seconds.

So if you have 4k Satk, both Ratk and Tatk will be boosted to 4k momentarily, like 30 secs tops as for the downside, maybe lowers your defense type to the lowest one you have?

I doubt they would give Hero a Universal Damage Stat. Which is why I have been buying up the Multi Attack Souls while they are still dirt cheap, cause I got a feeling those are gonna go up in demand with Hero.
    Well thats assuming they dont do a universal damage modifier and considering how Hero works and that we dont know how its skill tree is yet having conversion skills just doesnt make sense other than to not mess with the affixing norms.

LOL that's why Hero MAG may happen, SEGA wants you to spend your time making new units with universal affixes. (Unless Hero Mag stays at 50%...)

Most multi type souls are expensive to begin with or dirt cheap.

Anga soul - Best soul for me, balanced 20 atk and 4 PP, natively boost vinculum on top of it
    Knight Gear Soul - Cheaper alternative, 5 less attack but has 15 dex which might be relevant on one of hero's skill. Comes with Vinculum most of the time.
    Apprentice Soul - Hands down best for offense oriented builds, cant say more against 40 attack
    Gryphon Soul - Cheapest and readily available soul, boost All resist if you wanted a balance offense/defense set, cheapest and readily available

Modulator - when paired up with Apprentice, hands down best stat, very expensive though
    Vinculum - just 10 less attack from modulator but a whole lot cheaper, most all attack souls comes with this one so thats a plus
    Astral Soul - Don't even, might need to sell your literal soul just to get this

Doom Break - Not sure if Sega plans on getting this readily available but it is best to stock up on these, very cheap now and is easily transferable at 80% with three.
    Ether Factor - Thanks to Laplace, the half of it can be easily made, with Deus Factor being dirt cheap and Yamato going down in price soon, better stock up on mother factor to get this one.

I am personally going for Knight Gear Soul/Vinculum/Ether Factor/Doom Break/All Resist III/Elegant Stamina, a nice balance because with Sega experimenting on them double damage from mobs/boss, its best to have a bit of defense just in case.