Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is matchmaking worth using?

I know the option has some bugs atm and they plan to fix them but even so is it still worth? I've tried using multi blocking only and current block for 2 BWs and each time I've only gotten 4 runs due to all the down time of finding players (this even happens on current block resets.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    No one wants to see your Space Whale of a character doing Rodeo Drive.

I can't find anyone by using current block only when xpert mode is on. So kinda forced to use multiblock search, and it kinda works well.

It more or less functions the way it was intended, sans some janky glitches that show their faces every once in a while. I pretty much use it exclusively to match for EQs nowadays.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

So is it better to have the expert block option checked or unchecked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    No one wants to see your Space Whale of a character doing Rodeo Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by JCry View Post
    So is it better to have the expert block option checked or unchecked?
    Depends on content. For most EQs and probably the upcoming Buster Quests as well, you should leave it on. For pretty much anything else, you should turn it off.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Depends on content. For most EQs and probably the upcoming Buster Quests as well, you should leave it on. For pretty much anything else, you should turn it off.
    Expert Player matching will work regardless of difficulty, but it will not work specifically for [Free Match Buster Quests]. just to clarify bumped info.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    It more or less functions the way it was intended, sans some janky glitches that show their faces every once in a while. I pretty much use it exclusively to match for EQs nowadays.
    The way it's implemented right now is really shit. I had occurences when I tell the game to match me, I join a 3/12 (or sometimes a 1/12, which means myself only) MPA - while a 8/12 MPA is right there. The algorythms are working almost at random, whether you do multi or single block matching.

I also heard horror stories of people being kicked out from parties while trying to find multi block MPAs, but I've yet to witness that. One way or another, Sega messed up majorly. I repeat, not only multi block, but single block matching works worse than before. The fix can't come fast enough.

Regarding expert matching - if you have it available, remember to keep it on at all times. If you don't, work to make sure you can turn it on as soon as possible. Remember to do your part as good (or at least competent) players and refuse to carry leechers!

Expert matching is a mixed bag, if you have it on you will not see non-expert parties at all, so the player base still remains divided. I'm sure a lot of former "experts" haven't turned it on either

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

The only problem I see is, if I have the qualifications of expert, I shouldn't have to fucking toggle expert mode on to see expert parties.
    I should see them by default.

Turning on expert mode should make it that I only see experts, and turning it off shows everything. Kind of like a filtering set up. I don't see why when I'm an expert, I've had people say they can't see my party simply because I didn't have expert turned on... when the other 3 in the party are also expert.

It's fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    I also heard horror stories of people being kicked out from parties while trying to find multi block MPAs, but I've yet to witness that.
    So, what happens is that when you cross block match with a party, an menu option pops up for the other members of the party to accept cross matching before it will actually happens. That menu pops up along with the party invite notification sound effect. Sometimes some people missed it and don't know how to get it to show up (check your party invite window) or just doesn't know that's even a thing and never accepts it. What the party leader have for option is that they can start the matching with whoever that agreed to do it, and will only take those people along with him/her. The person(s) that did not agree will simply get kicked out of the party because the others already left for another block.