Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23303132333435364383 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    They are pointless on weapons tho because each weapon needs only one atk except dead Approach maybe), so this won't change a thing.
    What you mean ? Dead Approach is scaling from RATK, but dmg type is STRIKING, do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    They are pointless on weapons tho because each weapon needs only one atk except dead Approach maybe), so this won't change a thing.
    Dead Approach uses R-Atk. Wands need multiple Atk stats though.

I think everyone initial point is Hero units if you plan to use all three weapons was to be an all atk set preferred.

Yes you can use your older units like say.... S-atk units....but since it's only S-atk if you tried to use TMG or Talis the damage would suffer for it.

This is of course assuming there isn't some sort of Hero Switch skills that allows you scales to whatever -atk you want in that case it wouldn't matter what you use.

If it's the former of course than yea all attack is the way to go.... like maybe.... Apprentice, Ability III , Doom Breaker, Ether Factor Elegant Stamina, (Just a thought)

Now the weapons you'd affix them per the weapon itself.
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

I've said it before and I said it again.

Using S-atk switch on a TMG or Talis would net you +0 atk because most TMGs/Talises come with only their normal stats.
    Pet use and Jet Boots use only allow switching the atk type because they come with both by default.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    I've said it before and I said it again.

Using S-atk switch on a TMG or Talis would net you +0 atk because most TMGs/Talises come with only their normal stats.
    Pet use and Jet Boots use only allow switching the atk type because they come with both by default.
    It would need to be a skill that is a combo of a Switch skill and a Conversion skill (Wand Reactor and Mercy of Lilipa potential).
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 22, 2017 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LancerFate View Post
    What you mean ? Dead Approach is scaling from RATK, but dmg type is STRIKING, do the math.
    That's not how it works. Damage TYPE determines which damage modifier class skills that PA will call from, and how much your enemy is going to resist your attacks. The ATK number that's being referred to from the damage formula (the scaling one) is well, just that, the number the damage formula is going to use. This is the logic behind why Fury Stance doesn't work for pets.

Dead Approach refers to the R-ATK value for the damage formula, that's it. Having S-ATK on the weapon does absolutely nothing for it.
    Last edited by Alenoir; Jun 22, 2017 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    That's not how it works. Damage TYPE determines which damage modifier class skills that PA will call from, and how much your enemy is going to resist your attacks. The ATK number that's being referred to from the damage formula (the scaling one) is well, just that, the number the damage formula is going to use. This is the logic behind why Fury Stance doesn't work for pets.

Dead Approach refers to the R-ATK value for the damage formula, that's it. Having S-ATK on the weapon does absolutely nothing for it.
    So if I got that right. (as I usually understood it but never fully)

For.... Kamikaze Arrow.....it's scales to R-atk but its registered as "Striking damage"

I recall people said that's why using it on Br/Hu was good
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    So if I got that right. (as I usually understood it but never fully)

For.... Kamikaze Arrow.....it's scales to R-atk but its registered as "Striking damage"

I recall people said that's why using it on Br/Hu was good
    Yup, that's how it works. It's why Weak Hit Advance and Zero Range Advance doesn't work with that PA.

There are only a very small amount of PAs that works like this. Well, 'cept pets.
    Last edited by Alenoir; Jun 22, 2017 at 02:34 PM.

guess the best is to wait and see if they will actually have some kind of switch skill or something like wand reactor, screenshots of the summoner skill tree were released weeks before it came out so we might be lucky with hero´s
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

They
    have
    said themselves
    they reccomend general units.

they WOULDNT have said that if they were offering a switch skill.
    Spoiler!