Page 45 of 89 FirstFirst ... 354243444546474855 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    mostly fashion i think, with the wide world of R-skill rings open to hero i find it difficult that people will just stay with effort ring xD
    If they have any crit damage raising skill, the effort ring may be worth it. C Strike rings provide higher crit chance and damage, but they are attack type based so you need to change often if you use all 3 weapon types, unless you stick with one weapon. Effort Rings are universal. Providers some defense, too.

good point one ring to rule them all

I can't wait for them to add weapon-specific rings like they've done with all the other classes already, and then force us to swap our rings around every time we switch weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I can't wait for them to add weapon-specific rings like they've done with all the other classes already, and then force us to swap our rings around every time we switch weapon.
    I mean, isn't this why they added the /sr chat command?
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    I mean, isn't this why they added the /sr chat command?
    Pretty sure Rayden is talking in the context of constantly swapping weapons using PAs.

Well, now we know where that damage output came from in the trailers: The signature Hero weapons are 14*.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

I'm not even sure if the Hero hype train is running anymore... feel like it might of derailed.

After getting information from the last streams and events it really feels like Hero is just a lump sum of lazy coding.

Hero Mag can't factor in mags that have Dex or Defense stats. They went with having the skill check for the lump sum of the mag's attack stats instead of checking the mags level and copying that into its attack stats while zeroing out Dex/Defense.

Hero uses sword, tmg, and talis instead of one weapon that just changes shapes.

Hero PAs that weapon swap only look down on the weapon palette.

I just hope it ends up being fun to actually play. Because after looking at the skill tree and learning how Hero Mag and the weapons actually work... leaves little to be desired.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Jul 16, 2017 at 11:20 PM.

They're putting too much focus on it, meanwhile the only new thing some of the other classes are getting are straight up nerfs

This is probably the worst episode release in terms of content. Hopefully the roadmap redeems things quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    I'm not even sure if the Hero hype train is running anymore... feel like it might of derailed.

After getting information from the last streams and events it really feels like Hero is just a lump sum of lazy coding.

Hero Mag can't factor in mags that have Dex or Defense stats. They went with having the skill check for the lump sum of the mag's attack stats instead of checking the mags level and copying that into its attack stats while zeroing out Dex/Defense.

Hero uses sword, tmg, and talis instead of one weapon that just changes shapes.

Hero PAs that weapon swap only look down on the weapon palette.

I just hope it ends up being fun to actually play. Because after looking at the skill tree and learning how Hero Mag and the weapons actually work... leaves little to be desired.
    Why should it include Def/Dex stats? It's for Atk stats, dex/def has nothing to do with that. We've known that it uses actual sword/TMG/talis for a very long time, they confirmed it a while ago and I don't see why that's anything but a good thing. Also, why would you need more than 1 of each Hero weapon, they only have like 4 PAs each.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagonsa View Post
    Why should it include Def/Dex stats? It's for Atk stats, dex/def has nothing to do with that. We've known that it uses actual sword/TMG/talis for a very long time, they confirmed it a while ago and I don't see why that's anything but a good thing. Also, why would you need more than 1 of each Hero weapon, they only have like 4 PAs each.

Just because I decide now to make a post doesn't mean I haven't already known about the weapons. For everything else there is no reason to make a reply.

You're telling me that it is perfectly ok that our first "advance" class literally brings nothing new to the table except weapon PAs and shift actions? Because everything else Hero uses is just a rebranded/rehashed skill and the same old weapons we've had since the start.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Jul 16, 2017 at 11:59 PM.