Page 46 of 89 FirstFirst ... 364344454647484956 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saagonsa View Post
    Why should it include Def/Dex stats? It's for Atk stats, dex/def has nothing to do with that.
    I wonder the same thing. There are many guides out there about mags, including on bumped, which state that attack is the preferred stat for mags, and that pure attack is the preferred way to build one. Yet, there are those who are mad that Dex/Def Mags are not included.

Did people really spend on Dex/Def and hoped that Hero - an offense-based class even judging by the first trailer - would somehow validate their efforts?

Even if you screwed up a mag and fed them, like say, 50 points worth of Dex with 150 points in attack of your choice, that's still a significant amount of attack that is converted by Hero Mag. Only those who spent purely on Dex and the three Defense stats are out of luck on this.

I already planned to make a new character just for Hero anyway. I'm just disappointed by the lack of new stuff on the table for the introduction of our first advanced class. I just waited for them to show us everything before saying anything.

Also seeing as Dex does to a degree affect your damage output it isn't farfetched to wonder why it isn't included. I'm pretty sure no one has defense points on a mag though except people back from the really early days when some things needed it just to be equipped.

Just to add input to what I said about Dex. Even though most unit sets and levels in game already give you enough Dex to do this. At one point there wasn't enough Dex thrown at us to have a damage spread of only 1-2% less than your 100%. Though these days and weapon modifiers do give us enough Dex that most of us should just be barely hitting less than our critical damage hits unless we are playing Fighter or using crafted weapons.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Jul 17, 2017 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    I'm not even sure if the Hero hype train is running anymore... feel like it might of derailed.

After getting information from the last streams and events it really feels like Hero is just a lump sum of lazy coding.

Hero Mag can't factor in mags that have Dex or Defense stats. They went with having the skill check for the lump sum of the mag's attack stats instead of checking the mags level and copying that into its attack stats while zeroing out Dex/Defense.

Hero uses sword, tmg, and talis instead of one weapon that just changes shapes.

Hero PAs that weapon swap only look down on the weapon palette.

I just hope it ends up being fun to actually play. Because after looking at the skill tree and learning how Hero Mag and the weapons actually work... leaves little to be desired.
    by pso2 pattern they may add saber type weapon for hero maybe?

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2017/06/170619a.html

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    by pso2 pattern they may add saber type weapon for hero maybe?
    I would love to have a Saber that wasn't called Gunslash. I even planned to make the sword or double saber weapon camo from the LQ gold colored as a throw back to when the strongest non-rare drops in PSO had gold photons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    Though these days and weapon modifiers do give us enough Dex that most of us should just be barely hitting less than our critical damage hits unless we are playing Fighter or using crafted weapons.
    You answered your own question. Attack's influence on damage is just much larger, otherwise it wouldn't be called an 'attack' stat.

So yeah, it's still pretty farfetched to me. Even though Dex's effect is there, you just don't need it. Even if you did, that's still not enough to justify building a pure Dex mag, since endgame weapons (13 stars and above) cannot be crafted.

You wouldn't build a dex mag for a crafted weapon anyway because crafted weapons are capped at 90% unless you invest in Bouncer's Craft Mastery.

That's just the final nail in the stat's coffin then. Only reason you'd want a mag fully loaded with it is to complete a collection.

As for the 50 or so Dex on the average person's first mag, it shouldn't really matter that much. Even I have one like this. There's the option of spending 3 USD (which I assume is the currency used by most people here) for a new one, or making a new character. That is, if one is that interested in being Hero.

I have 6 characters of various classes that are all 80/80. It honestly isn't a big deal if I make a 7th character when Hero comes out.

And my first mag also has 50 Dex on it, but I wasn't asking a question in my post about Hero. I was making a statement/observation. Though my Braver character does have a full Dex mag since that benefits braver more than a pure attack mag imo. So I guess my Braver can never be a Hero.

Mags have always boosted a players stats. It honestly doesn't make any sense that a Player's skill would only rework the attack stats of the mag and not the whole mag itself, but each to their own. In the end of the day Hero is still just a class of rebrands and rehashes. Though there is nothing wrong with having a discussion and reading other people's ideas and thoughts.

lol yes sure you can buy 6 character but can't buy 1 mag

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    lol yes sure you can buy 6 character but can't buy 1 mag
    I can't. It goes against principal. I might actually still have a mag ticket from one of their starter packs though... Maybe (I don't I just checked). Most of my active teammates had 10 or more characters anyway. It helps having a steady job. It isn't really a bad investment when it comes to bingo boards, story quest (oh wait), and sometimes freebies they give out for each character. (skill resets so you can play around).