Page 81 of 89 FirstFirst ... 317178798081828384 ... LastLast
    Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

I guess I'm speeding through episode 3 in the next few weeks after this boost to get that camo in EP5 (yeah I rather do the story in order and I'm skipping over 4)

ANOTHER draco mag. Yay. \o/

Anyone can translate the exact requirement for the rewards tho?
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by KazukiQZ View Post
    Anyone can translate the exact requirement for the rewards tho?
    Clear through to episode 5 世界を巻き込む災禍
    It's a multi-use camo for 3 weapon type(Sword/TMG/Tali)
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

So Hero. Quite literally the most broken class either and easily the best class at the majority of things in PSO2. It mostly certainly rates higher than both Fighter and Gunner, and it's probably better than Force although Force is the only class that can give it a run for its money.

Hero has the best bossing (better than Fighter and Gunner easily, I'll explain this later) and the second best mobbing, only beaten by TB Zondeel since TB Zondeel makes any attack into an AoE attack, which obviously gives things like Ragrants, Gimegid, Nafoie etc. the ability to mob, which is much stronger than things like Brightness End will ever be.

The common argument against Hero is that Fighter and Gunner score much higher DPS over the course of a fight, but this is not really true is it? Fighter has much higher DPS combos, except you have conditionals (Limit Break, PP Slayer, Brave Stance, etc) and Gunner basically has to rely on Chain, which is not usable everywhere due to health gates and limited hitboxes. Hero on the other hand has absolutely no conditionals other than Hero Boost, and if you know how to play well, that's not an issue at all and will almost always be up.

Furthermore there are a few things which make Fighter and Gunner worse than Hero:

1. Aggressive enemies.
    2. Limited-time hitboxes.
    3. Limited PP.
    4. Range (more of a Fighter issue)

If an enemy is aggressive, Fighter and Gunner both have to dodge and do no damage (well, Fighter can use something like DC0, but that's not exactly the pinnacle of DPS). Hero, on the other hand, just steps through all attacks and counters for 6 digit damage, which pulls them much higher on the DPS chart as they don't lose their DPS through attacks. Take Deadlion for example, when he's constantly swinging his wings, Fighter has to dagger spin or DC0, Gunner has to stop what they're doing and do a roll, and the only time these classes can really pull out a proper DPS combo is when you break his face or he's turning orange. Hero on the other hand just steps through every attack and counters immediately, keeping up their DPS (and even increasing it!).

Limited-time hitboxes is also another issue that both Fighter and Gunner face. When an enemy moves away or you need to wait for it to change phase or whatever, Fighter and Gunner can do just about... nothing. There's a few charges, but you charge those attacks anyway if you were using them, so you're not really contributing much extra there. Hero on the other hand gets the super duper strong spirit bullet, which takes a mere 3s to charge (2.5s if you use Combo Aura Short Charge). When PD flies away, or Deus is being stupid or Anga is changing phases, you just stop what you're doing, charge a spirit bullet and hit the boss for 150K~250K (or more) damage, meaning that downtime did not really hinder you at all. Fighter and Gunner on the other hand don't get any sort of tool like this, so a boss that moves away a lot is going to make them suffer. Another advantage is being able to do things while bosses are spawning. A good example of this is Bibras, as you can stand in front of him as he spawns and hit him for over 700K damage immediately on spawn. Other classes can't do this.

Hero also gets the advantage of not having to worry about its PP, because its sword normals are incredible DPS and keep up (and beat!) with many of its PAs. If a Fighter or Gunner runs out of PP, you're in trouble as you have to waste time building your PP with their super weak normals (although as Gunner this might not be an issue if you're building your chain), but if Hero runs out of PP, it keeps up just fine. I mean sure, you're not supposed to run out of PP, but sometimes it will happen and it will hurt on other classes.

And lastly, while not really an issue for Gunner, there's the issue of range. If something moves a lot and doesn't stay in one place, Fighter has issues pulling its DPS combos. Hero on the other hand gets Vapour of Bullet, which has really high DPS and even lets you move towards your enemy, meaning your DPS stays up even if you have to close distance. Fighter has to chase the enemy to continue its DPS combos -- Hero does not.

Overall, Hero is, by far, the #1 class in the game. No matter the scenario, it has a tool for it, and there's absolutely no downsides to this class. No other class is quite as versatile while also being able to pull high DPS combos. The only class which can give Hero a run for its money is most definitely Force, as Force has the ability to mob quite a bit better than Hero can, although its bossing is now lacking due to compound nerfs (which is fine, they needed nerfing).

When it comes to Fighter and Gunner, they are niche at best. They are only better than Hero if you are fighting a wall like Magatsu, or during certain scenarios like boss downs (example: Mother stun after Arms). In all other situations, Hero bosses a lot better.

tl;dr: Fighter and Gunner are only better than Hero if you are fighting something that isn't fighting back.
    Last edited by Z-0; Aug 6, 2017 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    ~~~.
    Godlike. And fuck sega.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    ~~~.
    And that's not even mentioning TMGs or talis.

in short yes this is advanced class xD

As much as it bothers me how ridiculous Hero is, Sega designed it that way intentionally. I feel like the best option would simply be reworking the old classes. Not just number tweaks, but actually reworking their mechanics to actually physically keep up with Hero. Hero is just so much more fluid and fast compared to other classes that I feel like I'm playing a completely different game.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    As much as it bothers me how ridiculous Hero is, Sega designed it that way intentionally. I feel like the best option would simply be reworking the old classes. Not just number tweaks, but actually reworking their mechanics to actually physically keep up with Hero. Hero is just so much more fluid and fast compared to other classes that I feel like I'm playing a completely different game.
    I wonder when they'll implement things like that lol

Bumped did write, that Sega gonna do some behavior changes on some existing classes, right?
    Along with Te buff.

I'm looking forward to it, personally

I still want Gu's Tmg to be played like Hero, but skill set wise, I preferred Gu (minus ZRA, if they changed the skill to still take effect at MediumRange, it'll be great .... along with some long range PA of course).
    Since I'm not really good with Sword and Talis. And it's a must use if people want to fill HeroTime in time ;w; And it'll be expensive to make 3 weapons, instead of just 1 (Tmg in my case)
    Last edited by final_attack; Aug 6, 2017 at 07:53 AM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt