Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 337380818283848586 ... LastLast

There is some semblance of balance among the big damage dealers at least.

The bigger problem is that Hero's counter gameplay is just a straight upgrade from Hunter and Katana Braver. Those two classes need something else more significant to give them more of an identity now, and automate halfline and 20 sec of i-frames alone doesn't cut it

Ranger and Bouncer can easily get their support sides worked on to differentiate from other classes. Techer just needs something to handle bosses better.
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Aug 6, 2017 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I doubt they'd go that far. I imagine if they knew Hero's fluidity was going to make all the old classes actually FEEL bad to play, they would have worked on more than just increasing the damage on everything for the big balance pass episode 5 got.

Gu is actually what made it click for me. I went to play it to try out the CT updates, since I've always wanted CT to be less of a pain in the ass to use... and it was great, too bad Gu as a whole feels like I'm moving through chilled aspic.
    That is sort of why even if Hero were not as damaging as it is, I would still greatly prefer it to Fighter or Gunner as they are. It is all in the frame data for me, with Hero having access to an easy-mode quint dash, Flash Trick, teleports, and just generally being swifter than anything else due to it not needing to do an attack before attacking (I am not sure who thought this made sense) and the abundance of cancelable frames everywhere. It feels more like Fighter than Fighter ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    Ranger and Bouncer can easily get their support sides worked on to differentiate from other classes. Techer just needs something to handle bosses better.
    God I hate Bo for not only being a poorly designed mess, but a massive disappointment with so much wasted, untapped potential on top after this many years.

Its been 2 episodes since its release and:

-Fields still generally suck
    -Emphasized how big of a mistake Break stance D-bonus' existence was by putting unconditional damage on elemental stance, AND not locking it to mainclass, OR eating 5 extra SP (that you probably had nothing better to do with them) like they did with break SD.
    -They have less PAs than Hero

I hate Bo with such a passion, god help me if I pick up that class again; I'll just be reminded of the simplest things SEGA managed to get wrong every second I used DBs against something not weak to its element. Sure was great to be faced with the decision of creating a dual blade rainbow, or get 0 damage increase from your own class' skill tree!
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Aug 6, 2017 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    ~~~
    Can't find anything here that I disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    I wonder when they'll implement things like that lol

Bumped did write, that Sega gonna do some behavior changes on some existing classes, right?
    Along with Te buff.

I'm looking forward to it, personally

I still want Gu's Tmg to be played like Hero, but skill set wise, I preferred Gu (minus ZRA, if they changed the skill to still take effect at MediumRange, it'll be great .... along with some long range PA of course).
    Since I'm not really good with Sword and Talis. And it's a must use if people want to fill HeroTime in time ;w; And it'll be expensive to make 3 weapons, instead of just 1 (Tmg in my case)
    Yup, I feel the same way. When I first saw Hero's TMGs, I was like "this is how I wanted Gunner to be." Changing ZRA to cover up to mid-range would benefit things like Elder Rebellion too. Here's hoping those behavioral changes will Gunner work similar to Hero.

The reason I didn't mention TMG and Talis in my wall of text is because compared to Sword, they really don't offer much. From an efficiency standpoint, TMG are mostly functionally useless, their only real use is when you need to pick off multiple small things that can't be AoE'd by Sword (Anga Bits, PD Bits, these sorts of things). Talis also doesn't offer anywhere as much as Sword, although Jet Wheel is very good for gear build and Laser Edge is very good for PP dumping. Techs are also decent in some cases but I never really feel like I need to use them, but they can fill some gaps with things like Gigrants 0 and whatnot.

There's also Hero Time of course, which is absolutely ridiculous and trivializes certain content since you can just wipe out portions of a quest with a finisher.

I also wouldn't bother with switching weapons for Hero Gear (other than dropping Jet Wheel or Wise Hound), it's not useful, you're only hurting yourself by doing that.

That being said, everything on Hero is viable and will do damage and keep up with the rest. It's just as a whole package, Hero goes further than just "keeping up" and smashes the competition in almost every scenario. There is nothing Hero is bad at, except making every class feel slow and clunky, I suppose.
    Last edited by Z-0; Aug 6, 2017 at 01:28 PM.

The only thing I find really silly with Hero is that they use only 1 hand for Sword and do more (or the same/hit ?) damage than Hunter on their normal attack when they use both hand and are slower. I know for some its just a "visual" but that's just dumb imo. They should at least up Hunter sword damage compared to Hero.
    Its not a big thing but it bother me everytime I play my Hu after playing my Hr >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Silnodia View Post
    The only thing I find really silly with Hero is that they use only 1 hand for Sword and do more (or the same/hit ?) damage than Hunter on their normal attack when they use both hand and are slower. I know for some its just a "visual" but that's just dumb imo. They should at least up Hunter sword damage compared to Hero.
    Its not a big thing but it bother me everytime I play my Hu after playing my Hr >_<
    Ya, they should have give hero a katana, at least it build to be fast, not a freakin zweihander.
    Last edited by ZerotakerZX; Aug 6, 2017 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    That being said, everything on Hero is viable and will do damage and keep up with the rest. It's just as a whole package, Hero goes further than just "keeping up" and smashes the competition in almost every scenario. There is nothing Hero is bad at, except making every class feel slow and clunky, I suppose.
    Suicidal inclinations aside, isn't Fi still capable of unrivaled sustained dps in, and out of LB?
    Isn't Gu's chain trigger against bosses strong enough to keep pace on top of the cooldown reduction despite the lowered damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Suicidal inclinations aside, isn't Fi still capable of unrivaled sustained dps in, and out of LB?
    Isn't Gu's chain trigger against bosses strong enough to keep pace on top of the cooldown reduction despite the lowered damage?
    nah, averege hero can pwn good fi or gu to dust, and good hero tottaly punish them.

FI and GU can easily outdamage Hero... in a controlled environment (Bal Rodos). The problem is that 95% of situations in the game aren't controlled environments and make it hard in some degree for FI or GU to consistently push compared to what Hero can do.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]