Page 6 of 122 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    While I do agree that they went a bit far with the "real is brown" thing, I'm more of a "wait and see" kind of person.
    Its funny that they went with "real is brown" despite the fantasy theme of the new map. Even most Isekai animes nowadays have very vibrant and colorful settings. The new protagonists and fairy Xierra also wear colourful outfits so I have to wonder why they made such a colourless map in contrast.

I think the map design has to do with the new area being a possible ongoing warzone, thus the lifeless feeling, but a bit more colour wouldve been nice

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    I mean have you even played the original PS games?
    PSO has never been PS and definitely should never try to be PS. They are as different as separate entries in the FF series or the Tales series.

Quote Originally Posted by abidias View Post
    Ppl are really defending the direction this game is going? (crap medieval fest that you can find in any other game)
    I won't even talk about the nerfs because they can't balance shit with ranger and gunner. Or how its all about power creep now.
    Power creep is the very definition of online rpgs and has been a crucial part of PSO2 since the beginning.

Anyway, the blackhole looks awesome. Fairy Xiera is adorable, assaulting the castle robot looks like a lot of fun.
    BUT
    SEGA is still desperate to copy generic mmorpgs and is still crapping all over PSO2 while doing it. The fantasy stuff looks dumb and the enemies are hideous and generic crap.
    Also, grim reapers are just Luda Sorcerer clones and ogres /trolls are probably Shironia/Kuron oni clones.
    The balance changes are awesome and hero class looks awesome.
    But the story seems to be far worse than even the premise for ep 4. We can only hope that the quality is good even if the setting is total bs. PSO is freaking space opera no generic ass fantasy.
    I could forgive Sega is everything had really good unique designs like in many FF games but it's generic and hideous instead. Hell, the enemies look as if they were taken from an early gen PS2 game.
    What the actual fuck, Sega?

Still, I am really hyped despite the disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    This argument is dumb and you should feel bad for making it.

Video games are as much a visual medium as anything else. "Gameplay over graphics" means FUCKING NOTHING to me. I simply won't bother playing a game that looks visually bland to the point of being off-putting, no ifs ands or buts about it. It doesn't matter at all what your opinion is as that doesn't factor into my assessment of the game whatsoever. I simply cannot care any less what you think should matter.

Furthermore, they could easily have created, at the very least, a plausibly vibrant background with some actual visual variation and added less bland lighting to spice things up without changing the core gameplay, and judging from the fact that you didn't even think about that tells me you know fucking nothing about game design and should GTFO of this thread, because your contributions are and will likely always be worthless.
    You mentioned flat areas, I gave gameplay reasons for the flat area existing. But please, continue raging like a crazy person.

Or actually don't because I won't be reading it.
    Last edited by tsundere4you; Jun 12, 2017 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    PSO has never been PS and definitely should never try to be PS. They are as different as separate entries in the FF series or the Tales series.
    That's actually not true, PSO drinks directly from PSII looks and lvl of technology (and Generation 1 as well), and a few easter eggs both in game (Lutz by Falz Memoria screen) and in artbooks (Searren design) are proof enough that at some point in the development they tried to make it a direct sequel. And that's why the original PS games were unique, because they were related to each other, and that's why the fans want to make a relation between each entry in the series, and that's why PSO2 is going to piss a lot of people off if everything related to PD and Earth end having nothing to do with what was established in the original games.

Also, grim reapers are just Luda Sorcerer clones and ogres /trolls are probably Shironia/Kuron oni clones.
    I also noticed a golem monster with similar animations to a Rockbear.

But the story seems to be far worse than even the premise for ep 4. We can only hope that the quality is good even if the setting is total bs.
    Hey, if the story doesn't start off with a butt naked shota and unnecessary bath scenes that contribute nothing to the plot, it can't be that bad.

Wait.....why is normal fantasy an issue now?

Didn't some of the original PS stuff have mobs like this?
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    Wait.....why is normal fantasy an issue now?

Didn't some of the original PS stuff have mobs like this?
    Well, its true that old school PS had enemies that look like the ones in EP5. The issue that people here have with these monster designs is that it clashes with PSO2's more high-tech sci fantasy setting. Instead of trying to at least modernize and adapt these old school designs to PSO2's setting (pre-EP4), they just slapped on these outdated monster designs without much thought put into it. This seems to be a trend that the devs are going for since EP4; wackiness for the sake of it. Hoping that people will just roll with the absurdity of it all because "woo hoo, look at how random we are!".

Considering the setting isn't in "our world" but a parallel one......I don't see the issue to be honest....

Then again.....I don't quick to anger about such things

If this happened in our world I'd be disappointed but since we was sent somewhere else.....what we know was "Da rules" is kind of out the window......
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Well, its true that old school PS had enemies that look like the ones in EP5. The issue that people here have with these monster designs is that it clashes with PSO2's more high-tech sci fantasy setting. Instead of trying to at least modernize and adapt these old school designs to PSO2's setting (pre-EP4), they just slapped on these outdated monster designs without much thought put into it. This seems to be a trend that the devs are going for since EP4; wackiness for the sake of it. Hoping that people will just roll with the absurdity of it all because "woo hoo, look at how random we are!".
    I understand the hate to a point but what is really so scifi about enemies like the ones you find on planets like nab? They are just dogs and birds really.