Page 13 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    Can you imagine a modern FF without them?
    Final Fantasy XIV.

I'm with Anduril on the whole shared story progress.

I loved making use of the separate story progress so I could get multiple rewards such as SG or Tri boosters. Having them all stuck together kinda ruins certain aspects for me it just makes your character seem . . . not really there especially if they don't call attention to it.

HEY 'Player'! I thought you were a male CAST!?!??! Why do you have the body of a female Dewman!??! Wait now male Newman!!!!! WTF female CAST!????? HOW in the male HUMAN!?!??!!

I like story sharing, tbh it was pain clear 5 times story quest for bingo.

I don't know about story sharing. I liked being able to get tri-boosters, SG tickets, etc x my number of characters. While this makes it easier for bingo boards, I think I'd still like to do it the old way.

My only question is why now? Why after 4 episodes do we suddenly want this? Are we going to get shared Bingo Boards too and shared Klotho COs to stomp out alt characters?
    Last edited by Vatallus; Jun 27, 2017 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV.
    I mean single player. Point is FFIV is an online game that had it from the start but PSO2 had voiced cutscenes like FF main series game from the start and switching to a far inferior style would be incredibly dumb, far dumber than anything Sega has done so far.

As for shared story, it sounds convenient for bingo etc. I hope Sega raises complete rewards accordingly because we can no longer get them several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    I mean single player. Point is FFIV is an online game that had it from the start but PSO2 had voiced cutscenes like FF main series game from the start and switching to a far inferior style would be incredibly dumb, far dumber than anything Sega has done so far.
    Didn't stop this year's Japanese single-player games like Yakuza 0 (by SEGA, no less), Persona 5 or Tales of Berseria (games that had plenty of voiceless, text-reading cutscenes) from becoming a success. Japanese gamers have always been okay with voiceless cutscenes hence why so many JP games are filled with that type of cutscenes.

Also, it was never said that all of EP5's story scenes will be completely 2D. There's obviously going to be the standard 3D scenes that we're used to and maybe it'll be just as much as every Episode before. The 2D scenes are just a means to add more story content than usual without overexerting their resources. So, its going to be a mix of 3D and 2D stuff like most Japanese games. Its all pretty standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Bumped has notes about EP5's Story Quests!

• Revised Cutscene Format: Reportedly, EP5 will have 2D cutscenes as well, much like the Portable series.
    Not sure how I feel about this. I guess we'll see. It better be voiced I guess.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

I assume it will be like PSZ and the PSP games where it will have voiced anniemay cutscenes and voiceless text scenes. But the entire game has been voiced for the most part, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    Last edited by yoshiblue; Jun 30, 2017 at 08:44 AM.

You know, I just thought of something... Most of the characters we've seen so far are AU counterparts (Xierra and Luther of course, and Ephemera is described in the same way the Profound Darkness is, implying a connection), but what are the odds that Harriet is also an AU counterpart?

I also kinda hope that the Omega and Oracle versions of the same character get to meet each other at some point.
    Last edited by Altiea; Jun 30, 2017 at 10:16 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    You know, I just thought of something... Most of the characters we've seen so far are AU counterparts (Xierra and Luther of course, and Ephemera is described in the same way the Profound Darkness is, implying a connection), but what are the odds that Harriet is also an AU counterpart?

I also kinda hope that the Omega and Oracle versions of the same character get to meet each other at some point.
    I'm still convinced that Stratos is their world version of Huey so i'll buy it lol
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89