Page 5 of 122 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Doesn't help that the new stage looks incredibly bad from an artistic standpoint. Just incredibly bland flat fields with no color or shape variation to speak of. How can anyone be proud of the product they've made? It just looks terribly ill-fitting, especially in this day and age.
    Believe it or not video games consist of this thing called gameplay, they're not just graphical showpieces. Look at the video again; there are laser cannons pointed at the castle walls and enemy lasers shooting out at the players. "This area is too flat, where are the random hills!?". No, that changes the level design and gameplay design. Maybe they don't want part of the gameplay to involve scaling hills and other vertical sections to get at these cannons. They wanted a flat area for the gameplay design they are aiming for. Visuals come after gameplay not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by tsundere4you View Post
    Visuals come after gameplay not the other way around.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    Spoiler!
    No, that example is what happens when you completely neglect visuals entirely rather than prioritising one thing first before moving onto the next step.

Anyway, I do agree that gameplay should come before visuals but criticisms directed towards the look of the new map is worth pointing out considering how previous maps have always had vibrant colors. As it stands, Shironia is arguably the most beautiful map in the game so don't fault others for having developed personal standards for the visual quality of PSO2 maps.

If the new map turns out to be fun to play (and hopefully drops the godawful points & spawn system of EP4's maps), then yeah, that's a good thing but I won't deny that the map is probably going to be dull to look at in every run.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    Spoiler!
    It's like you're trying to imply the trailer shows a finalized product or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    It's like you're trying to imply the trailer shows a finalized product or something.
    Andromeda's trailers were showing a finalized product, though.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    I can expect Stratos enjoying a year's worth of top ranking popularity as Katori and Io have in their respective Episodes.

And considering the requirements to be a Hero, Stratos could potentially be the strongest of the NPC class trainers.
    WAIT, they named the HERO npc "Stratos?"
    EN006LSUPER.jpg
    From ship 1 with love!

Quote Originally Posted by tsundere4you View Post
    Believe it or not video games consist of this thing called gameplay, they're not just graphical showpieces. Look at the video again; there are laser cannons pointed at the castle walls and enemy lasers shooting out at the players. "This area is too flat, where are the random hills!?". No, that changes the level design and gameplay design. Maybe they don't want part of the gameplay to involve scaling hills and other vertical sections to get at these cannons. They wanted a flat area for the gameplay design they are aiming for. Visuals come after gameplay not the other way around.
    This argument is dumb and you should feel bad for making it.

Video games are as much a visual medium as anything else. "Gameplay over graphics" means FUCKING NOTHING to me. I simply won't bother playing a game that looks visually bland to the point of being off-putting, no ifs ands or buts about it. It doesn't matter at all what your opinion is as that doesn't factor into my assessment of the game whatsoever. I simply cannot care any less what you think should matter.

Furthermore, they could easily have created, at the very least, a plausibly vibrant background with some actual visual variation and added less bland lighting to spice things up without changing the core gameplay, and judging from the fact that you didn't even think about that tells me you know fucking nothing about game design and should GTFO of this thread, because your contributions are and will likely always be worthless.

when it come to fantasy world there're a ton of competitors so it is hard to look at the current previews
    even the story scene is dull.... chasing on the blank field with noting but a ground and a few grass

so only if it the only "battleground" that they're showing and there're still exploration map with neat details hiding then the complain will be stop eventually let hope it end up that way since we have to live with EP5 for another year
    Last edited by mickbis; Jun 11, 2017 at 11:12 AM.

While I do agree that they went a bit far with the "real is brown" thing, I'm more of a "wait and see" kind of person. Who knows, maybe the gameplay in EP5 will be pretty good.

This actually reminds me of the Monster Hunter argument about gameplay over graphics I keep hearing about.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

either is fine I prefer balance
    just EP5 only scene first impression is just below even Naberius forest... so as a big fan of several fantasy world I cannot help but disappointing well it can improve over time tho since I think I feel that way about EP4 tokyo at first
    and the black hole look sinister enough to make me forget about above part

is that lead to parallel/alternate fantasy world?
    what about sub space traveling? is it not the very same as in travel between parallel/alternate verse? like the Earth and PSP2 Verse
    Last edited by mickbis; Jun 11, 2017 at 11:50 AM.