Page 1 of 122 12341151101 ... LastLast

Default Episode 5 Story Discussion

Gonna jump the gun on this one, but here we go!

What we know so far:

• Xiao got upgraded to "kinda sexy"
    • gaiz we found pd
    • There's a black hole where Xion was. We're definitely not mixing up the terms "black hole" and "wormhole".
    • LET'S GO TO FANTASY LAND
    • Praying for not a Hitsugi clone with Harriet?
    • Ephemera: I'M EVIL AND I HAVE A ROSE
    • I don't we needed Fairy Xierra...
    • We have an alternate counterpart Luther because we can't let him die yet. FOR THE FANS.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Oh and PD sitting outside the bridge window
    Spoiler!

Ah, and thus it begins.

I love how kinda-sexy-Xiao now wears a white lab coat and glasses to emulate Xion more. I'm surprised Xiao could even grow up physically nor did I expect the shortest NPC in the game to now be taller than high heels Matoi in just a span of 2 years. Then again, considering Xion had the ability to simply choose how she looks, it could be that Xiao chose to make himself taller and sexier just cause.

So the animal ear girl in the trailer is apparently Alma, aka, the first Claris Claes?

Its about time PD is back to being plot relevant again. Its rather interesting to know that we'll be getting to know a little more about where Xion really came from.

The fantasy land, while silly in concept, is already less groan-inducing than Earth was. The new enemies, Demons, didn't make me roll my eyes so that's a plus. Not too fond of the grey and brown color palette of the map, though.

Fairy Xierra has an UGLY design. I mean, her first look was pretty gaudy enough with those super bright colors of hers but the Fairy Xierra is just hideous... the clothes, that is. Her face is still pretty cute.

Matoi appears beside the Player in the trailer in what I assume to be the beginning of the story yet she's absent from the rest of the story trailer. Don't tell me she gets kidnapped and imprisoned somewhere in the fantasy land and we have to rescue her. Already getting Legend of Zelda vibes just from saying that. I mean, we're getting Xierra as a fairy companion and the new map reminds me a lot of Hyrule Warriors map, for crying out loud.

Won't deny that Luther's reveal was the best part of the trailer for me. Would be pretty interesting to see what Luther would be like if he wasn't evil (assuming this Luther is a good guy). I just hope they keep Luther's dick-ish behaviour. Being a colossal prick while still being charismatic is what made Luther so awesome.
    Last edited by loafhero; Jun 10, 2017 at 10:20 AM.

Fantasy land makes me wonder if we're about to swap slice of life tropes for isekai ones.

Gotta prep some new bait, I suppose.
    Zeta Guranz is the bane of my existence.

Also, Stratos best new character.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Also, Stratos best new character.
    Voiced by Megumin from Konosuba (an anime meant to parody the Isekai genre), no less. She could be related to Huey based on her hair color and her over-the-top spirited personality.

I'm already expecting her to be harassed by Katori out of jealousy over the new class as she's done so with Pietro.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Voiced by Megumin from Konosuba (an anime meant to parody the Isekai genre), no less. She could be related to Huey based on her hair color and her over-the-top spirited personality.

I'm already expecting her to be harassed by Katori out of jealousy over the new class as she's done so with Pietro.
    Ehhh she just sound like Megumin her VA tho does Kancolle Shimakaze
    it interesting point tho that she might be related to Huey

anyway
    The color theme and map details look bad IMO maybe it will get better? but at this rate it look horrible by fantasy game standard
    the black hole in the place of Xion is interesting... so the entire corrupted mothership is gone for good and replace by a black hole that even absorb star the alternate verse?

still I'm look 50/50 looking forward to this
    Last edited by mickbis; Jun 10, 2017 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
    Ehhh she just sound like Megumin her VA tho does Kancolle Shimakaze
    Ah, my mistake. Konosuba withdrawal, you see.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Ah, my mistake. Konosuba withdrawal, you see.
    me too actually lol the legend among comedy genre
    anyway Stratos seem like a "Chuni hero" so everyone does see Megumin in her...

I can expect Stratos enjoying a year's worth of top ranking popularity as Katori and Io have in their respective Episodes.

And considering the requirements to be a Hero, Stratos could potentially be the strongest of the NPC class trainers.