Page 68 of 122 FirstFirst ... 18586566676869707178118 ... LastLast

Incoming Crimson Fatalis.

Very original.

Quote Originally Posted by Asellus View Post
    Incoming Crimson Fatalis.

Very original.
    I also thought of this when I first saw the dragon, along with some symbols of the wings that also reminded me of Rathalos for some reason.
    but to be fair, Sakai (PSO2) and Teruki Miyashita (MHF-Z) did have their own talk on TGS, maybe MH team designed the dragon for PSO2?

Quote Originally Posted by KaizoKage View Post
    I also thought of this when I first saw the dragon, along with some symbols of the wings that also reminded me of Rathalos for some reason.
    but to be fair, Sakai (PSO2) and Teruki Miyashita (MHF-Z) did have their own talk on TGS, maybe MH team designed the dragon for PSO2?
    Doubt it, If there's one thing SEGA is super good at, it's always been designing dragons.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by blkbox11 View Post
    Thanks. I remembered something like that, but not the exact cost.

What about expansions? Do you have to pay for those separately from the subscriptions?
    Rn you can buy Realm reborn and its 2 expansions for $60 and $20 for the starter (I just looked at it perently they changed it) Course you could get lucky like me and get them for $20 (got the main game and the first expansion)

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    You say that, but a lot of FFXIV's references to iconic creatures are based off their first or most famous design almost directly. It's just that Amano's designs had a lot more going on, so they look more interesting in a time when you can actually portray them properly.
    Still, the FFXIV designs of Bahamut and Shinryu have a noticeably distinct look to them that not only do they look new but you can still recognize them as the classic monsters from their first appearance i.e. Bahamut is still a two-legged dragon, Shinryu is still a legless, serpentine-like dragon.

PSO2's red dragon differs from the original one only in that its now a four-legged dragon but other than that, its got nothing unique about its design. This is rather disappointing when the game has had some really bizarre but cool dragon designs before.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Still, the FFXIV designs of Bahamut and Shinryu have a noticeably distinct look to them that not only do they look new but you can still recognize them as the classic monsters from their first appearance i.e. Bahamut is still a two-legged dragon, Shinryu is still a legless, serpentine-like dragon.
    My point is that the original design was already distinct. They got more intricate and had a few simple design changes, but the overal concept is still the same. On top of that, there have been years of Bahamuts and Shinryus to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    PSO2's red dragon differs from the original one only in that its now a four-legged dragon but other than that, its got nothing unique about its design.
    Because the original had nothing unique about its design. Unlike the FFXIV enemies they don't really have much to work with. If the point is to directly translate a generic fantasy dragon into the game, which I assume it is, then they did it perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Is it because XI isn't casual friendly?
    The guy's attitude has been a problem for some time. Best to just ignore him and let him play his hardcore games.

Quote Originally Posted by blkbox11 View Post
    The guy's attitude has been a problem for some time. Best to just ignore him and let him play his hardcore games.
    That doesn't mean I have to be mean to him.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    My point is that the original design was already distinct. They got more intricate and had a few simple design changes, but the overal concept is still the same. On top of that, there have been years of Bahamuts and Shinryus to work with.
    This was the original Bahamut:

This was Bahamut in FFIII

The original designs were never really distinct and were rather basic, run-of-the-mill dragons to begin with but FF made something pretty damn amazing from a rather barebones design in the later years. Sure, FF has had years of Bahamuts to work with since then and while PS did not have several Red Dragons in later entries, the series has had a ton of other dragons to work with so its not an excuse that they didn't have much to work with.

Additionally, there actually is another design of the Red Dragon found in Phantasy Star Generation 1 that wasn't as overly-simple as the original and the latest iteration. There's no excuse for why the newest Red Dragon couldn't have looked a little more creative when there was at the very least one redesign that did something new with the old design.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    That doesn't mean I have to be mean to him.
    Thing is, in this situation, you could have done nothing and it wouldn't have gone across that way at all. Not responding isn't being mean if a person wasn't addressing you specifically.