Page 121 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2171111118119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1219

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    I'm starting to think Shiva and her gang arent the only adversary wanting to wipe out the Photoner legacy.
    Don't forget about Mother.

Her intention wasnt to destroy but to surpass their legacy. Which somehow backfired her so hard prpbably because she didnt take note on risk of absorbing Falz essence lol.
    test

I think I know what Shiva calls "her sacrifice".

So, Shiva is one of the main deities of Hinduism, whom Shaivites (Shiva followers) worship as the supreme god. Among his (yes, his) common epithets are Shambhu (“Benign”), Shankara (“Beneficent”), Mahesha (“Great Lord”), and Mahadeva (“Great God”). So you can tell he is a badass God.

As a curiosity "[...] Shiva is usually depicted in painting and sculpture as white (from the ashes of corpses that are smeared on his body) with a blue neck (from holding in his throat the poison that emerged at the churning of the cosmic ocean, which threatened to destroy the world) [1]"

This "Churning of the ocean of milk" is, "[...] in Hinduism, one of the central events in the ever-continuing struggle between the devas (gods) and the asuras (demons, or titans)[2]". Basically goes like this:

The gods, who had become weakened as a result of a curse by the irascible sage Durvasas, invited the asuras to help them recover the elixir of immortality, the amrita, from the depths of the cosmic ocean. Mount Mandara—a spur of Mount Meru, the world axis—was torn out to use as a churning stick and was steadied at the bottom of the ocean by Vishnu in his avatar (incarnation) as the tortoise Kurma. The asuras held the head of the naga (half-human, half-cobra) Vasuki, who was procured for a churning rope, and the gods held his tail. When Vasuki’s head vomited forth poison that threatened to fall into the ocean and contaminate the amrita, the god Shiva took it and held it in his throat, a feat that turned his throat blue. [2]
    So yeah, devas and asuras took a fucking mountain, put it in the middle of the fucking cosmic ocean, took a fucking half-human, half-cobra and used it as a fucking rope to churn the fucking cosmic ocean searching for the fucking elixir of immortality. Obviously the naga didn't like it, so it vomited a poison so strong, even Shiva was affected when he took it. Fortunately, his wife Parvati (yes, like the Harry Potter character), gripped her husband's neck with both hands in order to stop the poison [3], and that's why he is often represented with a blue throat.

I think Shiva would be a little bit angry at those events.

Also, I think the name of Shiva's other companion is Mitra. Varuna is "[...] the personification of divine authority. He is the ruler of the sky realm and the upholder of cosmic and moral law (rita)[4]", and he is often jointly invoked with Mitra, who "[...] represents friendship, integrity, harmony, and all else that is important in the successful maintenance of order in human existence[5]".

We Hinduism now.

[1] https://www.britannica.com/topic/Shiva
    [2] https://www.britannica.com/topic/chu...-ocean-of-milk
    [3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halahala
    [4] https://www.britannica.com/topic/Varuna
    [5] https://www.britannica.com/topic/Mitra-Vedic-god

I kinda miss the moral ambiguity that ARKS had in ep 1-2, so I'm okay with factions being mad at Photoners, because at least some of them must've been less than empathetic to those outside of humanity.
    But, if Photoners are going to be the new bosses and story movers, I'd find it rather boring, because I dont think a story should revive characters. The whole photon ghost thing seems like a cop out.

We have already been through the worst times like losing the entire oracle, so its kind of hard to imagine something more threatening to happen.
    Especially where Arks is fully reestablished, cures for all sorts of darker problems exist, and fighting PD itself looks like sealing the leak once in a while.

Which is why I hope for ep6 enemies to have some sort of strongholds or any kind of fleet structure, instead of being space hobos that teleport all over the place just to be eaten by PD too at the end of the story. Just something that rivals the size of Arks as a Kardashev level 2 civilisation and not a screaming space flowerpot.
    Last edited by Golgotha; Nov 14, 2018 at 06:47 AM.

Well, sealing a leak that costs the fleet most of their fighting force, including the Council. And without Shion and Luther's Void Labs creating better and better photon users and tech, the next time might've been nigh impossible.
    But regardless, I hope that the space adventure is fun and tries to portray the actions and life of more than just the player.

i wonder if we will fight in the orbit of the existing planets , i have the theory which the main base of the new enemies will be something like the beast planet from shadow raiders , a planetary ship who can devour planets and as soon as detect enemies , it launch forces like angry wasps .

i wonder if we will finally fight in ships like in starwars , also i wonder if dragonkin and shironian will join in the war , there will be NPCs of them in the future

also guys do you think ultimate vopar and harukotan will be a thing (and with this one i hope it has a WW2 thematic because time space distortion baby )

Ultimate Vopar will probably be like it was during its days when Luther used it as an active lab. Ultimate Harukotan will probably be set before Magatsu's seal, when it still rampaged through the system.

Wasnt there a gigantic naberius moon in the beta version of pso2, i wonder if sega would use that concept again.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    also guys do you think ultimate vopar and harukotan will be a thing (and with this one i hope it has a WW2 thematic because time space distortion baby )
    Id start hoping for any decent ult fields only after they unscrew ult amd first. Or youll just get just some raid boss with super giga bal rodos instead of vopar field.
    Harukotan could also be alternative timeline where white tribe was devoured, and you help the black one instead. Or rather its a mix of both going absolutely nuts, like it is in amduscia.
    Last edited by Golgotha; Nov 14, 2018 at 05:42 PM.