Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

I can't get into this.

I really just want to see a PSO3 that reboots the universe into one with a much more serious and far less absurd tone, but I somehow doubt I'll get that with these directors on board. Bleh. Just not my thing anymore.

Doesn't help that the new stage looks incredibly bad from an artistic standpoint. Just incredibly bland flat fields with no color or shape variation to speak of. How can anyone be proud of the product they've made? It just looks terribly ill-fitting, especially in this day and age.

I have no problem with how this turned out. Had this started in September or October as we were initially thinking it would have been really suspicious that they were just ignoring it the anniversary, but since we're getting a July release there's enough time to go through some things in this new episode and then address it seperately. It technically isn't the 30th anniversary yet (December), and the Alissa III could show up at any time in the future near Earth (episode 6, 7, 8, EX chapter, it wouldn't matter.)

More than likely even after we've moved on Aika and other ARKS will continue to keep an eye on Earth and provide intel when something happened. Heck even if we don't go to Algol in the end, we pretty much got the mob design and medieval feel of the Alissa III. For those that are unaware, the worlds of Algol along with the Alissa III were actually filled with many of the standard fantasy trope monsters. Skeletons, Zombies, Slimes, Centaurs, Dragons, the list goes on.

Even though the Alissa III is a spaceship, the people that lived on that ship forgot they were infact on a space ship until much later in the game. (I could also play the argument that this alternate dimension might be Algol pre-Waiss but that's a stretch and I'd need better evidence to back it up first.)

I'm going to be that guy but a wormhole would be a warp from one spot to another spot in the same universe. This isn't the same universe. This is working on the theory that black holes are actually portals to a different universe.

And there is nothing wrong with them using this theory. There is literally no way for us to confirm what a black hole really is. If matter can not be destroyed then everything a black hole sucks in is either very densely packed into the center of the black hole, or somewhere else entirely.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Jun 11, 2017 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    I can't get into this.

I really just want to see a PSO3 that reboots the universe into one with a much more serious and far less absurd tone, but I somehow doubt I'll get that with these directors on board. Bleh. Just not my thing anymore.

Doesn't help that the new stage looks incredibly bad from an artistic standpoint. Just incredibly bland flat fields with no color or shape variation to speak of. How can anyone be proud of the product they've made? It just looks terribly ill-fitting, especially in this day and age.
    I mean, the tetraology was literally “high fantasy, but IN SPACE”...
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Only realized now that in the trailers where Stratos appears, instead of meeting her in the Forest area as per usual with all the other trainer NPCs before, we meet her at the Gate area.

The trailer also featured two other protagonists from the fantasy land but their trailer time was so short so we barely get an idea what their personality is like and their designs just aren't eye-catching enough to warrant much discussion. We've mostly been talking about Stratos so far because her personality and design (not to mention her cuteness factor) just stands out more.

Well she is literally the Megumin of PSO2 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Well she is literally the Megumin of PSO2 lol.
    Ah, right. She's a Hero so she can do a fire blast too.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Ah, right. She's a Hero so she can do a fire blast too.
    She's also got the chuuni part down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    She's also got the chuuni part down.
    But she doesn't wear an eyepatch over her perfectly functioning eye while claiming its her limiter.

Sooo, anybody know where our beloved ARKS Commander-in-Chief REALLY is right now?
    Despite mentioned quite properly in Episode 4, she never really made an appearance until the end.

And from the looks of the Episode 5 trailer, it seems that she is still yet to appear in person.