Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

First idk why its nerf ? since WB jamming, all new content was with WB jamming, so to not confuse new players, it's good decision to simple make it 120% ( which is already alot imo ). Also many AR PA's got power buff, it's clearly Ranger buff (specially for AR ).

Quote Originally Posted by LancerFate View Post
    First idk why its nerf ? since WB jamming, all new content was with WB jamming, so to not confuse new players, it's good decision to simple make it 120% ( which is already alot imo ). Also many AR PA's got power buff, it's clearly Ranger buff (specially for AR ).
    Plus it was accompanied by HP nerfs for several EQ bosses that people were known to drop out if there was no weak bullet in the opening 10 seconds (magatsu).

I've said it years ago when Luther first came out: Weak bullet was the mathematical difference between a 21 minute fight, and a 7 minute fight. Boss fights, and the Ra class should never have been balanced around a 300% (later lowered to 255%) damage boost which can possibly be entirely absent.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    ...the Ra class should never have been balanced around a 300% (later lowered to 255%) damage boost which can possibly be entirely absent.
    That really was an incredible boost when comparing to other games, where stuff like our new, low 120% is enormous. I hope this is a move towards better balance, because this game was getting exponentially out of control. It must have been hard to manage, this enormous potential damage difference between players.

On the original PSO you started doing maybe 50 damage per hit, and perhaps 1000 per hit end game - much less damage variance, much easier to plan bosses from the dev point of view. I know we all like our big numbers but I wouldn't complain if we went back to a system like that.

Me neither to be honest. But it seems you guys are forgetting something. You say 120% is an enourmous boost. But remember that the first number doesnīt count. So, itīs about a 20% damage boost. When before, it gave an actual 155% damage boost. I still say we should get a buff to EA and SC since its our main dps PAīs. Not buffing those but making other previously useless PAīs will just add more ways of doing the same damage, when the point is to compensate for the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    Me neither to be honest. But it seems you guys are forgetting something. You say 120% is an enourmous boost. But remember that the first number doesnīt count. So, itīs about a 20% damage boost. When before, it gave an actual 155% damage boost. I still say we should get a buff to EA and SC since its our main dps PAīs. Not buffing those but making other previously useless PAīs will just add more ways of doing the same damage, when the point is to compensate for the loss.
    They're sorta doing the same thing with many classes. Overused attacks are generally left alone, or even nerfed, while attacks some of us literally haven't used in years are getting buffs.

Look at what they're doing for katanas for example. They're not touching Guren, and Sakura 0 is only getting a pp cost reduction. Most other attacks are seeing boosts in power, speed, and pp cost reductions at the same time.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

What loss? Have you not paid attention at all? That 120% is exactly the same multiplier that you are getting now in newer content when you see that purple weak bullet. All they are doing is making it flat across the board while giving Ranger other buffs. Do you really need that 255% to do older content still? Do you still need it for free explore and arks missions? Even enemies in EP4 story missions had WB jamming. All newer content except Rainy Day 2017 has had WB jamming. They even specifically said they would remove WB jamming after they change Ranger's WB multiplier to 120%.

While buffing Ranger with PA buffs, making any WB mark count for Weak Hit, and some sort of buff to the other types of shots that we still need to see.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Jun 11, 2017 at 10:09 PM.

Not to mention lower CD time and more bullets.

nope its not a nerf, there are rangers not even using WB and able to do many things anyway. for me its more an eye opener to play ranger at other style not just simply WB on every circumstances, beside, there are PAs that get buff, even launcher damage get buff, and monster also got balanced too

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    So did you not know that the blue WB you've been seeing in every quest since PD is 20%?

After 2 years or so ra is finally getting fixed. Regular WB is op but jammed / nerfed is just right cause 20% is a good mpa boost but not mandatory like before.
    Also, instead of burst damage it gets turned into a sustainable bread & butter skill.
    Combined with it proccing WHA and the pa buffs, ra is actually getting stronger. Just no more oneshotting bosses but for longer fights and quests ra should performer overall better than before, WHA is a massive damage boost itself.

Also, it won't be relying nearly as much on headshots anymore so you don't need mad fps skillz to be a good ra anymore.