Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Thoughts on rangerīs upcoming Nerf?

I understand nerfing weak bullet. But why the lack of boost to the class that owns it since itīs the most affected one by this? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    I understand nerfing weak bullet. But why the lack of boost to the class that owns it since itīs the most affected one by this? Thoughts?
    It is getting buffs, though? WHA1&2 will now work on any point with weak bullet on it, regardless of the actual weakness/resistance of the target. Considering anything relevant has had jammed WB for a long time, this is honestly a buff to ranger itself. Rifle is also getting some PA buffs that might be notable depending on how big they are.

I'm wondering, by "jamming" do you mean that each monster can only have one weak bullet point? Or that the modifier is forced to 255% regardless? Does this mean monsters can have multiple weak bullet points after the update?

It's not a nerf. It's making sure content can actually be cleared without a ranger around, acting as a WB slave. Something which Sega was inching towards doing for a long time but only now is ready to commit.

If anything it allows the RA to be something else than the aforementioned WB slave.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheen20 View Post
    I'm wondering, by "jamming" do you mean that each monster can only have one weak bullet point? Or that the modifier is forced to 255% regardless? Does this mean monsters can have multiple weak bullet points after the update?
    I think "jamming" is when the hit part is purple, showing that WB is "resisted," meaning the damage bonus itself is reduced over what it normally is.

But that's an assumption on my part.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

As a long time Ranger I personally approve the nerf for WB in exchange for buff for other PAs and other bullets. More play-styles the merrier!

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    I think "jamming" is when the hit part is purple, showing that WB is "resisted," meaning the damage bonus itself is reduced over what it normally is.

But that's an assumption on my part.
    That is indeed what WB jamming is; on Bosses that have it, it brings WB's multiplier down to 120% from 255%. Essentially, this nerf is just bringing WB down to the modifier of the jammed version.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 10, 2017 at 09:04 PM.

Even against bosses with WB jamming, Ranger is still a solid class that can top parses just by spamming End Attract/Satellite Cannon/Parallel-0. For solo, it's not like you even need WB to oneshot free field bosses. The big problem imo is pub TDs and shooting down infected jets but otherwise power creep has grown enough that it's OK.

Loading more WBs is amazing for quality of life though. Overall it's a buff IMO, although I need to pay last respects to my dying Fi/Ra build.

But they're buffing Sneak Shooter! That'll be a nice boost to your dps :D
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

More like SEGA tried to free RA from bring WB Slave